NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

I will probably target him next season if he doesn't get overhyped into the 1st and 2nd rounds. Good chance the Titans fire Mularkey and cut Murray. Depending on the HC they bring in it could improve things for the entire offense.

The coach should be fired. He's afraid of running his best RB on the road in a playoff game. If you can't run your RB at least 20X in Foxborough you should be auto-fired.

If Mularkey is back next year it greatly diminishes Henry's value. He is an idiot.

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

The coach should be fired. He's afraid of running his best RB on the road in a playoff game. If you can't run your RB at least 20X in Foxborough you should be auto-fired.

If Mularkey is back next year it greatly diminishes Henry's value. He is an idiot.

Oh for the love of god.

His "stud generational talent RB" had 11 carries and barely clipped 2 YPC in the first half. Partially due to the fact that his RB couldn't get a first down to save his life the Patriots were up 21-7 at half time. The game was over with Henry on pace to run 20+ times.

If they gave him 10 more carries in the second half they'd still lose by 21. They were clearly trying to establish the run game and it failed. It didn't matter what they did in the second half but sticking to the same script when it's not working isn't the answer either.

1 minute ago, youngrice said:

Lets hear the excuses Cleats.  In 2 of 3 starts he averaged under 3 yds per carry.  Generational talent doesn't under perform like that.

ITS. THE. COACH. 

He needs to teach his linemen to block better. He needs to call better running plays. He needs to call 40 running plays a game. Mariota needs to block also. WRs need to block better. 

50 minutes ago, devaster said:

I will probably target him next season if he doesn't get overhyped into the 1st and 2nd rounds. Good chance the Titans fire Mularkey and cut Murray. Depending on the HC they bring in it could improve things for the entire offense.

if he doesnt get more involved in the passing game for ppr i cant take him too high, it's like owning collins or crowell or marshawn. He will be extremely game script and td dependent if that offense doesnt modify and get a bit more uptempo

45 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

That offense is SLOW and the passing game is unrefined.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Lets hear the excuses Cleats.  In 2 of 3 starts he averaged under 3 yds per carry.  Generational talent doesn't under perform like that.

Gurley did last season. Gurley was just as bad, if not worse, than TRich. I'm not saying he is a generational talent, but that offense is simply bad. And it is on the HC.

19 minutes ago, devaster said:

Gurley did last season. Gurley was just as bad, if not worse, than TRich. I'm not saying he is a generational talent, but that offense is simply bad. And it is on the HC.

I don't know enough about henry to determine his talent level but i have seen enough of that offense to know it doesnt provide the skills players enough opportunities to be elite producers for fantasy outside of walker. He seems to be the only player on the offense that is game script independent. As long as he can beat the double team

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Thats true and I honestly think Henry is a good player and has 2 to 3 top 10-15 season.  But all week Cleats has been spouting about all Ten has to do is run Henry and Henry was unstoppable.  Well guess what Henry got 11 first half carries, failed miserably on 4th down and his team was down 21-7.  I didn't watch the whole game but saw about 8 of Henry's carries.  I don't remember seeing him make one guy miss.

15 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Thats true and I honestly think Henry is a good player and has 2 to 3 top 10-15 season.  But all week Cleats has been spouting about all Ten has to do is run Henry and Henry was unstoppable.  Well guess what Henry got 11 first half carries, failed miserably on 4th down and his team was down 21-7.  I didn't watch the whole game but saw about 8 of Henry's carries.  I don't remember seeing him make one guy miss.

Surely then Henry took over in the passing game in the 2nd half.  After all the NE weakness is in their LB's coverage.  

This is what you will get if Murray is gone. A few big games and also a lot of these.

I've said it before but when at full speed Henry is lethal. He really does have a chance to take it to the house because a back of his size at 20+ MPH is damn hard to tackle.

The problem is NFL is almost never played at full speed. When it comes to balance, acceleration, and quickness Henry is not only below average he is bad. This is why you see games like 13/13 28/51. He goes down ridiculously easy when not up to speed. Again, the problem for him is the game is almost never at high speed. 

I don't think he is a bad back and I do believe he can be an RB1. M. Gordon isn't insanely talented and he produces every year. Titans want to run the ball so the opportunity will be there. Just watching him play has never impressed me. DJ had some insane runs when he blew up, we see Zeke jumping people, Lynch, of course, was a highlight machine, AP would maul people over, Bell shows incredible quickness and patience, and etc. Henry has a solid stiff arm once in a while and all his big plays are fairly easy runs.

Has anyone called the local police to stop by and do a wellness check on Cleats ???

Monday was all Roll Tide, all week was high tide and Henry is going to roll all over the Patriots. Saturday night was low tide & we haven't heard nor seen DHC since. I fear we may have lost him.

But even Axe Elf disappeared for awhile only to return albeit a little more subdued. We are not the same w/o the Elf's and Cleats around so we pray for his safe return ... and then we're gonna give it to him some more ;-)

9 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Henry got 11 carries and the Titans got blown out. Hopefully Henry's Cleats leaves for the next year now. 

Why would i do that? Records are made to be broken.

What are you trying to get at here? The titans were outclassed last night, especially by the coaches. 

8 hours ago, youngrice said:

Lol, im sure you watched the game with the same mindset.

The titans got outmaneuvered last night starting with the Coaches. Henry was getting 3 and 4 yards per carry early in the gane, no screens to Henry, nothing to soften the defense. 

If you put this on D. Henry i just think you hate me or this thread and dont watch much football. Derrick was pushing the pile for positive yards and forcing the defense to creep up, playaction was working, safeties were cheating on the run and eventually led to a corey davis TD. Henry got facemasked on a 4th down play that the patriots defended perfectly.

Let the hatefest for me continue...

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

ITS. THE. COACH. 

He needs to teach his linemen to block better. He needs to call better running plays. He needs to call 40 running plays a game. Mariota needs to block also. WRs need to block better. 

Nobody is happier than you to see the Patriots do what they do and squash opponents.

Mularkey no meaningful screens to Henry last night.

Ran a 4th and 1 into the teeth of NE defense when couch jockeys like me at home new that was a prime spot for a playaction.

Obviously this loss is all on Henry...

• 96mnc locked this topic