Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

 

I never said Henry could not use a complimentary back. I said this seasin demarco should have benn the cop back for Henry. Maybe you missed that part as you read all the previos pages.

 

He would be a top 5 fantasy back if given the load.

Describe "given the load" ... You have seen him given the load for enough games this year and nothing shows him being "top 5" so I would like to pin you down on what constitutes Henry getting sufficient opportunity.

 

You just keep changing the conversation to find a statistic that can in your mind prove a point. Then when the statistics don't back your "opinion" you blame the coaches for putting him in "predictable" situations. Yet if gets the ball fed to him as much as you say they need to for him to be the RB you claim he is that in itself makes their offense predictable.

 

I can agree with you that just because they only have thrown Henry the ball a limited amount doesn't mean he isn't a capable receiver. I disagree with your opinion that he is good at it. Capable and good are quite two different things.

 

DeMarco is excellent in the passing game of which I don't think even you would deny. Question is what will they do when they move on from Murray altogether. Will they bring in another RB for that role which would make Henry another Jordan Howard / Legarrette Blount type. Good but not top five.

 

If DeMarco is released I'll bet you whatever you want on Henry not being top five in PPR format. No excuses other than injury. If he plays at least 14 games , if he is as GREAT as you imply then it's like stealing candy from a baby. You can take advantage of my lack of scouting skills and prowess. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

1 hour ago, howlin' 2 said:

Describe "given the load" ... You have seen him given the load for enough games this year and nothing shows him being "top 5" so I would like to pin you down on what constitutes Henry getting sufficient opportunity.

 

You just keep changing the conversation to find a statistic that can in your mind prove a point. Then when the statistics don't back your "opinion" you blame the coaches for putting him in "predictable" situations. Yet if gets the ball fed to him as much as you say they need to for him to be the RB you claim he is that in itself makes their offense predictable.

 

I can agree with you that just because they only have thrown Henry the ball a limited amount doesn't mean he isn't a capable receiver. I disagree with your opinion that he is good at it. Capable and good are quite two different things.

 

DeMarco is excellent in the passing game of which I don't think even you would deny. Question is what will they do when they move on from Murray altogether. Will they bring in another RB for that role which would make Henry another Jordan Howard / Legarrette Blount type. Good but not top five.

 

If DeMarco is released I'll bet you whatever you want on Henry not being top five in PPR format. No excuses other than injury. If he plays at least 14 games , if he is as GREAT as you imply then it's like stealing candy from a baby. You can take advantage of my lack of scouting skills and prowess. 

 

Your lack of scouting skills and prowess speak for themselves no need for me to get involved in that.

 

Henry started 3 games this year and put up top 5 RB numbers in 2 out of the 3 games, yes in ppr, with an inept coaching staff. So im not sure what your point is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First off you just make up your own facts. Week 17 even with the fluke 66yd TD screen play he finished 8th in 1pts PPR lg But I'm sure you have some concocted formula that makes him top 5.

 

Second off, you claim a top 5 finish in the playoffs round when only 4 teams were playing. You're a joke when you do that. Odds are the day Henry had it very well could've been but still it's disingenuous.

 

Third off, you once again you did a dodge and didn't answer my simple questions. Define "given the load" and you didn't answer my offer of a bet if Murray is gone and Henry gets adequate health to attain top five status in PPR for RB's.

 

Mock me if you think it makes you superior but your silence on simple offer to let you prove your point and shut me (and quite a few others) up got just the response I figured it would.

 

Last off, and to my point is you're great on excuses. Cherry pick stats thinking that proves you right. But faced with a simple offer to put up or shut up you did neither. You could even be right, but judging from repeated dodges and changing of the narrative I take it you're smarter than what you post. You don't have the faith to back your B.S. so  go ahead with another hundred pages impressing yourself and making excuses even when facts say otherwise. I'm done with the back & forth.

 

Bet still stands if you ever man up. Same conditions , no Murray & at least 14 games for Henry or no bet. No coach conditions, you claim his talent is so great in all facets it's on him to wow them over. Either way we can revisit this after next season, bet or no bet

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

First off you just make up your own facts. Week 17 even with the fluke 66yd TD screen play he finished 8th in 1pts PPR lg But I'm sure you have some concocted formula that makes him top 5.

