NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook

7 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Coleman is solid too as he has stand alone value (could flex him) and if Freeman ever went down, he would put up big numbers. 

thats only if you are banking on another 11 td season it could happen but i would bet against it 

9 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

This thread is so strange considering there has been no sign that this is any sort of split and that Henry has been a good but not great NFL runner. What's the different between him and Jonathan Williams or Matt Breida? 

A Heisman

14 minutes ago, yanksman said:

A Heisman

9 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

This thread is so strange considering there has been no sign that this is any sort of split and that Henry has been a good but not great NFL runner. What's the different between him and Jonathan Williams or Matt Breida? 

A Heisman

A few inches and about 20lbs bigger, runs just as fast and is a bettee pass blocker and receiver than Breida and Williams.

Breida and Williams are on terrible teams. Henry would be running behind a top 5 OL and better offense in general.

On 9/2/2017 at 10:14 AM, lavaman said:

Henry will be the starting RB by season's end, mark my words.

I know, just another bold prediction. But I have a gut feeling I'm right on this one (and usually my gut tells me right).

I got him in my two most important leagues as a non-Murray owner in both. I have that same feeling that he will be a championship maker this year.

28 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Anyone else firing him up Sunday? I'm expecting 50 yards and a plunge. Where you at cleats?

Let's go!

2 series to himself and sprinkled in when Murray is tired.

9 carries, 54 yards and a TD

3 receptions for 34 yards.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Cleats - How many touchdowns do you think Henry will score in the Pro Bowl this year?

Let me answer this for him... 13 for a solid baker's dozen.

31 minutes ago, Wardawg said:

I don't see Tennessee getting rid of Murray. The split may get closer to 50/50 this year, but I think Murray gets re-signed and they continue to be a full on committee for another year or two.

im pretty sure he is signed for the next 2 years its all about if the titans want to pay him 6+mil which seems unlikely but he could restructure his deal i guess 

I'm looking fwd to bumping this thread weekly after Demarco lays down 100/1-2tds as henry busies himself making sure murray's water bottle is always full. 

mularky , murray , henry himself has made it abundantly clear what henrys role is going to be. if you actually paid attention to what is said instead of blindly believing what you so desperately need to you probably would have clued in by now. the only people who refuse to listen appear to be highly unintelligent and also posting in this thread. coincidence? I think not. 

50/50 time shares. henry the lead back. lol where the f--- you guys come up w this stuff? do you even watch football? 

ive never seen a collective of people that needed to be right abt one player so badly despite so much evidence to the contrary. it's almost mindboggling. 

id tell you what the evidence is, but you wouldn't get it anyway-you all have your tin foil david henry hats on- and honestly I can't be bothered to do anything other than mock your ignorance.  

enjoy mediocrity boys. 

talk to you Monday. 

1 minute ago, bigfatandugly said:

I'm looking fwd to bumping this thread weekly after Demarco lays down 100/1-2tds as henry busies himself making sure murray's water bottle is always full. 

mularky , murray , henry himself has made it abundantly clear what henrys role is going to be. if you actually paid attention to what is said instead of blindly believing what you so desperately need to you probably would have clued in by now. the only people who refuse to listen appear to be highly unintelligent and also posting in this thread. coincidence? I think not. 

50/50 time shares. henry the lead back. lol where the f--- you guys come up w this stuff? do you even watch football? 

ive never seen a collective of people that needed to be right abt one player so badly despite so much evidence to the contrary. it's almost mindboggling. 

id tell you what the evidence is, but you wouldn't get it anyway-you all have your tin foil david henry hats on- and honestly I can't be bothered to do anything other than mock your ignorance.  

enjoy mediocrity boys. 

talk to you Monday. 

Sounds like you drafted Murray early and are having those second thoughts.  I stayed away from Murray this year in all leagues, but made sure I had Derrick Henry.  

cool swag sunglasses deal with it vince mcmahon GIF

12 minutes ago, bigfatandugly said:

enjoy mediocrity boys. 

talk to you Monday. 

Clearly missed out on Derrick Henry lol.

Murray is taking the backseat this season and it might happen as soon as this week! Those hammy's are pretty tender.

Derrick Henry is a Better Bet than Demarco Murray in Tennessee

It’s that time again football fans, when the takes are hot and the beer is cold. For the hottest take of them all, I’m here to convince you that Derrick Henry and Rishard Matthews are the players to own in the Titans offense. We’ll look at the defense at another time for the IDPers.

