NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ameer Abdullah 2017 Outlook

Winky

15 minutes ago, yanksman said:

One good game vs MIN and he was moving up the charts as a low end RB1. One bad game and now hes an RB3? I think hes an RB2 from here on out.

He was a Top 20-30 RB, had the best game of his career and was a Top 20-30 RB, and is now a Top 20-30 RB. 

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

I think he'll feast this week against the Saints.

By "feast," I mean, 15 points.

I would be ecstatic for that as it is near his ceiling with the emergence of zimmer

5 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He was a Top 20-30 RB, had the best game of his career and was a Top 20-30 RB, and is now a Top 20-30 RB. 

20-30 is a wide range, I'd say 15-20. RB is just bad. You're getting a fair amount of touches with some play making ability. I do not think Abdullah is great by any means, but valuing him past 25 shows a lack of understanding the current RB climate.  There arent 25 guys who you can count on for 15+ touches a week, Abdullah has gotten no less than 17 last 3.

Some people are really stuck on running back value from years ago. They literally all suck except like 5-6 guys. You play the guys with touches and decent matchups.

For sure I would rather have someone like Lamar Miller than Ameer Abdullah( not they were the same price), but the guy has one game over 10 points this year.  Everyone is getting bad games out of their RBs.  

AA is clearly a top 24 rb right now, and thats a starter in 12 team leagues, let alone in bye weeks.   He will have some duds and some big games. 

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

20-30 is a wide range, I'd say 15-20. RB is just bad. You're getting a fair amount of touches with some play making ability. I do not think Abdullah is great by any means, but valuing him past 25 shows a lack of understanding the current RB climate.  There arent 25 guys who you can count on for 15+ touches a week, Abdullah has gotten no less than 17 last 3.

Some people are really stuck on running back value from years ago. They literally all suck except like 5-6 guys. You play the guys with touches and decent matchups.

For sure I would rather have someone like Lamar Miller than Ameer Abdullah( not they were the same price), but the guy has one game over 10 points this year.  Everyone is getting bad games out of their RBs.  

AA is clearly a top 24 rb right now, and thats a starter in 12 team leagues, let alone in bye weeks.   He will have some duds and some big games. 

I didn't value him past 25. He's RB21 right now.

Completely disagree with your range. You don't "play the guys with touches". Frank Gore is slated for a Top 20 finish again. He hasn't scored 12 points this year. I highly value Abdullah because he's going to be rock solid for bye weeks, but that's about it.

He's not going to get touchdowns. Abdullah has 1 game over 10 points this year. He's a high-floor guy. His ceiling is about 17 points, as we saw a week ago. 

He's not "clearly a Top 24 RB" right now. Again, he's coming off the best game of his life a week ago. There's no reason to expect a repeat of that performance until he can show it consistently. It's something I and many owners are in our 3rd season of waiting for.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

He's not "clearly a Top 24 RB" right now. Again, he's coming off the best game of his life a week ago. There's no reason to expect a repeat of that performance until he can show it consistently. It's something I and many owners are in our 3rd season of waiting for.

If he showed it consistently he'd be a top 5 RB. 

I love Ameer as a player but watching the Lions makes me so frustrated. It seems like they don't trust him in the red zone and has lost many looks to Washington/Zenner this season in the red zone. Do you guys think he starts to get more looks from here on out?

4 minutes ago, Squidward said:

I love Ameer as a player but watching the Lions makes me so frustrated. It seems like they don't trust him in the red zone and has lost many looks to Washington/Zenner this season in the red zone. Do you guys think he starts to get more looks from here on out?

No...zenner is the goal line back

13 minutes ago, Squidward said:

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He got two chances before Zenner came in.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

In previous games it looked like all the guys got some GL looks but I do think Zenner looked great on his GL carry last game. Zenner ran through like 2 tackles and AA probably doesn't score there. As an AA owner I want them to keep giving him chances but if I'm the coach I'm sticking with Zenner.

Is anyone feeling comfortable starting this guy this week?

Last week, of course, started him. Dud. Missed the previous week where he suddenly got all the touches and a goal line TD.

This week: Theoretical good matchup. On turf @NO. NO isn't great against the run by any means and Stafford usually plays against NO well. Could keep it close. If not, who gets the catches in catchup mode?

Torn. Playing either Abdullah or McKinnon in my flex. Sick of playing whack a mole with this guy.

23 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

This week: Theoretical good matchup. On turf @NO. NO isn't great against the run by any means and Stafford usually plays against NO well. Could keep it close. If not, who gets the catches in catchup mode?

Yeah... that's the problem. If they start getting blown out early it's Riddick time. That said, I don't think they defend the run well and IMO Detroit is a decent matchup for them on defense. As of now I'm benching him for more "concrete" options.

1 hour ago, RoboFroogs said:

Yeah... that's the problem. If they start getting blown out early it's Riddick time. That said, I don't think they defend the run well and IMO Detroit is a decent matchup for them on defense. As of now I'm benching him for more "concrete" options.

Would be interested to here what concrete options are better than Abdullah. I'm not sure McKinnon is concrete. Could be quicksand.

I know I'm starting D. Martin over AA.

Just now, kyoun1e said:

Would be interested to here what concrete options are better than Abdullah. I'm not sure McKinnon is concrete. Could be quicksand.

I know I'm starting D. Martin over AA.

Don't want to get into a WDIS thread, but as of today I'm rolling with Ingram, Aaron Jones (if TyMont is out again), and either Emmanuel Sanders or Gilly/McGuire in the flex depending on how the practice reports go today. The AA matchup is good on paper but it's a home game for NO and their run D has actually been OK outside of week 1. I just expect NO to go up a few scores early and turn it into a Riddick game.

6 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Don't want to get into a WDIS thread, but as of today I'm rolling with Ingram, Aaron Jones (if TyMont is out again), and either Emmanuel Sanders or Gilly/McGuire in the flex depending on how the practice reports go today. The AA matchup is good on paper but it's a home game for NO and their run D has actually been OK outside of week 1. I just expect NO to go up a few scores early and turn it into a Riddick game.

Did Riddick re-emerge significantly last week? Previous to last week the conventional wisdom was that Riddick was done. Trying to get a handle on his role and if anything's changed.

Would agree on Ingram and Jones if starting over AA.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:55 AM, Squidward said:

Not to mention Riddick getting more play after the coach saying that teams were taking him out of the game because he is a known pass catcher.  And stupid Stafford trying to always make stone hands Eric Ebron a thing.  I guess he moved on from Ebron and now turned his attention to Fells.

Frustrating guy to own.  He was one of my flagpole players this year on a lot of my teams.  Which explains in part why I'm having a miserable season.

15 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Did Riddick re-emerge significantly last week? Previous to last week the conventional wisdom was that Riddick was done. Trying to get a handle on his role and if anything's changed.

Not really, it's just that when they are down they will have Riddick in which takes away snaps/potential points from AA. Riddick had 4 catches for like 50 yards last week. Plus Zenner vultured him at the GL again.