Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I already mentioned this somewhere but these points are beyond annoying. It's not Henry in particular it's everytime certain owners player doesn't get as much carries as they want so they point out how them getting carries leads to wins.

 

11 against a terrible Texans team that they had the lead and cannot throw

13 against a terrible Colts team that also cannot throw

11 against a terrible Benglas team that also cannot throw

13 against a terrible Browns team that cannot throw

19 against a terrible Colts team that cannot throw

13 against a Seahawks team that they controlled the game flow and had a huge lead

14 against a Jaguars team that they controleld the game flow and had a huge lead

 

Do you notice a trend here? The reason a team often wins when they run a lot is because their opponent is bad and/or they have the lead most of the game which allows them to run the ball. 

 

They didnt have a huge lead on jacksonville till Henry gave it to them.

 

A lot of typing on your part to try and discredit hard facts.

 

Henry gets 11 carries, tita s win.

 

Henry is the leading rusher on the Titans.

 

Henry is tied for the team lead in rushing TDs.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

What I really don't understand is this: Historically, when a team has a below average (or worse) QB, they lean on the run game if they have capable runners. I don't think anyone can doubt that Murray and Henry are a very strong RB tandem. The disconnect here is that they haven't actually been leaning on the run game. It's almost as if they're slow to realize that Mariota is not a good QB right now. He's actually been sinking the team, despite their record.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nb009 said:

What I really don't understand is this: Historically, when a team has a below average (or worse) QB, they lean on the run game if they have capable runners. I don't think anyone can doubt that Murray and Henry are a very strong RB tandem. The disconnect here is that they haven't actually been leaning on the run game. It's almost as if they're slow to realize that Mariota is not a good QB right now. He's actually been sinking the team, despite their record.

 

What makes you think they’re leaning pass?  They just rushed 28 times yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BMcP said:

 

What makes you think they’re leaning pass?  They just rushed 28 times yesterday.

 

The 33 attempts, despite being in a one possession game the whole game. Also, 25 rushing attempts between Murray and Henry. Personally, I don't think that's enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nb009 said:

 

The 33 attempts, despite being in a one possession game the whole game. Also, 25 rushing attempts between Murray and Henry. Personally, I don't think that's enough.

 

Fair enough.  But they’re still averaging around 27 rush attempts/game, which is definitely run-heavy on average.  I do think they’re also trying to develop Mariota into a franchise QB at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

They didnt have a huge lead on jacksonville till Henry gave it to them.

 

A lot of typing on your part to try and discredit hard facts.

 

Henry gets 11 carries, tita s win.

 

Henry is the leading rusher on the Titans.

 

Henry is tied for the team lead in rushing TDs.

 

The score was 23-3 and Henry had a total of 4 touches. Saying Henry gave them the lead is just a blatant lie and absolutely false.

 

See, the problem is you can't claim facts without context. That's not how anything works. It's a statistical fallacy with no context. Facts are absolutely useless when they stand alone with nothing behind them. You can't say when he gets X carries they win thus they win because of him. That's presenting a questionable anology. Yes it is true that when Henry gets X carries they win. However, you can't just assume because Henry gets X carries they win without looking into it deeper. As in, those games were against pathetic teams and/or they were up huge allowing him to run and when you play terrible teams/are up huge you tend to win.

 

Basically, you're doing something known as paltering. Sure, you're presenting facts. However, facts can be used to deceive.

Edited by Gohawks
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the season Henry has 70+ more yards on 29 less carries and the same amount of rush TDs, Murray has more receptions but sees more snaps and if when Henry is in the game the Titans become more predictable leaning towards the run just makes Henry's numbers stand out even more Murray has 36 receptions to Henry's 9 but they both have an average of 7.1 per catch which is a wash, and Henry is much younger and can handle a large workload like he did at Bama, Murray has  a lot of miles on him and we have seen the best of him

Edited by azeri98
add
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

On 7 carries, nice division on your part.

 

Did you know the Titans are undefeated in games where Henry gets 11 carries? 

 

Im shocked that more 6'4 250lbs RBs cant run wild on NFL defenses with 7 sporadic carries a game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Blount isn't even a good RB so...

