NBC Sports Edge Forums

48 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Henry is not the Titans best player... the emphasis in this game was stopping Mariota & Walker. 

Lol, now that is funny.  Nobody was afraid of Marcus Mariota beating them in the air this year.  He was awful this year and the Titans were the most overachieved team.  Everyone in the NFL knows the only chance you have to beat the Patriots is controlling the clock, establishing the run, and hope Brady has an off game.  Do you think Bill doesn't know this either?  Gameplan was easy.

1. Stop Henry

2. Let Mariota try and beat us through the air.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

Lol, now that is funny.  Nobody was afraid of Marcus Mariota beating them in the air this year.  He was awful this year and the Titans were the most overachieved team.  Everyone in the NFL knows the only chance you have to beat the Patriots is controlling the clock, establishing the run, and hope Brady has an off game.  Do you think Bill doesn't know this either?  Gameplan was easy.

1. Stop Henry

2. Let Mariota try and beat us through the air.

Yup. Their best play was the backup running back all season. 

6 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Yup. Their best play was the backup running back all season. 

When did I say he was there best player?  Reading comprehension is not your strong attribute I see.  Clearly you don't understand fundamentals of football.  He doesn't have to be the best player on a team.  He was the ONLY chance of the Titans beating the Patriots.

We should all just be relieved that Cleats made it through the night ok.  Some things are bigger than fantasy.  It’ll be alright, DHC.

52 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

But when it happens to DeMarco it's all on DeMarco , that's my quibble with Cleats and the "Henry is so vastly superior" crowd. 

Titans run an old smash mouth ,tell you what we're gonna do and see if you can stop us offense for two years. When the other team can matchup or sells out then neither of the two stand a chance to average 4yds a carry. Only way is to bust a big play or two. Otherwise you get what Henry has gotten two out of the last three weeks. Let Henry take that abuse  for two years straight and see if he  isn't slowed down or dinged up every week like Murray.

Cleats, you sold him as some Superman that couldn't be stopped if they just gave him the ball consistently. Two out of three weeks that hasn't been the case. Own up to it. Time will tell if he can take the abuse for the first three quarters and still dominate in the fourth qtr. It's worked best when he came in fresh and the defense was worn down late.

In is brief turns starter it's been mixed results so far. Boom or bust ...Not sure that adds up to Top Ten RB much less Top Five

What was the other game in the 2 of 3 he was bottled up?

He had 117 yards and a TD in the week 17 game and proved he has nice open field moves and ability to move the D back on some screens

Henry was fine in pass pro last night. Still averaged his career number of 10 yards per reception in thay game, 3 for 27 right at 10 yards per, titans throw 3 meaningless passes to Henry.

Im sure Mularkey sees differently in practice about Henrys receiving skills that rebuke his 2 year average of 10 yards per reception. 

Like any good back if you pigeon hole him and make him predictable he becomes easier to stop. Dion lewis and James White murdered titans last night on screens and the titans throw 3 meaningless screens on outrageous down and distances. Not even a wr screen or anything.

For those who watched the game like i did were you not able to tell pre-snap every time Tennessee was gonna run the ball?

Im a proponent of Henrys talent but he can only overcome so many obstacles. 

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He had 117 yards and a TD in the week 17 game and proved he has nice open field moves and ability to move the D back on some screens

Henry was fine in pass pro last night. Still averaged his career number of 10 yards per reception in thay game, 3 for 27 right at 10 yards per, titans throw 3 meaningless passes to Henry.

Im sure Mularkey sees differently in practice about Henrys receiving skills that rebuke his 2 year average of 10 yards per reception. 

Like any good back if you pigeon hole him and make him predictable he becomes easier to stop. Dion lewis and James White murdered titans last night on screens and the titans throw 3 meaningless screens on outrageous down and distances. Not even a wr screen or anything.

For those who watched the game like i did were you not able to tell pre-snap every time Tennessee was gonna run the ball?

3 for 21

if you are always inflating his stats i get why you are over hyping him now 

2 hours ago, Lansdowne said:

Wait, Axe Elf posts here too? Holy crap, I haven’t heard from that dude since the old FantasySportsWire days in the early 2000’s.

Also Henry didn’t stand a chance. I think everybody except DHC knew ahead of time Belichick was going to gameplan him out of the picture early.

Hoodie took out Delanie and the running gmae and  said Mariotta and the rest of the passing game will have to beat him

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Does that somehow change his small sample size of 10 yards per reception over 2 years?

what does 2 years have to do with anything i said ?

you posted some stats from last night and i corrected them for you 

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Henry is not the Titans best player... the emphasis in this game was stopping Mariota & Walker. 

lolwut?

