NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ameer Abdullah 2017 Outlook

Winky

38 minutes ago, CooL said:

Buy him? What the heck, do you play with junior high kids? You can't expect a bargain coming off a good game. Should have bought last week. Now if an owner wants to sell high, there might be an opportunity but you as the buyer won't be getting him cheap.

Guessing that many of his owners had him on the bench, because that's just how fantasy football works. 

Not this guy, in my line-up every week and on my way to 3-1 with his help...

With the value Abdullah presented during the draft I took him as my deep-league RB2 and I've been happy with his volume as the clear lead back in a good offense, and now with him getting GL TDs and receptions, while seeing a reduced role for Riddick we could be seeing the potential for Ameer to become a fringe RB1.

- Lead Back, Volume

- Gets Receptions

- Getting Goal-lines???

Today's Touches:

Ameer - 23

Riddick - 5

Abdullah is everything you want in a RB2 .............with upside.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside 10 Carries 2017

Ameer 4  (1 TD)

Washington 3 (0 TD)- 2 Games

Zenner 1 (0 TD)

Receptions:

Riddick 19/13  82

Ameer 11/9  65

Rushes:

Ameer 66  257

Riddick 14  23

Washington 9  31- 2 Games

Zenner 6   5

Washington injury has helped his cause. Washington was the TD vulture here. Showed be best pure runner behind him. Zenner seems to be little threat. So if Washington is still out next week.. Should get the TD opps and some sprinkles of receptions while being the clear lead back in rushes.

Edited by Slatykamora

22 minutes ago, erick2008e said:

The best is yet to come for this guy.

Honestly I was going to see what I could get if he had a good game, but I basically saw everything I wanted to see from him in this one.

20 carries, goal line TD, more targets/catches than Riddick., close to 100 yards with 4.7 YPC - all against a good defense.

On top of the good stats, he actually looks good. Talent is there. Opportunity is there.

I'm holding.

Edited by yahyahtrick

1 minute ago, yahyahtrick said:

Honestly I was going to see what I could get if he had a good game, but I basically saw everything I wanted to see from him in this one.

20 carries, goal line carry TD, more targets/catches than Riddick., close to 100 yards with 4.7 YPC - all against a good defense.

I'm holding.

Losing Carson make's me even more thankfully I held onto him

As I said earlier in this thread, there is upside here.  Detroit is going to win games with a good defense and a balanced offense.  If Abdullah can perform in short yardage, he can win that work and be a solid RB2.  It's not like Washington and Zenner are so good that they will be impossible to outperform.

2 minutes ago, jspeed said:

As I said earlier in this thread, there is upside here.  Detroit is going to win games with a good defense and a balanced offense.  If Abdullah can perform in short yardage, he can win that work and be a solid RB2.  It's not like Washington and Zenner are so good that they will be impossible to outperform.

He's already a RB2 that's not his upside that's a shoe in as far as I'm concerned. His upside is RB1 if Riddick continues to fade and they trust him inside the 10 (not even the 5).

10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He's already a RB2 that's not his upside that's a shoe in as far as I'm concerned. His upside is RB1 if Riddick continues to fade and they trust him inside the 10 (not even the 5).

I don't think Riddick is going anywhere.  Also an RB2 that doesn't get TDs is a low end RB2.  It's not a done deal that Abdullah gets the GL work.  Most of the goodness of Abdullah is that he's a threat to run to the edge and defenses have to honor that.  On the goal line, that's not particularly helpful.  But if you have a nose for the end-zone you can overcome the perception that a bigger guy will do better.  Jamaal Charles was the goal line back for the Chiefs in spite of the big guys they always seemed to have backing him up.

He's definitely a solid RB2 after this performance and the amount of usage he has received. He's moved up from being a fringe RB2/flex after this last game. I do agree that he has RB1 upside, although that upside is probably more of a back end RB1/high end RB2. A lot of things still have to go right. The usage and red zone looks last game were encouraging and the fact that he was able to finish the TD off from the 3 should help his case even more going forward. Personally, I think he has the talent of a high end RB1, but will probably settle in as a high end RB2, assuming he stays healthy in his current situation. His health is a big issue for me though. He scares the s--- out of me every time he touches the ball. He's left the past 2 games to ankle injuries, and although they were both deemed minor, it's still terrifying to see him limp off the field. But overall, I'm just stoked about Ameer. His stock is going up. 

I'm not trying to be that guy that comes into a thread to rain on everybody's parade but I am avidly trying to sell Abdullah after this performance. I just don't think he's that great of a player. He will def be an RB2 so I wouldn't give him away for pennies but I am def going to see what kind of interest he garners.

On 10/2/2017 at 1:07 AM, erick2008e said:

The best is yet to come for this guy.

Surprisingly, he was not only cut last week but I was able to pick him up even though I picked 8/10. I guess the guys ahead of me were more interested in several WRs who had big games and guys like Gallman or Murray instead. So I scooped him up to be my 4th RB. 

Just now, TennisMenace said:

Surprisingly, he was not only cut last week but I was able to pick him up even though I picked 8/10. I guess the guys ahead of me were more interested in several WRs who had big games and guys like Gallman or Murray instead. So I scooped him up to be my 4th RB. 

Sheesh 

9 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

No one cares about your 2nd grade teacher league.  

Well, he's got another tough matchup against Carolina run D which is stout.  But after what he did to Minnesota?  Who is sitting this guy?  One of just 3 RBs to get at least 17 touches in every game this season.  I'm rolling with him.  (Which means he probably falls flat on his face and it becomes a Riddick game...)