NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

Just now, oliminator123 said:

He's not really a bust. Nobodies predicting this guy to be a world beater. It's just rotoworld forums' Christine Michael v2

lol what!?

world beater would be several steps down from what he was predicted to be. 

105 pages and counting dedicated to delusion. 

What was the last Alabama RB that was good in the NFL?

Ingram is decent all the rest are busts except for Shaun Alexander drafted 17 years ago

Derrick henry another Alabama bust can't wait for Titans to draft another running back in 2018 draft 

5 minutes ago, gus030 said:

What was the last Alabama RB that was good in the NFL?

Ingram is decent all the rest are busts except for Shaun Alexander drafted 17 years ago

Derrick henry another Alabama bust can't wait for Titans to draft another running back in 2018 draft 

I think it's just that it's so easy to be a RB at Alabama that it makes them look better than they actually are.

TRich fooled the NFL scouts but at least DHenry didn't.

Edited by Chwf3rd
10 minutes ago, gus030 said:

They're going to have to, Henry is such an incomplete back that there's no way they're going to be handing him the entire backfield to himself. 

I'd just like to thank everyone for the entertainment this thread has provided. I'm going to stay away from it now because this is the second time I've swallowed the Kool-Aid and the second time it's cost me a win. Goodbye to all and especially to Derrick Henry!

Lets get an update on those advanced metric charts after this turd of a game...

Like every running back in the league, Henry is nothing special and needs volume to make an impact

10 minutes ago, kaesr said:

I'd just like to thank everyone for the entertainment this thread has provided. I'm going to stay away from it now because this is the second time I've swallowed the Kool-Aid and the second time it's cost me a win. Goodbye to all and especially to Derrick Henry!

I'm not going to get fooled again.

Henry will sit on my bench until the day Demarco is listed as inactive.

The damage this thread has caused us cannot be reversed by leaving it now - might as well come back for the drama and laughs.

Bust? Not even close.

Henry possesses great physical talent and in the perfect system to excel, especially with that offensive line.... Except Murray is not going to hand in the reigns just yet. 

Until that happens or Murray somehow has his hammy explode, Henry can't be counted on. Henry is exactly the type of back that needs consistent touches to get going, unlike some change of pace scatback. Until we know for sure he gets 20+ he ain't worth taking the chance on, that is unless you're desperate without other decent options.

I actually feel sorry for the Henry truthers that think he is a great rb. Dude is too big and bulky to ever be a workhorse rb and will end up ultimately being a bust. Murray runs circles around him even when he's injured. Brandon Jacobs part 2. 

9 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Bust? Not even close.

Henry possesses great physical talent and in the perfect system to excel, especially with that offensive line.... Except Murray is not going to hand in the reigns just yet. 

Until that happens or Murray somehow has his hammy explode, Henry can't be counted on. Henry is exactly the type of back that needs consistent touches to get going, unlike some change of pace scatback. Until we know for sure he gets 20+ he ain't worth taking the chance on, that is unless you're desperate without other decent options.

That's because Murray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Henry

13 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Bust? Not even close.

you're just never going to let it go.

1 minute ago, Baldy8 said:

I actually feel sorry for the Henry truthers that think he is a great rb. Dude is too big and bulky to ever be a workhorse rb and will end up ultimately being a bust. Murray runs circles around him even when he's injured. Brandon Jacobs part 2. 

It's getting tedious reading these types of posts.

Henry has already shown he is a great RB. That was last year - remember then? Henry, Murray AND Mariota were league-winning-potential players. 

Mariota is not right physically. Mariota is the catalyst of this offense. Therefore/hence/equals: neither Murray nor Henry does anything.

They had 100 scoreless yards between them today in an exploitable matchup. That kind of thing did not happen last year.

Just now, throwinsamoan said:

LMAO like I'm the conductor on this hype train. I've not started this guy ONCE this year on any of my teams.

I just said he's NOT A BUST. I'm sorry he let you down and you're a sore loser. 

I don't think he is a bust either because he should have always been seen as a high end handcuff.  I was more reacting to your explanation for Henry's struggles:

25 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Henry is exactly the type of back that needs consistent touches to get going, unlike some change of pace scatback. Until we know for sure he gets 20+ he ain't worth taking the chance on, that is unless you're desperate without other decent options.

This is the same line of argument which all the Henry apologists are using.  VERY few RBs in the entire league get over 20 touches per game and if that's what Henry needs to produce then he's a severely limited player.  This isn't Alabama where every single game script calls for 25 carries.

5 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I don't think he is a bust either because he should have always been seen as a high end handcuff.  I was more reacting to your explanation for Henry's struggles:

This is the same line of argument which all the Henry apologists are using.  VERY few RBs in the entire league get over 20 touches per game and if that's what Henry needs to produce then he's a severely limited player.  This isn't Alabama where every single game script calls for 25 carries.

Conveniently leaves out:

"Until that happens or Murray somehow has his hammy explode, Henry can't be counted on."

12 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Conveniently leaves out:

"Until that happens or Murray somehow has his hammy explode, Henry can't be counted on."

I know, if Murray gets hurt then Henry will be a strong start.

Im just disagreeing as to your explanation for his struggles. That's it.

I said this before but it got buried after his long scamper last Monday and think it bears repeating:

Until Murray is out of the picture either due to injury or trade this is a backfield and a situation to avoid entirely. 

For real football purposes it makes perfect sense to use both Demarco and Henry. For fantasy purposes that sucks and it is brutal to see the talent of Henry going untapped as an owner. But I cannot in any good faith start him in any RB2 / Flex position until Demarco is not in the picture and until then he remains a potential league winning stash given the right scenario at best that should stay on your bench until then. 

I'm surprised that the Titans have struggled so much this season as an offense– and this goes well before Mariotas injury and the turd in the toilet that this weeks game against the Browns was. I think part of it is playcalling and consistency and it's been compounded by Mariotas health but this was a upside offense (along with the Texans and Bucs) I wanted a ton of shares in this season and it's frankly been a disappointment thus far. The other two have worked out perfectly and in particular the Houston situation is paying out handsomely. Hoping it figures itself out but don't see a path to Henry being relevant at all on a consistent basis until Murray is out.

Edited by kjansick
  • 96mnc locked this topic
  • 96mnc unlocked this topic