The emphasis was on stopping the run and daring Mariota to beat them passing. Mariota failed miserably and the Titans couldn't run the ball. It was a success for the Patriots.

13 minutes ago, devaster said:

lolwut?

The emphasis was on stopping the run and daring Mariota to beat them passing. Mariota failed miserably and the Titans couldn't run the ball. It was a success for the Patriots.

Nope you are wrong as usual. 

Mariota althleticism and speed was a main focal point for the Patriots in beating the Titans. 

Just now, shakestreet said:

Nope you are wrong as usual. 

Mariota althleticism and speed was a main focal point for the Patriots in beating the Titans. 

Not wrong at all. Usual? Calm down bud. They shut down the entire Titans running game, including Mariota. They put the onus on Mariota to beat them passing. He didn't. That is how most teams have been playing the Titans this season. Mariota has regressed as a passer every season. Could be Mularkey, could be Mariota, could be both.

Titans running game will be fine with a healthy OL and a new HC.

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nobody is happier than you to see the Patriots do what they do and squash opponents.

Mularkey no meaningful screens to Henry last night.

Ran a 4th and 1 into the teeth of NE defense when couch jockeys like me at home new that was a prime spot for a playaction.

Obviously this loss is all on Henry...

Henry goes 13 for 13 and you continue to say 11 carries equals a win. Using your logic, if Henry getting 11+ carries was the reason they won then he is the reason they lost. Just shows how terrible your logic is.

Also, I wanted the Titans to win.

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Henry goes 13 for 13 and you continue to say 11 carries equals a win. Using your logic, if Henry getting 11+ carries was the reason they won then he is the reason they lost. Just shows how terrible your logic is.

Also, I wanted the Titans to win.

I just pointed out what was stated in many articles not authored by DerrickHenrysCleats.

It was interesting to reference but in no way indicated the Titans would never lose if he got 11 carries just showed an interesting trend. Only someone obsessed with Henrys failure would insinuate otherwise.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
3 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

But when it happens to DeMarco it's all on DeMarco , that's my quibble with Cleats and the "Henry is so vastly superior" crowd. 

Titans run an old smash mouth ,tell you what we're gonna do and see if you can stop us offense for two years. When the other team can matchup or sells out then neither of the two stand a chance to average 4yds a carry. Only way is to bust a big play or two. Otherwise you get what Henry has gotten two out of the last three weeks. Let Henry take that abuse  for two years straight and see if he  isn't slowed down or dinged up every week like Murray.

Cleats, you sold him as some Superman that couldn't be stopped if they just gave him the ball consistently. Two out of three weeks that hasn't been the case. Own up to it. Time will tell if he can take the abuse for the first three quarters and still dominate in the fourth qtr. It's worked best when he came in fresh and the defense was worn down late.

In is brief turns starter it's been mixed results so far. Boom or bust ...Not sure that adds up to Top Ten RB much less Top Five

Has this been quoted yet? Needs to be at the top of every page.

50 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Has this been quoted yet? Needs to be at the top of every page.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Mariota injured his quad during the game.  It explains why he took so many sacks.

Their offense basically falls apart once when Mariota loses his mobility to help move the chains.

He killed the chiefs with his running, apparently he got hurt in the 1st quarter.  Maybe explains why they looked so bad after the 1st quarter.

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

He looked slow and bad out there, like he does every other game.

He is slow. He only has top end speed. It's like driving a car that has a top speed of 250 but 0-60 in 10 seconds on a road with twists and turns.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

"Proponent of Henry's talent ???

Drew Rosenhaus bows down to your bloviating skills in propping up Henry's talent.

Hiding behind avg's doesn't disguise the fact that Derrick isn't a good receiver out of the backfield. Henry doesn't run routes downfield with any degree of skill. Almost entirely dump offs and screens that he has happened to break off a couple of really long ones to bloat his average per catch. 

Look @his per game log catching the ball and then try to sell me on how good of a receiving back he is . Actually he was better last year on a per gm basis. Take out his 66 yarder you love to cite and he's probably under 7.0 per catch. On that play it was about a 7 yd toss in a screen play that he just ran straight up field only having to evade one diving tackler that MAY have gotten a finger on him.

Don't watch Titans religiously but I've never seen Henry run a wheel route or option route up the field like DeMarco does. Or should I say I've never seen Henry catch a pass on those routes. That's my eye test. Yes, his stats may give the impression he is a good receiver when the eyes tell another tale altogether.  

Once again, he has certain things that he is very good at. Just not an all world one that an "opponent" of his talent would agree with you on.

• 96mnc locked this topic