 

Second off, you claim a top 5 finish in the playoffs round when only 4 teams were playing. You're a joke when you do that. Odds are the day Henry had it very well could've been but still it's disingenuous.

 

Third off, you once again you did a dodge and didn't answer my simple questions. Define "given the load" and you didn't answer my offer of a bet if Murray is gone and Henry gets adequate health to attain top five status in PPR for RB's.

 

Mock me if you think it makes you superior but your silence on simple offer to let you prove your point and shut me (and quite a few others) up got just the response I figured it would.

 

Last off, and to my point is you're great on excuses. Cherry pick stats thinking that proves you right. But faced with a simple offer to put up or shut up you did neither. You could even be right, but judging from repeated dodges and changing of the narrative I take it you're smarter than what you post. You don't have the faith to back your B.S. so  go ahead with another hundred pages impressing yourself and making excuses even when facts say otherwise. I'm done with the back & forth.

 

Bet still stands if you ever man up. Same conditions , no Murray & at least 14 games for Henry or no bet. No coach conditions, you claim his talent is so great in all facets it's on him to wow them over. Either way we can revisit this after next season, bet or no bet

 

Ok, "given the load" means being the starting RB.

 

What other questions did you want me to answer?

 

Thank you for the betting opportunity but i will politely decline your offer. I am not here to bet, simply state my opinions. If i am wrong i will own it.

 

So, to address your previous point of Henry being #8 week 17 in ppr instead of top 5, that may be right, i didnt check but he went for 117yds and a TD, high end RB1 numbers, 3 spots from top 5. If you want to hold my feet to the fire over 3 spots then that is fine, you win again. ?

 

1st week of the playoffs he goes for 191yds and a TD, better than gurley in his playoff game, but we are not allowed to call that a top 5 performance because the regular season had ended? I guess you win again on the technicality rule.

 

I guess that makes you the winner! Congrats Howlin, its gotta feel good to have proven me wrong so definitively.

 

?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Ok, "given the load" means being the starting RB.

 

What other questions did you want me to answer?

 

Thank you for the betting opportunity but i will politely decline your offer. I am not here to bet, simply state my opinions. If i am wrong i will own it.

 

So, to address your previous point of Henry being #8 week 17 in ppr instead of top 5, that may be right, i didnt check but he went for 117yds and a TD, high end RB1 numbers, 3 spots from top 5. If you want to hold my feet to the fire over 3 spots then that is fine, you win again. ?

 

1st week of the playoffs he goes for 191yds and a TD, better than gurley in his playoff game, but we are not allowed to call that a top 5 performance because the regular season had ended? I guess you win again on the technicality rule.

 

I guess that makes you the winner! Congrats Howlin, its gotta feel good to have proven me wrong so definitively.

 

?

 

top 5 when only 8 teams played lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, howlin' 2 said:

Describe "given the load" ... You have seen him given the load for enough games this year and nothing shows him being "top 5" so I would like to pin you down on what constitutes Henry getting sufficient opportunity.

 

You just keep changing the conversation to find a statistic that can in your mind prove a point. Then when the statistics don't back your "opinion" you blame the coaches for putting him in "predictable" situations. Yet if gets the ball fed to him as much as you say they need to for him to be the RB you claim he is that in itself makes their offense predictable.

 

I can agree with you that just because they only have thrown Henry the ball a limited amount doesn't mean he isn't a capable receiver. I disagree with your opinion that he is good at it. Capable and good are quite two different things.

 

DeMarco is excellent in the passing game of which I don't think even you would deny. Question is what will they do when they move on from Murray altogether. Will they bring in another RB for that role which would make Henry another Jordan Howard / Legarrette Blount type. Good but not top five.

 

If DeMarco is released I'll bet you whatever you want on Henry not being top five in PPR format. No excuses other than injury. If he plays at least 14 games , if he is as GREAT as you imply then it's like stealing candy from a baby. You can take advantage of my lack of scouting skills and prowess. 

 

Every time Henry gets around 20 carries per game, great things happen for the team and for his stats.  The coaching and playcalling were real issues this year.  I think if Mularkey had this team and offense int he 1960s he'd win 5 or 6 championships in a row.  Unfortunately it's 2018 and any NFL team that tries to power run and dare the defense to stop them... will find that most defenses can and will stop them.

 

A good offensive mind who can play the best players and play them to their strengths will get so much more out of this team.  I can't imagine whoever they hire to do any worse than Mularkey.

