NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ameer Abdullah 2017 Outlook

Winky

Just now, Big Tuna said:

Really like his talent - completely at a loss why the Lions dont use him more.....2d week in a row playing catch up and they simply take one of their best weapons out of the game....crazy.  

It's the Lions. Where incredible talent goes to rot and eventually retire as an escape.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Big Tuna said:

Really like his talent - completely at a loss why the Lions dont use him more.....2d week in a row playing catch up and they simply take one of their best weapons out of the game....crazy.  

I'm really not a fan of their play calling.  They go into panic mode and pretend it's 2012 and Stafford is hucking it to Megatron on every play.  They shouldn't be giving up on the run.  He's still a hold for me, he'll have brighter days and I think there could be changes coming to Detroit.

10 minutes ago, id10t said:

Really, you're stumped as to why the team that was down 45-10 stopped running the ball? 

Abdullah is not a good RB. He's an OK pass catcher, but there is no point at all in feeding him the rock up the gut. 

Few things- AA is not a usual runner...he definitely has the speed and moves to break a long run for a TD....especially when D is playing back waiting on the passes that came the last half....also by taking him out of the game and putting in Reddick they dont even give the illusion that the run is possible which one of the reasons why they had so many picks....finally AA is a decent receiver out of the backfield....no clue why they just dont even give him a chance...I get Reddick is good out of the backfield but not at the expense of the above...really bad coaching IMO.  

I get them wanting to use Riddick as a third down back.

However, using him on first and second down at any point in the game is just absolutely stupid and terrible coaching. Abdullah is just as good at being a WR as Riddick but 10x the runner Riddick will ever be. With Abdullah in the defense would have to stay honest to the run and he can serve the same purpose. When Riddick is in the defense can forget about covering the run.

3&10 it makes sense when the play call is predictable. 2&7 it's just dumb coaching. 

Edited by Gohawks

17 minutes ago, Squidward said:

I am so tempted to just cut tires with Abdullah entirely. Lions play calling is horrible and I don't know when I can feel comfortable starting him...not even in flex honestly.

This. Outside of a bye week, this guy should never be started

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Try trading him to someone who is desperate for a running back. Literally someone that does not have a viable RB2 and they may bite.  I just traded Wentz, Abdullah, Rudolph, and Funchess for Cooks and Delanie Walker. 

That would be me...So f---.

32 minutes ago, 6point6 said:

This guy has been sitting on my bench for weeks now, but at the same time I can't bring myself to drop him. I wish he had more trade value. This really screwed up my RB core plan.

I traded this guy for practically nothing in order to free up a bench spot. It's just a flatlined value and there are more upside players to target. I'm not having a lot of confidence that the Lions will be having great game scripts going forward.

Until they phase out Riddick, this is a bad situation.

On 10/16/2017 at 7:10 AM, Dr. Whom said:

This. Outside of a bye week, this guy should never be started

Agree, but he's only a missed defensive assignment or two away from a big game each week, so maybe those of us who are using him as a bye week plug will get lucky.

Edited by Rolling Thunder