NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nobody is happier than you to see the Patriots do what they do and squash opponents.

Mularkey no meaningful screens to Henry last night.

Ran a 4th and 1 into the teeth of NE defense when couch jockeys like me at home new that was a prime spot for a playaction.

Obviously this loss is all on Henry...

Your analysis of the 4th n 1 is awesome. Henry gets destroyed and they called the wrong play. SMH. Imagine that...

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

7 hours ago, dashoe said:

I don't know enough about henry to determine his talent level but i have seen enough of that offense to know it doesnt provide the skills players enough opportunities to be elite producers for fantasy outside of walker. He seems to be the only player on the offense that is game script independent. As long as he can beat the double team

Mularkey, former nfl TE, runs a slow offense that goes through the TE.

?

6 hours ago, youngrice said:

Thats true and I honestly think Henry is a good player and has 2 to 3 top 10-15 season.  But all week Cleats has been spouting about all Ten has to do is run Henry and Henry was unstoppable.  Well guess what Henry got 11 first half carries, failed miserably on 4th down and his team was down 21-7.  I didn't watch the whole game but saw about 8 of Henry's carries.  I don't remember seeing him make one guy miss.

Where did i say Henry was unstoppable? I dont remember saying that, could just be your hate for me causing you to add in things i havent said, im not sure.

I did say the focal point of this game would be Henry, stop him and the patriots win, let him run wild and the titan will win. 

Proved prophetic.

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

"The above post sums it up perfectly. Assuming Murray is gone next year, where does Henry get drafted? 25-30?"

Some of that is dependent on an extension for Mularkey. Or, some head-lopping action, one or the other. They said, oh, yeah, he's our guy but didn't extend him. I think he's done. They didn't look like a team that belonged out there. All those false starts even though the crowd wasn't all that rabid. That 4th down play, Henry said he'd learned & he'd stop doing that... Probably wrong but that looked like wing & prayer stuff to me. He doesn't have a read dictating that he bounce it wide, he's just guessing. Tony Romo had it right, they were seemingly confused & blew their remaining timeout to run that play with 25 seconds on the clock? They had to pass there, what they did made no sense. Given their prior success, New England was all over their runs to the left. What's more, they sold out on that particular play, something downfield was definitely there off play-action.

I thought those penalties, the one against Decker & the one in punt formation were garbage!  

Defensively, the Titans couldn't shut off New England's runs to the left, S Jonathan Cyprien was someone they wanted to exploit. It did seem that LeBeau tried to hide him by moving him around. When you have a safety who can't man up in coverage, perhaps better to let him do what he does best. If he can support in man coverage or roam & time up his hits, come downhill and tackle v run, whatever it is he can give you. The other thing they did, what they always do is attack the short middle. They mix up formation and personnel, last night it was Dion Lewis sifting thru the traffic, turning and giving Brady an uncontested target.        

Just now, markrc99 said:

Some of that is dependent on an extension for Mularkey. Or, some head-lopping action, one or the other. They said, oh, yeah, he's our guy but didn't extend him. I think he's done. They didn't look like a team that belonged out there. All those false starts even though the crowd wasn't all that rabid. That 4th down play, Henry said he'd learned & he'd stop doing that... Probably wrong but that looked like wing & prayer stuff to me. He doesn't have a read dictating that he bounce it wide, he's just guessing. Tony Romo had it right, they were seemingly confused & blew their remaining timeout to run that play with 25 seconds on the clock? They had to pass there, what they did made no sense. Given their prior success, New England was all over their runs to the left. What's more, they sold out on that particular play, something downfield was definitely there off play-action.

I thought those penalties, the one against Decker & the one in punt formation were garbage!  

Defensively, the Titans couldn't shut off New England's runs to the left, S Jonathan Cyprien was someone they wanted to exploit. It did seem that LeBeau tried to hide him by moving him around. When you have a safety who can't man up in coverage, perhaps better to let him do what he does best. If he can support in man coverage or roam & time up his hits, come downhill and tackle v run, whatever it is he can give you. The other thing they did, what they always do is attack the short middle. They mix up formation and personnel, last night it was Dion Lewis sifting thru the traffic, turning and giving Brady an uncontested target.        