 

We all know what Mularkey is another word for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Ok, "given the load" means being the starting RB.

 

What other questions did you want me to answer?

 

Thank you for the betting opportunity but i will politely decline your offer. I am not here to bet, simply state my opinions. If i am wrong i will own it.

 

So, to address your previous point of Henry being #8 week 17 in ppr instead of top 5, that may be right, i didnt check but he went for 117yds and a TD, high end RB1 numbers, 3 spots from top 5. If you want to hold my feet to the fire over 3 spots then that is fine, you win again. ?

 

1st week of the playoffs he goes for 191yds and a TD, better than gurley in his playoff game, but we are not allowed to call that a top 5 performance because the regular season had ended? I guess you win again on the technicality rule.

 

I guess that makes you the winner! Congrats Howlin, its gotta feel good to have proven me wrong so definitively.

 

?

 

Blake Bortles will be a top 5 QB ROS. GOAT

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, oban14 said:

 

Every time Henry gets around 20 carries per game, great things happen for the team and for his stats.  The coaching and playcalling were real issues this year.  I think if Mularkey had this team and offense int he 1960s he'd win 5 or 6 championships in a row.  Unfortunately it's 2018 and any NFL team that tries to power run and dare the defense to stop them... will find that most defenses can and will stop them.

 

A good offensive mind who can play the best players and play them to their strengths will get so much more out of this team.  I can't imagine whoever they hire to do any worse than Mularkey.

 

We all know what Mularkey is another word for.

 

You mean all two times that happened?  Also, it wasn’t his number of carries in Week 17 that led to “great things” - it was his one screen catch.  Which didn’t require a nearly 30-carry workload to make happen.

 

I do agree with you that the coaching and play-calling could have been better.  I do think it’s worth bearing in mind, though, that whoever they bring at HC is almost assuredly not going to provide Henry with that sort of immense workload.  LeVeon Bell doesn’t average as many touches as Henry saw in only his first start ever under Mularkey.  And judging from the GM’s comments, the scheme is almost certainly going to skew more toward the pass in order to accelerate Mariota’s development.  Which means further carries to go around no matter who receives them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

 

You mean all two times that happened?  Also, it wasn’t his number of carries in Week 17 that led to “great things” - it was his one screen catch.  Which didn’t require a nearly 30-carry workload to make happen.

 

I do agree with you that the coaching and play-calling could have been better.  I do think it’s worth bearing in mind, though, that whoever they bring at HC is almost assuredly not going to provide Henry with that sort of immense workload.  LeVeon Bell doesn’t average as many touches as Henry saw in only his first start ever under Mularkey.  And judging from the GM’s comments, the scheme is almost certainly going to skew more toward the pass in order to accelerate Mariota’s development.  Which means further carries to go around no matter who receives them.

 

Those "one screen catches" seem to happen when he's getting 20 carries per game, just like in week one.  I welcome the offense skewing towards the pass, because if it works it will open up the running game.  This isn't 1966 and you need a playbook with more than sweep left/sweep right/up the gut.  What I'd really like to see is an OC who likes using the RB in the passing game, so we can ditch the myth that Henry isn't as good as Murray in the passing game once and for all.

 

Hopefully the new coach will get him around 20-25 touches per game, counting receptions.  Looking forward to how it pans out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Whatever helps you sleep better at night.

 

I never said Henry could not use a complimentary back. I said this seasin demarco should have benn the cop back for Henry. Maybe you missed that part as you read all the previos pages.

 

He would be a top 5 fantasy back if given the load.

Besides the rare case(ingram and Kamara) top 5 Rb's don't share with a complimentary back.  Thats why they are top 5.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 3:19 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

....and you know that if Mularkey ever got his stuff together or if Murray did get injured enough to miss a game this guy would become the best RB not named Bell, Kamara, or Ingram.

 

Wait, whaaat?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Ok, "given the load" means being the starting RB.

 

What other questions did you want me to answer?

 

Thank you for the betting opportunity but i will politely decline your offer. I am not here to bet, simply state my opinions. If i am wrong i will own it.

 

So, to address your previous point of Henry being #8 week 17 in ppr instead of top 5, that may be right, i didnt check but he went for 117yds and a TD, high end RB1 numbers, 3 spots from top 5. If you want to hold my feet to the fire over 3 spots then that is fine, you win again. ?