DeMarco Murray had a great year for Tennessee in 2016, playing on 81.02% of the team’s offense snaps per Pro Football Reference. He finished the season having played all 16 games for only the second time in his career, racking up 1,287 yards, nine touchdowns, and tying the league for third with 293 carries. He was also fourth on the Titans in number of targets in the passing game with 67, finishing with 53 receptions for 377 yards and three touchdowns. 

Why then am I telling you to fade Murray? At age 29 and entering his seventh season, Murray has a big ole bullseye on his back. Father Time loves going after running backs flirting with the big three O coming off a high-usage season where they fade down the stretch. Dealing with a hammy, Murray looked tentative at times in his first action of the preseason. 

Enter Derrick Henry, the second-year running back out of Alabamawho played just 25% of the offensive snaps in his rookie season. Despite limited usage, Henry looked the part with 110 carries for 490 yards and five touchdowns. He also finished just a tad bit higher in yards per carry over Murray with 4.5 to Murray’s 4.4.

The one area where Henry wasn’t as effective was in the passing game, which could be Murray’s saving grace. With only 15 targets, 13 receptions and 137 yards with no touchdowns, Henry didn’t see as much action. Interestingly enough, however, is that his yards per catch also exceeded Murrays’ with 10.5 versus 7.1.

If the Titans are smart (debatable) they could use Henry more in the running game allowing Murray to continue his role in the passing game. With rookie wideout Corey Davis still nursing a balky hammy and Eric Decker (ankle) also ailing, the Titans could frankly use the help there.

Regardless, this is likely Murray’s last year as a Titan based on how his contract is structured. All of his guaranteed money drops off after this year and with a base salary of $6.5 million in 2018, plus incentives – unless he has another monster year and can defeat Ole Man Time – at age 30 it seems less likely the Titans would be willing to pay that amount.

Henry is the future and the Titans need to see what they have in him sooner rather than later. They have every incentive to give him work with third-year quarterback Marcus Mariota who is also the Titans’ future. Henry could easily have the better fantasy football season even if Murray gets and stays healthy. With Murray’s ADP at 6 and Henry’s average around 30, you could get a legit steal here.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/fantasy-football/2017/09/05/derrick-henry-better-demarco-murray/

Edited by burninglegs

I'm actually not a huge believer in Henry's talent.  But I'm humble enough to understand that (1) I could be wrong and (2) if I am, the opportunity for Henry to have a massive season with this elite offensive line and run-heavy scheme is too good to ignore.  When he falls to the right price (#92 overall, #117 overall, which is where I've invested) you can't turn your back on the possibilities.  

You need to keep a range of possibilities in mind with players like Henry.  His floor is low but his ceiling is really, really high.

14 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I'm actually not a huge believer in Henry's talent.  But I'm humble enough to understand that (1) I could be wrong and (2) if I am, the opportunity for Henry to have a massive season with this elite offensive line and run-heavy scheme is too good to ignore.  When he falls to the right price (#92 overall, #117 overall, which is where I've invested) you can't turn your back on the possibilities.  

You need to keep a range of possibilities in mind with players like Henry.  His floor is low but his ceiling is really, really high.

Agreed 100%.  But....I AM a huge believer in his talent.

Just now, spd2base said:

Haven't seen this much hype since David Wilson a few years ago. I bought in then, YUUUGE mistake. But, as a Murray Owner, I did handcuff Henry. 

I had suppressed David Wilson from my memory bank, thanks for bringing that back up. There's a huge flaw in your comparison though. David wilson ended going as a 3-4 rounder, Henry can be had fairly cheap. 

1 minute ago, mmcc1029 said:

I had suppressed David Wilson from my memory bank, thanks for bringing that back up. There's a huge flaw in your comparison though. David wilson ended going as a 3-4 rounder, Henry can be had fairly cheap. 

My Comparison was more about the long thread Henry has garnered without really showing anything on the field this year. Meaning...so far...it's all hype. Everything is trendy right for Henry, but we have yet to play a game and this thread is 22 pages long, lol. That's what happened with David Wilson, and he was so hyped people drafted him 2nd round (guilty)...never again. But like I said, personally I'm aboard the Henry train.

• 96mnc locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
  • 96mnc locked and unlocked this topic
  • 96mnc locked and unlocked this topic