NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Ameer Abdullah 2017 Outlook

Winky

4 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Yes, but obviously things didn't go well with his plan.

Which means he will keep doing the same thing...no red zone for AA

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Caldwell comes off as nothing short of a clueless babbling baffoon in that interview, he should be embarrassed at the way he handled himself.

In response to why Dwayne Washington, and not Abdulluh, was in on the red zone, after failing to answer and not getting off the hook, he says:

“Listen, listen, just calm down a little bit, will you? Take it easy. You OK? You alright? Did you just lose the game? Just calm down a little bit. You’re OK. You’re alright, you’re alright. Just calm down,”

So rattled, honestly hilarious. 

Edited by furbz420

On 10/30/2017 at 4:25 PM, furbz420 said:

Wow Caldwell comes off as nothing short of a clueless babbling baffoon in that interview, he should be embarrassed at the way he handled himself.

In response to why Dwayne Washington, and not Abdulluh, was in on the red zone, after failing to answer and not getting off the hook, he says:

“Listen, listen, just calm down a little bit, will you? Take it easy. You OK? You alright? Did you just lose the game? Just calm down a little bit. You’re OK. You’re alright, you’re alright. Just calm down,”

So rattled, honestly hilarious. 

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/10/30/caldwell-bickers-with-reporter-after-lions-loss-video/

Was coming here to mention this.  Washington is defended every time. 

The main topic of conversation at his post-game press conference was Detroit’s poor execution in the red zone. One of the first questions was about Dwayne Washington, who ran four times inside the Steelers’ five-yard line for a total of six yards and zero touchdowns. A reporter asked why Washington — who was active for the first time since Week 2 — is the Lions’ power running back. “Because he can run with power,” said Caldwell. The reporter than asked why that duty isn’t handed to someone else. “I think I just answered your question,” said Caldwell. At this point, the reporter rephrased his question, specifically asking why Ameer Abdullah isn’t the team’s goal-line back. “I answered your first question,” Caldwell began, before the reporter interjected and said, “Answer my second question.”That didn’t sit well with Caldwell.

Fun stat, Ameer Abdullah has 101 carries this year. NOT ONE HAS BEEN ON THIRD DOWN.  If AA is in, that means it is a pass on 3rd down.  In two games last year, AA got 1 carry on 3rd. 

Play calling in the pass game was better last week.  Run game was more of the same.  Maybe the poor outcome will lead to more changes.  We shall see... but the continued use of Washington is borderline indefensible. 

9 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Play calling in the pass game was better last week.  Run game was more of the same.  Maybe the poor outcome will lead to more changes.  We shall see... but the continued use of Washington is borderline indefensible. 

If you watched last year, it was going on then as well.

Why did Lions abandon Zach Zenner in second half?

For as innovative as the Lions offense has been this season, many are wondering if they simply turned away from the running game too soon in Monday night's 42-21 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.Lions running back Zach Zenner had 10 carries for 64 yards (long of 20) and two touchdowns in the first half. The Lions went into the break tied with the Cowboys, 21-21. In a rare display, they edged Dallas in time of possession by half a minute.

At the final whistle, Zenner had 12 carries for 67 yards and two touchdowns. Dwayne Washington got six more carries and logged 22 yards. "Things change," head coach Jim Caldwell told reporters after the game. "Things change in terms of what we're looking at. We have an offense that adjusts to what we see and sometimes it's a little bit more pass than run."

9 minutes ago, Sternes said:

If you watched last year, it was going on then as well.

Why did Lions abandon Zach Zenner in second half?

For as innovative as the Lions offense has been this season, many are wondering if they simply turned away from the running game too soon in Monday night's 42-21 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.Lions running back Zach Zenner had 10 carries for 64 yards (long of 20) and two touchdowns in the first half. The Lions went into the break tied with the Cowboys, 21-21. In a rare display, they edged Dallas in time of possession by half a minute.

At the final whistle, Zenner had 12 carries for 67 yards and two touchdowns. Dwayne Washington got six more carries and logged 22 yards. "Things change," head coach Jim Caldwell told reporters after the game. "Things change in terms of what we're looking at. We have an offense that adjusts to what we see and sometimes it's a little bit more pass than run."

Please don't remind me. 

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm starting in .5 PPR in a must-win game and probably need a monster game to pull it out. In other words. I'll see you guys next year

I've got Marvin and Ameer in standard and need to fill my Flex....need 6 points to win and just feel like whoever I pick will get me 4-5 points and a loss/tie. 

11 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Anyone starting tonight and hoping for 8 points 'ish (in standard)?

I need 12-15 points in PPR to possibly pull out the win. A starting RB in the NFL should be able to do that.....right?

One of my most disappointing players of this season.

I guess that shows to me that you can't extrapolate 1.5 games of action to a full season.  Was encouraged by his usage last year albeit very brief, and thought he was electric and would only be better.  Turns out he's pretty much what a lot of people thought he is - a two down back limited by offensive scheme.

Let's hope the squeaky wheel gets the grease tonight.

44 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I've got Marvin and Ameer in standard and need to fill my Flex....need 6 points to win and just feel like whoever I pick will get me 4-5 points and a loss/tie. 

It's not a very safe choice for you either way, but if you want my 2 cents I would go Ameer. There has been alot of discussion this week about giving him the rock on third downs after a statistic showed that he has not had a single third down carry all year. He actually spoke up about this, and Jim Bob Cooter is on the hot seat about his playcalling more than he ever has been in his short OC career. I believe gamescript will be in the Lions favor, as I don't see Hundley putting them up big against a very solid Lions secondary. The lions so desperately want to have a running game identity, and will do their best to assert it.

This is their best opportunity to do so in a long time. The Pack have allowed 100+ rushing yards in every game but 2.

Ameer should be able to cover your 6 point spread, and his touches should be more predictable than Marvin's. 16 for 70 and 5 catches for 24 yards is my prediction. 

Edited by Motown_Magic

5 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Well, Marvin got his already. I still think ameer will have himself one of his best games this season and you'll get yours too, if you went with ameer 

Edited by Motown_Magic

He is one of their most dynamic players, it's been that way since his first day on the team- (while he's been healthy). The lions just need to design more plays and formations around him and let him go to work. He's a stud in the passing game too. Just been a very bumpy ride so far