 

1st week of the playoffs he goes for 191yds and a TD, better than gurley in his playoff game, but we are not allowed to call that a top 5 performance because the regular season had ended? I guess you win again on the technicality rule.

 

I guess that makes you the winner! Congrats Howlin, its gotta feel good to have proven me wrong so definitively.

 

?

 

So with defined parameters we can see next year if you indeed own up to it. So far you've sounded like a Hillary apologist blaming everything but Henry when the results don't match your assessments. Either that or Nancy Kerrigan after getting knee capped.

 

If your reading comprehension is at a normal level I distinctly stated you may be right. Maybe you missed that part. I boldly stand behind my assessments. You leave the door open for an escape route

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oban14 said:

 

Those "one screen catches" seem to happen when he's getting 20 carries per game, just like in week one.  

 

I have to be missing something here.  In Week 1, he didn’t catch a pass (or receive ~20 carries).  In fact, he only caught more than one pass (two, that is) in three games.  He had 7, 8 and 13 carries in those.  He did have 19 carries in that blowout victory vs. the Colts around mid-season and caught a pass in that one.  Could that be what you mean?  In any event, I’m not seeing any sort of meaningful correlation between rushing attempts and catches in his game logs.

 

My broader point, though, is that the sample sizes are just too small for us to reach sound conclusions about statistical trends with Henry.  He received three starts all year: should we conclude that, because he ran poorly in two of those games, he’s a terrible rusher?  Was the KC playoff game just a fluke performance.  It doesn’t pass muster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

some of you guys should seek help immediately ... especially the guys who are still carrying around this hard on with DHC

 

pop IT

 

the season is over ...

 

you will never get DHC to admit a damn thing except how great DHenry is

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

 

I have to be missing something here.  In Week 1, he didn’t catch a pass (or receive ~20 carries).  In fact, he only caught more than one pass (two, that is) in three games.  He had 7, 8 and 13 carries in those.  He did have 19 carries in that blowout victory vs. the Colts around mid-season and caught a pass in that one.  Could that be what you mean?  In any event, I’m not seeing any sort of meaningful correlation between rushing attempts and catches in his game logs.

 

My broader point, though, is that the sample sizes are just too small for us to reach sound conclusions about statistical trends with Henry.  He received three starts all year: should we conclude that, because he ran poorly in two of those games, he’s a terrible rusher?  Was the KC playoff game just a fluke performance.  It doesn’t pass muster.

 

I think you are starting to get it. 19 carries he had 131yds and a TD. He is the reason for the blowout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

So with defined parameters we can see next year if you indeed own up to it. So far you've sounded like a Hillary apologist blaming everything but Henry when the results don't match your assessments. Either that or Nancy Kerrigan after getting knee capped.

 

If your reading comprehension is at a normal level I distinctly stated you may be right. Maybe you missed that part. I boldly stand behind my assessments. You leave the door open for an escape route

 

Sounds good to me. Ive never ran from anything i have said.

 

You dont leave yourself an escape route but distinctly stated i may be right?

 

Okie dokie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Sounds good to me. Ive never ran from anything i have said.

 

You dont leave yourself an escape route but distinctly stated i may be right?

 

Okie dokie.

No, I clearly stated that there should be no excuses. If Murray leaves and Henry plays 14 games then his talent according to you should place him top 5 PPR.

 

No contingency on my part. If Henry does I bow down. I don't care how many injuries or bad coaching decisions around the lg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

No, I clearly stated that there should be no excuses. If Murray leaves and Henry plays 14 games then his talent according to you should place him top 5 PPR.

 

No contingency on my part. If Henry does I bow down. I don't care how many injuries or bad coaching decisions around the lg.

 

Good Luck

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

So with defined parameters we can see next year if you indeed own up to it. So far you've sounded like a Hillary apologist blaming everything but Henry when the results don't match your assessments. Either that or Nancy Kerrigan after getting knee capped.

 

If your reading comprehension is at a normal level I distinctly stated you may be right. Maybe you missed that part. I boldly stand behind my assessments. You leave the door open for an escape route

 

Nailed it.  Henry truthers are going to be sad again in 2018 when he underwhelms yet again.

 

And when they are confronted with it, they always seemed confused...

Edited by cnewbykkn
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 96mnc locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...