Titans ran behind the left side and patriots knew it was cominh and loaded that side. Yeah, Henry tried to bounce it after the entire line got collapsed and got facemasked and no call but again whoevee puts that on Henry is obtuse, he went the way the play was called to go. Patricia nailed thay call perfectly.

Will Mike Mularkey still be the Titans’ head coach “moving forward”?

Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2018, 9:35 AM EST

Last Sunday, Titans owner Amy Adams Strunk issued a statement aimed at clarifying the status of coach Mike Mularkey. At first blush, it did. On closer inspection, it didn’t.

Just to eliminate any distractions moving forward, Mike Mularkey is our head coach and will be our head coach moving forward,” Strunk said in a prepared document that she and the organization had as much time as they needed or wanted to craft.

The proximity of “moving forward” in reference to “distractions” (which implies a short-term focus) to another use of “moving forward” (which in isolation implies nothing) suggests a premeditated effort to reserve the right to make “moving forward” as temporary as a movie rental. And it has done little to knock down speculation regarding the possibility of the first coaching change for a team that made it to the round of eight since the Chargers fired Marty Schottenheimer after his team went 14-2 in 2006.

As to the issue of distractions, it’s not clear who was actually experiencing them, other than Mularkey and his staff. Tight end Delanie Walker said during a visit to PFT Live this week that the status of Mularkey simply wasn’t an issue in the locker room.

It definitely wasn’t an issue in the locker room after Saturday’s 21-point loss to the Patriots, with none of the team-distributed quotes from Mularkey or any players even mentioning the coach’s status.

Ownership hasn’t revisited the issue, either. If the Titans are keeping him, they can stand on the statement issued last week, vague as it may be. If they’re not, don’t be surprised if they use the cover of Sunday’s playoff games to issue a fresh statement indicating that the clock has moved past “forward” — especially with talk of Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels joining the Colts 

The bigger question is whether the Titans would move on from Mularkey only if they know they can get McDaniels, or whether the Titans are willing to make the change and launch a traditional search.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Titans ran behind the left side and patriots knew it was cominh and loaded that side. Yeah, Henry tried to bounce it after the entire line got collapsed and got facemasked and no call but again whoevee puts that on Henry is obtuse, he went the way the play was called to go. Patricia nailed thay call perfectly.

Yup, it was the refs fault, too. They must not like you either. 

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

"Titans ran behind the left side and patriots knew it was cominh and loaded that side. Yeah, Henry tried to bounce it after the entire line got collapsed and got facemasked and no call but again whoevee puts that on Henry is obtuse, he went the way the play was called to go. Patricia nailed thay call perfectly."

I largely agree, the only thing I put on Henry, is trying to take something wide that isn't there. And you're right, given how closely they were calling that game, there was a face-mask penalty!

1 hour ago, howlin' 2 said:

Has anyone called the local police to stop by and do a wellness check on Cleats ???

Monday was all Roll Tide, all week was high tide and Henry is going to roll all over the Patriots. Saturday night was low tide & we haven't heard nor seen DHC since. I fear we may have lost him.

But even Axe Elf disappeared for awhile only to return albeit a little more subdued. We are not the same w/o the Elf's and Cleats around so we pray for his safe return ... and then we're gonna give it to him some more ;-)

Wait, Axe Elf posts here too? Holy crap, I haven’t heard from that dude since the old FantasySportsWire days in the early 2000’s.

Also Henry didn’t stand a chance. I think everybody except DHC knew ahead of time Belichick was going to gameplan him out of the picture early.

23 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

"... Henry gets destroyed and they called the wrong play. SMH. Imagine that..."

Romo gave viewers the what-to-do in that situation, before the snap. So, he knew better than the coaches themselves. You could see defenders tightening up on that side pre-snap. It was definitely the wrong play! Going forward, the coach can't lure other assistants & top FAs w/o job security....    

5 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Romo gave viewers the what-to-do in that situation, before the snap. So, he knew better than the coaches themselves. You could see defenders tightening up on that side pre-snap. It was definitely the wrong play! Going forward, the coach can't lure other assistants & top FAs w/o job security....    

And if it worked, its the perfect play. Hindsight is a beautiful thing. 

10 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Oy, I made a point of underlining the word "before" & it still didn't register.

So easy to say the day after the game. The play works and youd be sitting here typing how they made the right call. 

