NBC Sports Edge Forums

18 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

"Proponent of Henry's talent ???

Drew Rosenhaus bows down to your bloviating skills in propping up Henry's talent.

Hiding behind avg's doesn't disguise the fact that Derrick isn't a good receiver out of the backfield. Henry doesn't run routes downfield with any degree of skill. Almost entirely dump offs and screens that he has happened to break off a couple of really long ones to bloat his average per catch. 

Look @his per game log catching the ball and then try to sell me on how good of a receiving back he is . Actually he was better last year on a per gm basis. Take out his 66 yarder you love to cite and he's probably under 7.0 per catch. On that play it was about a 7 yd toss in a screen play that he just ran straight up field only having to evade one diving tackler that MAY have gotten a finger on him.

Don't watch Titans religiously but I've never seen Henry run a wheel route or option route up the field like DeMarco does. Or should I say I've never seen Henry catch a pass on those routes. That's my eye test. Yes, his stats may give the impression he is a good receiver when the eyes tell another tale altogether.  

Once again, he has certain things that he is very good at. Just not an all world one that an "opponent" of his talent would agree with you on.

Even his stats don't point to him being a good WR. He doesn't even average one catch per game. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

2 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

"Proponent of Henry's talent ???

Drew Rosenhaus bows down to your bloviating skills in propping up Henry's talent.

Hiding behind avg's doesn't disguise the fact that Derrick isn't a good receiver out of the backfield. Henry doesn't run routes downfield with any degree of skill. Almost entirely dump offs and screens that he has happened to break off a couple of really long ones to bloat his average per catch. 

Look @his per game log catching the ball and then try to sell me on how good of a receiving back he is . Actually he was better last year on a per gm basis. Take out his 66 yarder you love to cite and he's probably under 7.0 per catch. On that play it was about a 7 yd toss in a screen play that he just ran straight up field only having to evade one diving tackler that MAY have gotten a finger on him.

Don't watch Titans religiously but I've never seen Henry run a wheel route or option route up the field like DeMarco does. Or should I say I've never seen Henry catch a pass on those routes. That's my eye test. Yes, his stats may give the impression he is a good receiver when the eyes tell another tale altogether.  

Once again, he has certain things that he is very good at. Just not an all world one that an "opponent" of his talent would agree with you on.

I dont have to look at a per game log. The only pertinent info is that given the opportunities over 2 years he has shown the ability to catch and maintain a healthy 10 yards per reception.

I havent seen Demarco run a wheel route all season, seriously, how many wheel routes have you seen all season? I dont think Henry will ever be a wheel route kind of receiver out of the backfield and he doesnt have to be. He can be super effective on a zone read fake to him and pop pass over the Dline, he can catch screens in the flat and run crossing routes on roll outs.

My main point is his ability to catch as a RB is not a liability it is an untapped asset in his repetoire the titans fail to utilitize in an attempt to keep the defense honest. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I dont have to look at a per game log. The only pertinent info is that given the opportunities over 2 years he has shown the ability to catch and maintain a healthy 10 yards per reception.

I havent seen Demarco run a wheel route all season, seriously, how many wheel routes have you seen all season? I dont think Henry will ever be a wheel route kind of receiver out of the backfield and he doesnt have to be. He can be super effective on a zone read fake to him and pop pass over the Dline, he can catch screens in the flat and run crossing routes on roll outs.

My main point is his ability to catch as a RB is not a liability it is an untapped asset in his repetoire the titans fail to utilitize in an attempt to keep the defense honest. 

Nice dodge, if only Henry was as evasive as you. 

You claim him to be this all round talent, dominant if only he was given the opportunity. Now he has been given the opportunity and those stats for the games there was no DeMarco aren't supportive of your claim so it's all everybody else's fault. You sure it wasn't a Russian collusion to blame. Sounds like you studied @ the knee of Hillary  and the Clinton foundation.

Henry's great talent on his much ballyhooed TD reception that skewed his averages so you'd have a lame stat to beat into the ground was that he could run in a straight line pretty fast. Nothing to do with pass receiving skills. Hence why he doesn't belong in the conversation for Top Five status in PPR format. And even when Murray is gone the Titans no matter who the coach is will likely be playing a different RB in 2minute drill and comeback mode.

You are blind to his shortcomings. Catching the ball is something he does adequately as a dumpoff guy. It's not "An untapped asset" of his. DeMarco is one of the elite passing game RB's of his time. Yes, his best days are behind but on his worst he's still better than Henry. There will be better options for that role on the Titans even if DeMarco is gone next year.

