NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Gurley was given an opportunity that Henry has not been given yet, so I'm not gonna say he did far more his rookie year than Henry ever has, but he's a far better pass catcher and also a considerably more impressive runner when you watch him than Henry. Henry is fairly stiff. And it's understandable given his size, but I don't think coaching/opportunity brings him from where he is to Gurley. It might bring him from where he is to like 1,100 and 8-10. And don't get me wrong, those are very solid stats, but they're not elite stats.

That is your opinion

Henry cant catch as good as Gurley? 66yd screen pass weaving through blockers was a fluke? Or is he just not asked to do it?

You were right not to try and compare Gurleys rookie season to Henrys. Just like i wont compare Gurleys college career to Henrys.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That is your opinion

Henry cant catch as good as Gurley? 66yd screen pass weaving through blockers was a fluke? Or is he just not asked to do it?

You were right not to try and compare Gurleys rookie season to Henrys. Just like i wont compare Gurleys college career to Henrys.

I know you're very high on Henry, but do you honestly think he has the talent Gurley does and will produce a season anywhere near what Gurley did this year? We're all just discussing opinions here so if you do you're certainly entitled to it, but from what I've seen I'd put those odds at VERY slim.

College is very different than the NFL. Those huge bruising type backs work much better at the college level. We've seen seasons like the one Henry had from guys like Andre Williams and Ron Dayne. How'd they fare at the NFL level?

17 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I know you're very high on Henry, but do you honestly think he has the talent Gurley does and will produce a season anywhere near what Gurley did this year? We're all just discussing opinions here so if you do you're certainly entitled to it, but from what I've seen I'd put those odds at VERY slim.

College is very different than the NFL. Those huge bruising type backs work much better at the college level. We've seen seasons like the one Henry had from guys like Andre Williams and Ron Dayne. How'd they fare at the NFL level?

How did eddie george do?

To answer your 1st question: absolutely.

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

How did eddie george do?

To answer your 1st question: absolutely.

Eddie George caught 63 passes his last two years in college (Henry caught 17 in three years) and averaged 3.6 YPC in the NFL. You assume he'll acquire that skillset, and no one's saying it's impossible, but there hasn't been any indication that will be a real weapon of his. That significantly limits his upside, particularly in a PPR league.

16 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Eddie George caught 63 passes his last two years in college (Henry caught 17 in three years) and averaged 3.6 YPC in the NFL. You assume he'll acquire that skillset, and no one's saying it's impossible, but there hasn't been any indication that will be a real weapon of his. That significantly limits his upside, particularly in a PPR league.

Thats fair.

Did eddie george have guys like kenyan drake and tj yeldon and alvin kamara and mark ingram who stepped in on pass catching plays?

Henry has averaged more than 10 yards per reception in 2 years in the NFL but you wont hear that during the Henry bashing in here.

Its not impossible for Henry to bust. If Henry runs Titans past KC mularkey might get an extension which would be a disaster to Henrys long term prospects.

People attribute many things to me which are untrue but it matters not to me. I said months before this season that Henry is a better RB than Murray and that was proven true. Only the most ardent Henry haters duspute that.

Its fine if people dont believe in Henry that is certainly their right. It is also my right to dispute their multiple inaccuracies.

I think Murray will be gone sooner rather than later and the job will be Henry's. I don't think Henry is going to lead the league but i can easily see him finishing top 10 the next couple years as he enters his prime.

1 hour ago, Bravesfan155 said:

I think Murray will be gone sooner rather than later and the job will be Henry's. I don't think Henry is going to lead the league but i can easily see him finishing top 10 the next couple years as he enters his prime.

Blasphemy, how can he do that averaging barely over 2 ypc like last sunday against the 21st ranked defense since acquiring marcel dareus?

He cant run between the tackles all he wants to do is bounce it to the outside. He is lagarette blount in a titans uniform and it is unconscionable to think otherwise.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Blasphemy, how can he do that averaging barely over 2 ypc like last sunday against the 21st ranked defense since acquiring marcel dareus?

He cant run between the tackles all he wants to do is bounce it to the outside. He is lagarette blount in a titans uniform and it is unconscionable to think otherwise.

You've been enlightened 

13 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

lol, indulge me. 11 carries = how many yards? td? Are there any receptions to go along with 11 carries?

I guess what I'm asking is, what is his minimum performance to avoid getting blamed as the problem for losing? 70 yrads?

LOL, you know better than this!  If he balls out, it’s all about how awesome Henry is - and if he sucks, it’s all because of his iditiotic coach and incompetent teammates.  Have you even been paying attention?

Edited by BMcP
10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You've been enlightened 

Apart from the fact that he didn’t average over 2 ypc?  Yes, I’d agree.

17 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That is your opinion

Your right nobody was around him.  It was a great play called by the offensive coordinator.  Most Rb's in the NFL could of made the same 66 yd run in that situation.  Just like most rb's in the NFL would average over 1.8 yds when given 28 carries.

36 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Your right nobody was around him.  It was a great play called by the offensive coordinator.  Most Rb's in the NFL could of made the same 66 yd run in that situation.  Just like most rb's in the NFL would average over 1.8 yds when given 28 carries.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Titans coach Mike Mularkey's "job is not safe," and the team is "preparing for a run" at Patriots OC Josh McDaniels.

The Titans barely squeaked into the playoffs, and the team took a step back in all facets from last year despite making the postseason for the first time since 2008. Mularkey and OC Terry Robiskie's dinosaur offense plays extremely slow and got by in 2016 by being the best red-zone team. They took a big step back in that area this year, and Marcus Mariota had one of his worst seasons yet. GM Jon Robinson worked in New England from 2002-2013 and knows McDaniels well.

16 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You're overthinking it bro.

41 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

"Looks like I'm not the only one displeased with Mularkey."

Right, but scrapping the sea anchor when you're about to head into rougher seas only works despite having done so, not because of it. 

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Titans coach Mike Mularkey's "job is not safe," and the team is "preparing for a run" at Patriots OC Josh McDaniels.

The Titans barely squeaked into the playoffs, and the team took a step back in all facets from last year despite making the postseason for the first time since 2008. Mularkey and OC Terry Robiskie's dinosaur offense plays extremely slow and got by in 2016 by being the best red-zone team. They took a big step back in that area this year, and Marcus Mariota had one of his worst seasons yet. GM Jon Robinson worked in New England from 2002-2013 and knows McDaniels well.

Well you can't have it both ways.  If like you say they win this week then I highly doubt a coaching change happens.  What do you want more a win this week or a coaching change?

3 hours ago, youngrice said:

Well you can't have it both ways.  If like you say they win this week then I highly doubt a coaching change happens.  What do you want more a win this week or a coaching change?

One crap postseason win against the greatest playoff choke artist coach in history isn't gonna keep the Titans from flushing the Mularkey turd.

• 96mnc locked this topic