36 minutes ago, Lansdowne said:

Wait, Axe Elf posts here too? Holy crap, I haven’t heard from that dude since the old FantasySportsWire days in the early 2000’s.

Also Henry didn’t stand a chance. I think everybody except DHC knew ahead of time Belichick was going to gameplan him out of the picture early.

Well, i said Henry would be the biggest factor in the game one way or the other and thats what happened. Patricia called a great game and took Henry out of a vanilla offense and the Titans had no response.

Bill Bellichicks claim to fame is taking away the opposing teams best player and thats exactly what they did.

Patriots defensive line dominated that game. They were well rested and well prepared for Tennessee. You can bring up whatever stats you want about how New Englands run defense or defense as a whole ranked this season but they thoroughly dominated that game and just about any RB would have struggled to get anything going, especially once it became a 2-3 score game. 

As an aside I think it's absurd that Cleats has to answer to 50 different posters individually if Henry doesn't have a great game. You realize that Cleats has been highlighting Henry's talent and potential throughout this thread while bemoaning the coaching staff's inability to unlock/maximize it? Nothing happened last night to invalidate the arguments he's been making all season. 

25 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

"So easy to say the day after the game. The play works and you'd be sitting here typing how they made the right call." 

Here's the play we're discussing. On the pre-snap, you can see that the Patriots are loaded up to stop the weak-side run. The Titans bring a TE across the formation, but with him comes another defender. Romo's point was that given the situation, they had to pass there. Again, that was something he said before the play was even run! The QB has to dial out or just take the delay, that's hindsight, but that's not uncommon to see on the pre-snap. If you want me to bring it back I can. It appears to me that running to the right offered Henry the better alternative.   

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2018/01/13/tony-romo-was-not-impressed-with-a-doomed-titans-4th-down-play-call

Edited by markrc99
8 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

As an aside I think it's absurd that Cleats has to answer to 50 different posters individually if Henry doesn't have a great game. You realize that Cleats has been highlighting Henry's talent and potential throughout this thread while bemoaning the coaching staff's inability to unlock/maximize it? Nothing happened last night to invalidate the arguments he's been making all season. 

but he can respond to 50 different ppl when henry has a good game ?  its his choice to respond or not, not like he has to like you said 

Edited by Flyers_28
19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, i said Henry would be the biggest factor in the game one way or the other and thats what happened. Patricia called a great game and took Henry out of a vanilla offense and the Titans had no response.

Bill Bellichicks claim to fame is taking away the opposing teams best player and thats exactly what they did.

Henry is not the Titans best player... the emphasis in this game was stopping Mariota & Walker. 

7 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

but he can respond to 50 different ppl when henry has a good game ?  its his choice to respond or not not like he has to like you said 

Well yeah because those people have gone out of their way to belittle him (and Derrick Henry) because they are only willing to discuss him through the lens of what he was able to accomplish during a 16 game fantasy season.

so when Henry got actual opportunity and put up RB1 numbers and flashed that monster upside, I think he was validated. 

Edited by mjb03003
Just now, mjb03003 said:

Well yeah because those people have gone out of their way to belittle him (and Derrick Henry) because they are only willing to discuss him through the lens of what he was able to accomplish during a 16 game fantasy season.

i would say ppl were just being realistic not belittling anyone 

soft world we live in these days 

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

But when it happens to DeMarco it's all on DeMarco , that's my quibble with Cleats and the "Henry is so vastly superior" crowd. 

Titans run an old smash mouth ,tell you what we're gonna do and see if you can stop us offense for two years. When the other team can matchup or sells out then neither of the two stand a chance to average 4yds a carry. Only way is to bust a big play or two. Otherwise you get what Henry has gotten two out of the last three weeks. Let Henry take that abuse  for two years straight and see if he  isn't slowed down or dinged up every week like Murray.

Cleats, you sold him as some Superman that couldn't be stopped if they just gave him the ball consistently. Two out of three weeks that hasn't been the case. Own up to it. Time will tell if he can take the abuse for the first three quarters and still dominate in the fourth qtr. It's worked best when he came in fresh and the defense was worn down late.

In is brief turns starter it's been mixed results so far. Boom or bust ...Not sure that adds up to Top Ten RB much less Top Five

• 96mnc locked this topic