NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ameer Abdullah 2017 Outlook

Winky

2 hours ago, pwaterm2 said:

10.3 standard points per game would have been 164.8 on the season, good for RB12 last year (low end RB1).

Come on man, you can;t just look at it like that. As the guy said above you have to account for  all the players who missed games and do it on a PPG basis. Right now hes RB#32 in my league which is an RB3.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, leesanity7 said:

I could be wrong, but I think that's Zenner's role... 

Abdullah certainly didn't get goal line the last time I watched him. 

RZ Targets: Theo Riddick (1, 0, 1), Ameer Abdullah (0, 0, 1)

RZ Carries: Ameer Abdullah (4, 0, 0), Zenner/Washington (2, 2, 1)

Inside 5 Carries: Ameer Abdullah (1, 0, 0)

Week 3 NFC Targets

He leads the team in RZ carries + targets at 6 although he has only had 1 in the past two weeks combined...

The Lions usually pass at the goal line where Riddick is probably the first choice of the RBs... And when they run inside the 5, even though Abdullah is currently leading, more often than not I would expect whichever is active out of ZZ and D Wash to be the first choice.  It's hard to say considering RZ carries are 4 for AA vs 5 for everyone and AA has the only "GL" carry...

Abdullah is kind of the jack of all trades, master of none, of this personnel group at the moment.  I'd like to see him get more opportunities at the GL... otherwise he's going to have to bust them from 10+ yards out.

Edited by Gabbed

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

Come on man, you can;t just look at it like that. As the guy said above you have to account for  all the players who missed games and do it on a PPG basis. Right now hes RB#32 in my league which is an RB3.

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Flawed assumption that players play 16 games per year. Your better guess is a little less than 15. 

fair enough, low end RB2 then.

30 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

RZ Targets: Theo Riddick (1, 0, 1), Ameer Abdullah (0, 0, 1)

RZ Carries: Ameer Abdullah (4, 0, 0), Zenner/Washington (2, 2, 1)

Inside 5 Carries: Ameer Abdullah (1, 0, 0)

Week 3 NFC Targets

He leads the team in RZ carries + targets at 6 although he has only had 1 in the past two weeks combined...

The Lions usually pass at the goal line where Riddick is probably the first choice of the RBs... And when they run inside the 5, even though Abdullah is currently leading, more often than not I would expect whichever is active out of ZZ and D Wash to be the first choice.  It's hard to say considering RZ carries are 4 for AA vs 5 for everyone and AA has the only "GL" carry...

Abdullah is kind of the jack of all trades, master of none, of this personnel group at the moment.  I'd like to see him get more opportunities at the GL... otherwise he's going to have to bust them from 10+ yards out.

Interesting. Glad I was wrong, haha, thanks. 

Abdullah is crazy explosive, but I just wish he was three inches taller, so he could easily be a three-down back in this league. Is Abdullah anywhere near the pass-catcher that Riddick is? I see him getting a few passes, but I don't know why they don't utilize him more.

Still have yet to see the Lions play this season, so I gotta get on that. AA intrigues me so much, but he's still an enigma to me.

I'm not disappointed in what I've seen so far from AA or the Lion's commitment to him. 

Touches through 3 games for a team that is 2-1 (VERY close to 3-0) and going to be in a lot of games with that offense/defense:

AA: 52 (46 rush att [13th in the NFL] / 6 rec) = PACE: 245 rushes / not many receptions

Theo: 23 (10/13)

The field: 12 (12/0)

Solid...not spectacular, but solid. I know he's RB38 right now, but if you give him 1 TD, he's RB 27, 2 TD and he's RB12. 19th in total yds for RB's...That's what I was hoping for when I drafted him...well, that and some GD TD's

25 minutes ago, cutter311 said:

I'm not disappointed in what I've seen so far from AA or the Lion's commitment to him. 

Touches through 3 games for a team that is 2-1 (VERY close to 3-0) and going to be in a lot of games with that offense/defense:

AA: 52 (46 rush att [13th in the NFL] / 6 rec) = PACE: 245 rushes / not many receptions

Theo: 23 (10/13)

The field: 12 (12/0)

Solid...not spectacular, but solid. I know he's RB38 right now, but if you give him 1 TD, he's RB 27, 2 TD and he's RB12. 19th in total yds for RB's...That's what I was hoping for when I drafted him...well, that and some GD TD's

If you add to his stats he climbs the rankings??? What happens if you add to the guys above him? Do they stay above him?

39 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

If you add to his stats he climbs the rankings??? What happens if you add to the guys above him? Do they stay above him?

24 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Lol if amari cooper had 7 more TDs he would be the number 1 receiver in fantasy.

Not sure you guys got the point. The point was that AA, if he continues to run the way he has been, will likely stumble into a TD here and there which raises his value going forward.  That's really what we are talking about here, guys projections going forward. When you see a guy with Zero TDs through 3 weeks do you just extrapolate zero TDS for the rest of the year regardless of how well he has been playing?

TDs for RBs/WRs can be very streaky. Zeke has 1. Terrance West has 2. Do you guys think West will double Zeke's TD production by years end? 

AA isn't Zeke, but if he rushes for about 900 yards, which is what he is on pace for, he will score TDs. If you aren't 0-3, you don't mind the lack of TDs because you can assume they're coming as they did for every RB last year with 900ish rushing yards. 

5 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Not sure you guys got the point. The point was that AA, if he continues to run the way he has been, will likely stumble into a TD here and there which raises his value going forward.  That's really what we are talking about here, guys projections going forward. When you see a guy with Zero TDs through 3 weeks do you just extrapolate zero TDS for the rest of the year regardless of how well he has been playing?

TDs for RBs/WRs can be very streaky. Zeke has 1. Terrance West has 2. Do you guys think West will double Zeke's TD production by years end? 

AA isn't Zeke, but if he rushes for about 900 yards, which is what he is on pace for, he will score TDs. If you aren't 0-3, you don't mind the lack of TDs because you can assume they're coming as they did for every RB last year with 900ish rushing yards. 

Fair enough. I think most of us here are rooting for Abdullah to do well.

5 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I appreciate you providing clarity...You certainly were more articulate and concise with your explanation, and spot on with what I was trying to get across. 

In the end, I'm just saying from a touches and yards perspective, I think this is a good place for AA. 

29 minutes ago, rigadoog said:

20/94/1 and 3 catches for 15. Buy while you can fellas.

Buy him? What the heck, do you play with junior high kids? You can't expect a bargain coming off a good game. Should have bought last week. Now if an owner wants to sell high, there might be an opportunity but you as the buyer won't be getting him cheap.

Guessing that many of his owners had him on the bench, because that's just how fantasy football works. 

Ameer Abdullah rushed 20 times for 94 yards and one touchdown in the Lions' 14-7, Week 4 win over the Vikings.

It's the first time Abdullah has ever received 20 carries in a game, and the 94 yards sets a new career-best, besting his 86 from Week 2. Abdullah had a chance at a 100-yard game but hurt his foot/ankle in the fourth quarter and never came back in. Afterward, coach Jim Caldwell said Abdullah was fine and cleared by the medical staff. On top of the rushing work, Abdullah caught 3-of-4 targets for 15 yards. It looked like he was playing an expanded role, while Theo Riddick's usage was reduced. Riddick saw just two targets in the pass game. Abdullah's touchdown was also a plunge at the goal line. If Abdullah gets this kind of role moving forward, he'll be much more reliable in fantasy. The Lions host the Panthers in Week 5.