Winky

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Predictions for this week ??? 

Washington our and abdullah starting to get red zone carries 

With both Taylor Decker and TJ Lang back for the first time last week the O-Line was finally back to full strength, which had a direct effect on Abdullah -- jump in his yards per/carry, 2.9 over his previous four to 4.7 last week.

Bold Prediction: 1st 100yd rushing day for Detroit in a long time, along with a short TD (maybe breaks a long one too?!) and 2-3 receptions

With the goaline attempts and the upgrades on the oline, the arrow is pointing up for Ameer and the Lions offense as a whole. 

Given how he's played since, week 4 is definitely an outlier. Maybe he does it again, but realistically you're looking at 10-15 touches for ~50 yards, w/ a 40% shot at a TD. If there's a silver lining, it's that Abdullah's been remarkably consistent in his mediocrity.

16 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

Given how he's played since, week 4 is definitely an outlier. Maybe he does it again, but realistically you're looking at 10-15 touches for ~50 yards, w/ a 40% shot at a TD. If there's a silver lining, it's that Abdullah's been remarkably consistent in his mediocrity.

This. Guessing the majority of AA owners missed out on his best game of the season earlier against Minny due to concerns re their run defense. So many of us are going to plug him in and then watch him get stuffed repeatedly. Not sure if I want to ruin my Thanksgiving...

25 minutes ago, Kaytwo said:

Pretty much which is shocking, because if you watched him in college he was explosive and seemed more like a boom or bust prospect (the bust being his fumbling issues in college) . Never thought he would turn into such a mediocre player. 

13 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Pretty much which is shocking, because if you watched him in college he was explosive and seemed more like a boom or bust prospect (the bust being his fumbling issues in college) . Never thought he would turn into such a mediocre player. 

Their line is trash and has been for about 25 years. I still think he's doing more with his situation than most backs would. 

From a fantasy perspective this week, 50 and 0.4 TDs seems even a little optimistic against the best fantasy run defense in the league, imo. Probably a flex for plenty of teams for volume, but fortunately not for mine. 

I'm glad that you guys talked me out of starting this guy this week. This guy has so much talent but limited upside in this offense. It's still hard to dump the guy given his playoff schedule:

Week 14 @TB

Week 15 CHI

Week 16 @CIN

All teams are in the bottom half of run defense. Until then he will be on the bench against BAL in week 13.

12 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I'm glad that you guys talked me out of starting this guy this week. This guy has so much talent but limited upside in this offense. It's still hard to dump the guy given his playoff schedule:

Week 14 @TB

Week 15 CHI

Week 16 @CIN

All teams are in the bottom half of run defense. Until then he will be on the bench against BAL in week 13.

He's been on my bench basically all year, but if you get ravaged by injuries he's always been a high floor guy. Certain posters may have ridiculously said he was a Top 20 RB...he never was, but he's high-floor and now is even getting some red zone touches, so he's a decent fallback option if you need him. 

5 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He's been on my bench basically all year, but if you get ravaged by injuries he's always been a high floor guy. Certain posters may have ridiculously said he was a Top 20 RB...he never was, but he's high-floor and now is even getting some red zone touches, so he's a decent fallback option if you need him. 

This....I've had high hopes myself of AA's production based on the ability he showed in Nebraska & the opportunity he had in DET along with their going out of their way to make him the unquestionable #1 RB for the Lions.  It hasn't worked out as hoped....so be it, you move on and plug in the next guy...or go to the waiver wire and try to get a flavor of the week like Perine or whatever his name is.  

Thing is, Abdullah was and is a lottery ticket...not just from game to game but from touch to touch....Anyone who has grown up in Michigan will tell you that even the greats....Billy Sims and Barry Sanders...had to make their own yards, it wasn't yards that are blocked for you and then some.  This is why Sanders retired...the DET OL sucks.  It always has, it always will as far as I am concerned.  This isn't coaching, this is a front office and team philosophy question.  I personally do not thing the Lions really care about being able to run the ball...Sanders saw it, realized it and said no thanks to another 5-6 years of getting his a** kicked.  

If you drafted AA as an X-factor you needed to pan out to make your fantasy team a success.....you are likely  pissed, hate AA, believe he sucks beyond redemption and should be forced to scrub toilets the rest of his days.

Those who drafted him to MAYBE be their 3rd RB or AT MOST a flex guy are getting what they expected....thing is, most who drafted him for this have already cut bait and moved on to a Latavius Murray or Damien Williams/Kenyan Drake type guy.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm "Green" with envy over the Detroit Lions RB situation. As in "Neon Tion" , the Human Glacier of RB's.

So many options, such little production... what can you say (w/o cussing):angry:

Had high hopes for the AA Train that got derailed early with the Decker injury. Poor play calling, more injuries now that Decker is back. Now when schedule gives them a break Ameer neck strain is keeping him sidelined.

Luckily packaged him to get Evan Engram in week 6... Don't think he's going to be there as feature back next year so cut bait. Has a couple of good matchups left to change minds but don't see it happening.