 

That statistic also doesn’t account for the fact that Henry is getting the most burn very late in games (when they’re almost over?) when defenses are exhausted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

 

That statistic also doesn’t account for the fact that Henry is getting the most burn very late in games (when they’re almost over?) when defenses are exhausted.

And when they know a run is coming

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nb009 said:

 

 

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

 

That statistic also doesn’t account for the fact that Henry is getting the most burn very late in games (when they’re almost over?) when defenses are exhausted.

 

I know right, the other RBs dont face tired defenses.

 

Murray wears em down and Henry finishes them off.

 

Its a shame Henry cant learn to stand in front of a LBer like Murray does when Mariota wants to throw the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, azeri98 said:

And when they know a run is coming

 

True - and if it’s the fourth quarter, and the game is basically over, defensive players may not be giving it their all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

 

I know right, the other RBs dont face tired defenses.

 

Murray wears em down and Henry finishes them off.

 

Its a shame Henry cant learn to stand in front of a LBer like Murray does when Mariota wants to throw the ball.

 

Maybe he can!  He’s young and still learning the game.  He just isn’t very good at it at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Its a shame Henry cant learn to stand in front of a LBer like Murray does when Mariota wants to throw the ball.

1

It may be because when he moves horizontally it looks like he is moving in quicksand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mularkey is a terrible coach, he was in Buffalo,he was with Jax and now with the Titans his record is 35-52, he is holding this guy back, How does he keep getting head coaching jobs is beyond me

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Mularkey is a terrible coach, he was in Buffalo,he was with Jax and now with the Titans his record is 35-52, he is holding this guy back, How does he keep getting head coaching jobs is beyond me

 

Mularkey went 9-7 with the Bills and missed out on a playoff berth by one loss to the Steelers.

 

JAX was absolutely terrible and talent-deprived long before he arrived.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BMcP said:

 

Mularkey went 9-7 with the Bills and missed out on a playoff berth by one loss to the Steelers.

 

JAX was absolutely terrible and talent-deprived long before he arrived.

 

 

He was fired by the Bills after the 2nd year and by Jax after 1, pretty unusual, you have to ask yourself why? That doesn't happen to good coaches

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't understand what the debate is on these pages.  Does anyone really think that Murray should be getting the majority of RB touches in TEN?  I mean seriously, why should Murray be getting the the heavy workload at this point?  His play has been poor and this team is in a tailspin.  2 losses in a row and right before that TEN unconvincingly beat a putrid HOU team and barely beat the abominable Colts the game before that.  The Titans poor play and bad decision making/coaching has finally caught up to them and this team is primed to miss the playoffs.

 

I'm not saying that Henry will for sure succeed and that he's the answer to all their problems but for goodness sake, plug Henryin as the starter and give him 20+ carries and some targets in the passing game to see how he can do.  For TEN to continue to keep things as status quo is lunacy...

Edited by J.T. Marlin
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

 

 

 

Any interest in providing some context for those percentages?  Instead of just copying some fantasy expert’s tweet?  The point is, Henry isn’t being given blocking assignments NEARLY as often as Murray - and Murray is still nearly at 100%.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

He was fired by the Bills after the 2nd year and by Jax after 1, pretty unusual, you have to ask yourself why? That doesn't happen to good coaches

 

It actually happens rather frequently with bad teams in a re-build mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

 

Any interest in providing some context for those percentages?  Instead of just copying some fantasy expert’s tweet?  The point is, Henry isn’t being given blocking assignments NEARLY as often as Murray - and Murray is still nearly at 100%.

 

Dude, what is your point?  Almost every advanced stat says that Henry is performing at a higher level than Murray.  Are you saying that Mariota would be even worse if Murray wasn't playing and that his pass-blocking is so game-altering that TEN couldn't function and would lose in a worse fashion without it? 

 

Again, I'm not saying that Henry is for sure going to do that much better.  He might not....but advanced stats say that he will, so for crying-out-loud, give the talented young RB that you drafted in the 2nd round more chances to find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Dude, what is your point? 

 

While Henry is a superior rusher, Murray is a superior blocker and therefore receives more playing time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 96mnc locked this topic
  • 96mnc unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...