Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Sure but I doubt you or anyone else on this forum would win a single quarter all year

So are you defending Mularkey and suggesting that he's a good NFL coach?

 

Would the team be performing worse right now if it gave Henry more touches and opportunities??

 

Or if they didn't leave in Murray to grind out 3.3 ypc and pass block his a**-off that this team would be getting pulverized by the likes of IND, HOU and SF???

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s almost as if someone else suggested Henry was good at blocking in college, and I wanted to respond to that point....

 

After viewing that video, I stand corrected: Henry is a pass-blocking fool and his coaches are idiots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It’s almost as if someone else suggested Henry was good at blocking in college, and I wanted to respond to that point....

 

After viewing that video, I stand corrected: Henry is a pass-blocking fool and his coaches are idiots.

 

Henry blocked fine in college when asked to do so, he was not bad at it as you try and allude to.

 

Kinda like Kenyan Drake cant pass protect cause he didnt do it at bama. He is doing just fine now that he is given the opportunity.

 

Murray didnt do it in college but did in the pros.

 

Saying henry cant pass block and citing a 3 year old scouting report is ambigious at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Henry blocked fine in college when asked to do so, he was not bad at it as you try and allude to.

 

Kinda like Kenyan Drake cant pass protect cause he didnt do it at bama. He is doing just fine now that he is given the opportunity.

 

Murray didnt do it in college but did in the pros.

 

Saying henry cant pass block and citing a 3 year old scouting report is ambigious at best.

 

Ambigious or not, the fact remains that the coaches don’t trust him to protect Mariota.  And he hasn’t done enough to persuade them to change their minds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

 

In a lengthy meeting with Bills management, Mularkey stunned owner Ralph Wilson and newly appointed general manager Marv Levy by tendering his resignation after only two seasons on the job, ESPN.com confirmed.”

Thats the official statement, when it was happening the Buffalo media speculating that it was so he could go out on his terms, whether thats true or not i don't know but thats what they were saying at the time

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, azeri98 said:

Thats the official statement, when it was happening the Buffalo media speculating that it was so he could go out on his terms, whether thats true or not i don't know but thats what they were saying at the time

 

I hear you.  But this is a presumably well-sourced ESPN report, the outlet you cited as your go-to for news.  I’m inclined to believe that Mularkey actually did surprise the ownership/FO with his departure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BMcP said:

 

I hear you.  But this is a presumably well-sourced ESPN report, the outlet you cited as your go-to for news.  I’m inclined to believe that Mularkey actually did surprise the ownership/FO with his departure.

Quite possible, maybe he didn't think he could be successful with Marv looking over his shoulder and Marrone quit there too so there is a track record of coaches quitting there, espn is a good source but if i can get a local news report or beat guy they usually know more than a national reporter

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Titans are in the playoffs right now while frankly not having anything special in terms of their team.

 

The coaches are utter bums though because my golden boy, who I watch once a week on a Sunday while they see him every day, isn't getting enough touches for MY fantasy team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

The Titans are in the playoffs right now while frankly not having anything special in terms of their team.

 

The coaches are utter bums though because my golden boy, who I watch once a week on a Sunday while they see him every day, isn't getting enough touches for MY fantasy team.

 

To be fair, they have some winning to do to make it.  But yes, an 8-6 record is nothing to sneeze at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Quite possible, maybe he didn't think he could be successful with Marv looking over his shoulder and Marrone quit there too so there is a track record of coaches quitting there, espn is a good source but if i can get a local news report or beat guy they usually know more than a national reporter

 

I know that family concerns also played a role in that decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

That is my point.

 

The coaches are terrible.

 

For your sake, I hope this guy gets a legitimate chance as featured back next year.  God knows you deserve it.

 

Meanwhile, I have to disagree about the coaches.  My point the whole time has been they understand that pass pro remains an issue for him - which is why they opt for a clearly inferior pure rusher.  You think these guys don’t understand a box score?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last press conference I saw where coach Murlarkey addressed the difference in the production between the two backs he blamed it on blocking performance (I have no clue if he is correct or not).  They play in a divison where at the start of the year the QB's were Bortles, Tolzien, and Savage.  They have Marriota, Davis, Decker, Mathews, a couple good backs, and Adoree Jackson who was supposed to (and has) make some plays on ST and D.  Not long ago it looked like they were going to win the AFC south which they probably should have but at this point it looks unlikely that they'll make it in at all.  Titans get Rams and more importantly the Jags while Buf gets Miami and the Ravens have a couple 'easy' ones, Colts and Bengals.  Playing so poorly I don't see how anyone can think they'll beat the Jags.  I'm not sure who is to blame for their woes but its a team I'll definitely be following in the offseason to see what comes about and if Murray goes I'll be looking for Henry next year (on DHC's word).  Under-performers this year imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

 

For your sake, I hope this guy gets a legitimate chance as featured back next year.  God knows you deserve it.

 

Meanwhile, I have to disagree about the coaches.  My point the whole time has been they understand that pass pro remains an issue for him - which is why they opt for a clearly inferior pure rusher.  You think these guys don’t understand a box score?!

 

I have serious doubts. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Titans might make the playoffs this year but they are a 1 and done team. They will be like the Bengals under Lewis. Consumate underachievers who squander excellent talent. With the talent on the roster the Titans should be a much more formidable team. 

 

I think Henry deserves the shot to help the team, his rushing would make up for a few pass pro growing pains. 

 

Titans should be as good as the Steelers this year with proper coaching, no doubt in my mind about that.

 

Im apalled more people can not see that the Titans have a winning record despite Mularkey not because of him.

 

Even Rishard Matthews came out and said to let Mariota call plays at the line of scrimmage. Even the players are tired of the play calls from these coaches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

I think Henry deserves the shot to help the team, his rushing would make up for a few pass pro growing pains. 

 

Usually when someone earns a featured back role, it isn't during an offseason. There should be a trend during playoffs/regular season showing usage going up and the player settling himself into that featured role. It doesnt seems the FO/Coaching staff agrees with you

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, egolam said:

 

 

Usually when someone earns a featured back role, it isn't during an offseason. There should be a trend during playoffs/regular season showing usage going up and the player settling himself into that featured role. It doesnt seems the FO/Coaching staff agrees with you

 

Thats fine, they did the same thing last year and missed the playoffs and that was with demarco rushung for 1,300 yds.

 

Rinse and repeat this year

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Based on what? RBs dont pass protect 45 times a game so they arent limiting Henry to 7 carries due to pass protection, that is an absurd excuse to mask the truth, that mularkey will run murray over henry to the detriment of the team.

 

 

 

So you ask other people for sources to support their viewpoint, but don't list any of your own to support your point.  Got it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kdko said:

 

So you ask other people for sources to support their viewpoint, but don't list any of your own to support your point.  Got it.  

You didn't see his video of Henry doing a blocking drill vs other RB's.  That was his source.:huh:

Edited by youngrice
Link to post
Share on other sites

People in this thread don't realize coaches can be biased and sit the better player? As an Ohio State fan, I saw it happen all year at the qb position. Titans coaches clearly are biased towards Murray at the teams (and their own) expense. They don't even acknowledge Henry is the better rusher LOL. Henry is a back who would be most effective with 25 touches wearing the defense down. Murray is glue factory

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 96mnc locked this topic
  • 96mnc unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...