NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Curious what your thoughts are if McDaniels were to become the next HC?

I can't find the stats, but I know the Patriots run the ball in the red zone more than any other team.  Hoping that their OC McDaniels takes that with him wherever he goes.

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Looks like the GM was able to secure a HC candidate  at the last minute who probably wasnt available and convinced ownership to sign off on firing Mularkey :blink:

43 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I can't find the stats, but I know the Patriots run the ball in the red zone more than any other team.  Hoping that their OC McDaniels takes that with him wherever he goes.

You just made that up. Source?

4 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Between Lewis, Gilislee and Burkhead they had 80 rushes in the red zone.  I don't know if thats the highest but the two RB with the most carries were Bell had 65 and Gurley 63.  Don't think either of them was taken out in red zone very often.  So I would assume if NE wasn't the highest they ranked in the top 2 or 3.  

17 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Between Lewis, Gilislee and Burkhead they had 80 rushes in the red zone.  I don't know if thats the highest but the two RB with the most carries were Bell had 65 and Gurley 63.  Don't think either of them was taken out in red zone very often.  So I would assume if NE wasn't the highest they ranked in the top 2 or 3.  

That's the catch with McDaniels...predicting which rb will get that rz touch.  I can't remember how it played out when he was in Denver.

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Curious what your thoughts are if McDaniels were to become the next HC?

Interesting question. 

McDaniels didnt have a 300 carry RB or 1,000yd RB during his 2 years in Denver. 

His offenses in NE obviously run through Brady but with several different RBs who contribute. Not sure if McDaniels would bring that philosophy to Tennessee or not. If McDaniels went to the Titans i would expect him to bring in another RB to compliment Henrys skill set and i think you might be able to expect a hybrid of Laggarrette Blount last year when he had 18 TDs and was a 4th quarter killer but id expect him to be used more than just in the 4th quarter like Blount did in NE.

I think McDaniels would play a more spread offense with some read option and roll oit plays to keep the D from loading up the box. Wouldnt be surprised to see a james white type of cop back for the Henry ground and pound attack.

46 minutes ago, psygolf said:

That's the catch with McDaniels...predicting which rb will get that rz touch.  I can't remember how it played out when he was in Denver.

Gilly was ineffective, Rex got hurt. 

Wasn't hard to predict Blount last year. 

Not gonna over think this one. 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

It's rather widely know, but if you need the numbers...

2017 NE was 1st in the league with 4.4 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2016 NE was 4th in the league with 3.9 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2015 NE was 2nd in the league with 3.9 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2014 NE was 1st in the league with 4.3 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2013 NE was 2nd in the league with 4.1 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2012 NE was 1st in the league with 4.4 Red Zone Rushed per game.

2011 NE was 1st in the league with 4.5 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2010 NE was 1st in the league with 4.2 Red Zone Rushes per game.

In fact, 2003 (7th) and 2005 (6th) are the only 2 times in the last 15 years that NE wasn't top 5 in this stat.

Get Your Hoodies Out ... Bill is coming to Music City to join his GF !!! :wub:

After winning the Super Bowl when they ask BB where he is going to next his answer will; "I'm going to Nashville Baby " 

Also coming soon to Titans will be the 5 man band known as The RBBC working in 5 part harmony. Belichick will be swapping the drunken Chowdah Heads for some drunken Cow Horns ringing their cowbells (more cowbell)

That will leave Team TB12 to run the Patriots. Tom Terrific will be the first QB / Coach since Norm Van Brocklin or Otto Graham days (don't know if that's true, but it sounds about right) Gisele will run the front office. Daddy Kraft will be boozin' up in the booth w/ supermodels on game days when he flies them in from his Bel Air bachelor pad party Saturday night.

51 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

It's rather widely know, but if you need the numbers...

2017 NE was 1st in the league with 4.4 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2016 NE was 4th in the league with 3.9 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2015 NE was 2nd in the league with 3.9 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2014 NE was 1st in the league with 4.3 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2013 NE was 2nd in the league with 4.1 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2012 NE was 1st in the league with 4.4 Red Zone Rushed per game.

2011 NE was 1st in the league with 4.5 Red Zone Rushes per game.

2010 NE was 1st in the league with 4.2 Red Zone Rushes per game.

In fact, 2003 (7th) and 2005 (6th) are the only 2 times in the last 15 years that NE wasn't top 5 in this stat.

Means nothing...How many times did one rb receive 50% or higher share of these touches?

• 96mnc locked this topic