Elite backs in the top five can do all those things in the passing game and excel. I'd take Mixon over Henry in PPR format next year. (Given relatively same health and availability)

Henry is in the club with Blount, Crowell, Latavius, etc... that are mostly thumper 2 down types that can occasionally catch the dump offs. Better than Marshawn, J. Howard or Rawls types but not threats to have to cover downfield in a mismatch with LB's .

You don't want to look at per game log because it proves out what I said. Take away one game and he is extremely mediocre in passing game. Not "super effective" . Sure he could work at it to try and become like Murray. Up to this point he hasn't shown is all I'm saying. His big play , go watch it again anyone. Every RB on the Titans roster would've scored. Henry did nothing special. GREAT CALL by the horrible coach to make him look good on the stat sheet though.

So in the 3 starts, Henry has got he has gotten the 20 carries per game that we were told if he got he would be elite. In fact, he has averaged 21 carries per game.

3.7 YPC. The true making of an elite RB. 

The discussion has become irrelevant.  I won’t be drafting Henry in any round.  Whatever his ADP is, he’ll be overvalued.

Good Luck to anyone who drafts Henry...

The Titans have offered coach Mike Mularkey a contract extension.

Not only has Mularkey been assured of returning in 2018, the Titans apparently now believe he's worth extending beyond that. It's an absurd decision based almost solely on Tennessee's Wild Card win over the Chiefs, caused mainly by Kansas City's own meltdown and fortunate events for Tennessee that occurred in a singular game, not a bang-up coaching job. By all accounts, GM Jon Robinson was ready to part ways with Mularkey following a massive step back by Tennessee's offense. It appears ownership stepped in to guarantee Mularkey's return.
Edited by seanismorris
1 hour ago, seanismorris said:

The discussion has become irrelevant.  I won’t be drafting Henry in any round.  Whatever his ADP is, he’ll be overvalued.

Not only has Mularkey been assured of returning in 2018, the Titans apparently now believe he's worth extending beyond that. It's an absurd decision based almost solely on Tennessee's Wild Card win over the Chiefs, caused mainly by Kansas City's own meltdown and fortunate events for Tennessee that occurred in a singular game, not a bang-up coaching job. By all accounts, GM Jon Robinson was ready to part ways with Mularkey following a massive step back by Tennessee's offense. It appears ownership stepped in to guarantee Mularkey's return.

Great so instead of people realizing Henry lacks 3 of the top 5 most important RB traits (quickness, acceleration, and balance) we can continue to blame the coaching staff for everything.

Welcome back...

8 hours ago, seanismorris said:

Lol

10 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

Nice dodge, if only Henry was as evasive as you. 

You claim him to be this all round talent, dominant if only he was given the opportunity. Now he has been given the opportunity and those stats for the games there was no DeMarco aren't supportive of your claim so it's all everybody else's fault. You sure it wasn't a Russian collusion to blame. Sounds like you studied @ the knee of Hillary  and the Clinton foundation.

Henry's great talent on his much ballyhooed TD reception that skewed his averages so you'd have a lame stat to beat into the ground was that he could run in a straight line pretty fast. Nothing to do with pass receiving skills. Hence why he doesn't belong in the conversation for Top Five status in PPR format. And even when Murray is gone the Titans no matter who the coach is will likely be playing a different RB in 2minute drill and comeback mode.

You are blind to his shortcomings. Catching the ball is something he does adequately as a dumpoff guy. It's not "An untapped asset" of his. DeMarco is one of the elite passing game RB's of his time. Yes, his best days are behind but on his worst he's still better than Henry. There will be better options for that role on the Titans even if DeMarco is gone next year.

Elite backs in the top five can do all those things in the passing game and excel. I'd take Mixon over Henry in PPR format next year. (Given relatively same health and availability)

Henry is in the club with Blount, Crowell, Latavius, etc... that are mostly thumper 2 down types that can occasionally catch the dump offs. Better than Marshawn, J. Howard or Rawls types but not threats to have to cover downfield in a mismatch with LB's .

You don't want to look at per game log because it proves out what I said. Take away one game and he is extremely mediocre in passing game. Not "super effective" . Sure he could work at it to try and become like Murray. Up to this point he hasn't shown is all I'm saying. His big play , go watch it again anyone. Every RB on the Titans roster would've scored. Henry did nothing special. GREAT CALL by the horrible coach to make him look good on the stat sheet though.

Ok, its not like i am going to convince you of anything. I should look at game logs for a backup RB that the coach would barely use to tell he cant catch?

Sure thing, mate.

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Great so instead of people realizing Henry lacks 3 of the top 5 most important RB traits (quickness, acceleration, and balance) we can continue to blame the coaching staff for everything.

