NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ameer Abdullah 2017 Outlook

Winky

PFF came out with a stat that said AA was #4 in the NFL for yards after contact.  I read a bunch of stories in the Detroit press over the bye week that basically said the Abdullah was good (O-Line sucks) and the Lions were possibly telegraphing their plays with their personnel (spoiler alert: they are).

I have this feeling that they will try to use Abdullah more in the passing game if not more overall.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/16/2017 at 1:04 PM, ozark said:

What is his trade value right now?

Packaged him with Demarco Murray for Jordan Howard in standard. Trying to move him in my PPR league as well but he's not drawing much interest. 

I really like Abdullah as a player, I just don't think it's going to happen for him this year or in Detroit in general given his usage... he's not got enough going in the pass game to make him worthwhile in PPR, and not enough of a TD threat for standard. Hopefully he gets to go somewhere where he can excel once his rookie contract is up after 2018.

This guy is hot garbage.  I can't wait to drop him.

I know it was Pittsburgh.  So maybe got to give him some slack.  But he was Ineffective running between the tackles.  I think maybe had one or two goalline plays, although I know with the second Stafford didn't give him the ball.  Losing snaps to Riddick and freaking Washington.  Plus Stafford is terrible in the redzone.  

It's not AA is the horrid play calling by JBC and the rest of idiots in Detroit.  Washington got how many cracks at the GL? 4 or 5?  They brought AA in for a single GL snap during that sequence (when they went for it on 4th down instead of the FG) and they ran a terrible play action instead.  Sadly AA isn't gonna produce anything with the system and coaches they have in place in Detroit.  And yes I had to use him this week as a bye week filler, and he may cost me my week.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

The guy is a really good running back. He is not used properly. Simple as that.

So true - the guy is a true 3 down back and like all RBs the more touches you get the more of a rhythm you get into. It’s like coming off the bench in a basketball game so much has to do with getting the ball and having the confidence to keep shooting. I also thought Abdullah would be a nice flex or even rb2 but his usage is incrediby disappointing. The few times the Lions have leaned on him not only has he produced but the team has looked good. I’m not cutting him because I still think there is a chance he becomes valuable this year but I’m obviusly not starting him.

Best thing to do in a competitive league is to drop Abdullah and let some other team put him in their lineup when they face you. This should assure you victory with his consistent scoring under projection

What am I missing....this guy passes every eye test with me yet the coaching staff refuses to play him....reminds me a yrs of Bilal Powell being wasted.  What a shame....dude has serious skills and if ever got 20 carries/3rd down work I'm convinced he'd be top 10....as it is the staff is clueless and he's barely a #3 rb....maybe they wake up after that redzone disaster. 

4 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:Best thing to do in a competitive league is to drop Abdullah and let some other team put him in their lineup when they face you. This should assure you victory with his consistent scoring under projection

Definitely packaged him and Brees due to name value, just like you said. I’d rather them burn spots on others rosters.

its the time of year where you have to go evaluate the talent on the roster and realize whose ceiling is capped and who can break out.

abdullahs value is capped. Cut the cord.

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Definitely packaged him and Brees due to name value, just like you said. I’d rather them burn spots on others rosters.

its the time of year where you have to go evaluate the talent on the roster and realize whose ceiling is capped and who can break out.

abdullahs value is capped. Cut the cord.

It is capped, but he is still a better plugin rb than most that are available on waiver

4 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Best thing to do in a competitive league is to drop Abdullah and let some other team put him in their lineup when they face you. This should assure you victory with his consistent scoring under projection

If I didn't need warm bodies getting touches so badly in my deep league I would actually employ this exact strategy. I just have zero faith in him from week to week. Sad because I thought he had a decent chance of a breakout this year

On 10/26/2017 at 6:27 PM, jspeed said:

PFF came out with a stat that said AA was #4 in the NFL for yards after contact.  I read a bunch of stories in the Detroit press over the bye week that basically said the Abdullah was good (O-Line sucks) and the Lions were possibly telegraphing their plays with their personnel (spoiler alert: they are).

I have this feeling that they will try to use Abdullah more in the passing game if not more overall.

The yards after contact was pretty much the same as it was for Zenner.

9 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Hang in there folks.  I still think we are headed for more Abdullah usage and more touches in the red zone.  The pitch forks and torches are coming out in Detroit.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/10/30/caldwell-bickers-with-reporter-after-lions-loss-video/

Sounds like he is saying Washington is his power running back and will get all the goal line carries. And that he thinks AA sucks