Henry does not lack those things.

The coaches lack player development skills and talent evaluation skills.

7 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

Image result for i told you so gif

Long time no see. 

Now that the stats are in for the season you can start your statistical breakdowns.

Cant wait to hear how you justify Henry leading the Titans in rushing as a backup.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
On 4/4/2017 at 5:19 AM, FFCollusion said:

You'll full of ****.

Here's what I did, I created a spreadsheet, that has every single run D.Murray and D.Henry completed for the 2016 season.

Claim #1: Doesn't get short yardage first downs

Murray had exactly 30 runs with 1 to go.

Of those 30 runs, he had negative yardage just 3 times.

0 yards 4 times.

1+ yards for the other 23 times.  76% success rate with 1 to go.

Of those 23 runs, he averaged 5.5 yards per carry.

Of all 30 runs combined, he averaged 4.1 yards per carry.

Murray had 14 runs with 2 to go.

Of those 14 runs, he had negative yardage just 1 time.

0 yards 2 times, 1 yard 2 times.

2+ yards for the other 9 times.  64% success rate with 2 to go.

Of those 9 runs, he averaged 8.4 yards per carry.

Of all 14 runs combined, he averaged 5.4 yards per carry.

Murray had 82 rushes with 5 or less to go.  On those 82 attempts, he averaged 4.8 yards per carry.

Claim #2: Murray had several scampers of 40+

Two.  He had 2.

If you remove both of those runs, he's still averaging 4 YPC.

Claim #3: Murray can't drain the clock in the 4th quarter.

Murray had 68 runs in the 4th quarter, and averaged 3.5 YPC on those runs.

Of these 68 runs, he had 0 or negative yardage 14 times, just 20%. (Positive yardage 80% of the time he carried the ball in the 4th quarter)

8 of these 14 runs, came on first downs.

Claim #4: Murray can't punch it in at the goal line.

4 of Murray's 9 Tds came from the 1 yard line.

3 came from 2-5 yards out.

The final 2 were runs of 14, and 76.

Claim #5: Murray isn't getting short yardage first downs.

Murray had only 2 4th down runs, both with 1 to go.  He converted 1, failed one.

Murray had 23 3rd down runs, 22 of which were 3 or less to convert.

Of those 22 runs of 3rd and 1, 2 or, 3 he converted 16 of them. 73% success rate.

Claim #6: Blount was in a limited role.

Blount touched the ball 306 times last year.  There are only 5 backs in the league who had more than that.

And for giggles...

D.Murray ran the ball 293 times.  He had 0 or negative yards 15 times. (5%)

D.Henry ran the ball 110 times.  He had 0 or negative yards 16 times. (14%)

D.Henry had 25 runs in the 4th quarter, and averaged 2.6 YPC on those runs.

Of those 25 runs, he had 0 or negative yardage 5 times, the same 20% as Murray above. (Claim 3)

D.Henry had only 7 runs, of 3rd and 3 or less to convert.

Of those 7 runs of 3rd and 1, 2, or 3 he converted 4 of them.  57% success rate.

I would like to see another of these for all of DHC’s claims regarding the 2017 season.

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

Welcome back...

Titans and coach Mike Mularkey "mutually agreed to part ways."

The news comes from ESPN's Field Yates. It is a stunning development considering the Titans reportedly offered Mularkey an extension following their loss to the Patriots over the weekend. It is possible that extension came with caveats Mularkey would not accept, such as firing an offensive staff which underperformed in 2017. It was also an open secret the front office wanted to go in a different direction even as ownership stood behind the coach, so perhaps the front office finally won out. Whatever the reason, a prime job with a young and promising quarterback has suddenly opened, and that could spell trouble for teams still looking for coaches. That is especially true for the Colts, who could watch their No. 1 candidate, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, end up with a division rival.
21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Titans and coach Mike Mularkey "mutually agreed to part ways."

The news comes from ESPN's Field Yates. It is a stunning development considering the Titans reportedly offered Mularkey an extension following their loss to the Patriots over the weekend. It is possible that extension came with caveats Mularkey would not accept, such as firing an offensive staff which underperformed in 2017. It was also an open secret the front office wanted to go in a different direction even as ownership stood behind the coach, so perhaps the front office finally won out. Whatever the reason, a prime job with a young and promising quarterback has suddenly opened, and that could spell trouble for teams still looking for coaches. That is especially true for the Colts, who could watch their No. 1 candidate, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, end up with a division rival.

Curious what your thoughts are if McDaniels were to become the next HC?

• 96mnc locked this topic