NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I just get the feeling Murray will dangle by a thread the whole year. Henry should be the starter now, but my gut tells me the Titans will keep plugging in Murray until he completely breaks down. Even then, he'd be back as the starter if he got healthy again.

This is what's exactly what's going to happen, unfortunately, until Murray misses games. Murray will be the "starter" get 12 touces in which he doesn't do much, and Henry comes in and produces on limited touches capping his RB1 ceiling to a flex play. As an owner of both, it's a frustrating situation because a high-end RB1 opportunity exists here.

Edited by ponchsox
1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

This is what's exactly what's going to happen, unfortunately, until Murray misses games. Murray will be the "starter" get 12 touces in which he doesn't do much, and Henry comes in and produces on limited touches capping his RB1 ceiling to a flex play. As an owner of both, it's a frustrating situation because a high-end RB1 opportunity exists here.

Murray starting and Henry following is what happened LAST year... this is a new year, and we'll see more Henry. Question is, how much? Or more relevant: is Henry a safe start? Or, more urgent: is Henry a start THIS week?

Knowing what we know now---if today was Sunday---who would start Derrick Henry?   (I know DerrickHenrysCleats would start him, but he's been starting Henry since November of 2016 --- your time is coming HenrysCleats, but is it here yet?)

I like the Seattle D as a weekly play, especially IDPs, but the reality of the 2017 Seattle D is this:

Week 1 = Ty Montgomery 54 rushing / 39 receiving / 1 rushing TD

Week 2 = Carlos Hyde 124 rushing / 19 receiving

3 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Murray starting and Henry following is what happened LAST year... this is a new year, and we'll see more Henry. Question is, how much? Or more relevant: is Henry a safe start? Or, more urgent: is Henry a start THIS week?

Knowing what we know now---if today was Sunday---who would start Derrick Henry?   (I know DerrickHenrysCleats would start him, but he's been starting Henry since November of 2016 --- your time is coming HenrysCleats, but is it here yet?)

I like the Seattle D as a weekly play, especially IDPs, but the reality of the 2017 Seattle D is this:

The titans will play henry if they want to win football games.

1st game with Murray the leading rusher - lost

2nd game with Henry leading rusher - won.

5 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

also factor in the x-country trek (though it is a 4:05 start), and Seattle not being as dominant on the road, and i wouldn't hesitate to start the kid at all - and would expect very nice numbers.  of course. 

Honestly, Henry is a respectable start for those desperate at RB. Knowing Murray isn't 100% combined with what we saw last week really makes it hard to justify giving Murray the lion's share. I mean sure, Henry won't be getting the lion's share himself, but 50/50 ain't bad for someone drafted primarily as a lottery ticket.

Murray will "start", but Henry will get the bulk of the carries in Seattle. I can see this game close scoring, and titans employing the run more. Hyde shredded them last week, imagine what Derrick Henry can do against them at Home.

Mularkey has all the facts, he's not dumb. He knows D.Henry is the better runner and gives them the best chance to win. What he says on record is pure gamesmanship , nothing else.

Henry's time is now. Enjoy it folks.

1 minute ago, NeroVendict said:

Murray will "start", but Henry will get the bulk of the carries in Seattle. I can see this game close scoring, and titans employing the run more. Hyde shredded them last week, imagine what Derrick Henry can do against them at Home.

Mularkey has all the facts, he's not dumb. He knows D.Henry is the better runner and gives them the best chance to win. What he says on record is pure gamesmanship , nothing else.

Henry's time is now. Enjoy it folks.

Agreed. And he's not going going to publicly throw Murray under the bus. Murray may be the "starter" but Henry will get more touches.

3 minutes ago, Tcann66 said:

I don't know what to make of this situation.. Kinda feels like a headache all year unless Murray goes IR. If you have Murray and Henry what type of value would you pull the trigger on?

I think you mean what if you dealt both at once? Shoot for the moon - go for 1 elite player at any position you need. It's a reasonable offer imo.

Henry is a top 4 RB now that DJ is on IR.

Last weekend waa the beginning of tge end for Murray.

Its over, Murray in his prime last year wasnt better than Henry, he just got all the work

Coaches are reluctant to make changes but job security and W's will force their hand.

You will never see Henrys bruising effect on a defense till he gets 20+ carries a game.

He got 92 on 14? Give him 22 carries and he will likely give you 150 and 2 TDs.

He catches too so 5 for 50 isnt out of the question.

Cant wait till they stable Murray and let the thoroughbread henry open it up.

5 minutes ago, Tcann66 said:

I don't know what to make of this situation.. Kinda feels like a headache all year unless Murray goes IR. If you have Murray and Henry what type of value would you pull the trigger on?

Hard to say if its a headache. I dont think it will be much different than owning both Freeman and Coleman.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Its over, Murray in his prime last year wasnt better than Henry, he just got all the work

Coaches are reluctant to make changes but job security and W's will force their hand.

You will never see Henrys bruising effect on a defense till he gets 20+ carries a game.

keep talking, you gave me Eazy E already

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

Hard to say if its a headache. I dont think it will be much different than owning both Freeman and Coleman.

Head coach saying Murray is still the guy has me worried. Sure if Murray misses some games and Henry goes nuts I agree it will be Henrys backfield. But if Murray is always just banged up and they both get 12-14 carries a week is what worries me. 

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

Cleats, now that this appears like it might finally be happening, you're quickly becoming my favorite novelty account.  I love the spirit.

I grow on people like a fine wine.

Henrys 200+ rushing yard and multiple TD games against college teamz like Florida and Auburn and Clemson have me drooling to see him get 20 carries a game in the NFL.

Dante Fowler had about as much success at UF trying to tackle Derrick Henry as he did yesterday for Jacksonville.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I grow on people like a fine wine.

Henrys 200+ rushing yard and multiple TD games against college teamz like Florida and Auburn and Clemson have me drooling to see him get 20 carries a game in the NFL.

Dante Fowler had about as much success at UF trying to tackle Derrick Henry as he did yesterday for Jacksonville.

I never doubted you cleats. Real recognize real

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

thing is....we all know he's talented.  the question is when he is going to be able to put that talent on display every game.

im a titans fan and im reluctant.

Best thing for Henry owners is that the Titans keep running an ineffective Murray on Sundays and let that hammy get worse and worse and eventually sideline him ROS. Hammys are always a fickle issue to deal with. 

59 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Formatting all your posts as one line hot takes doesn't make them more persuasive. 

2 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

thing is....we all know he's talented.  the question is when he is going to be able to put that talent on display every game.

im a titans fan and im reluctant.

With the way Murray has been playing the bar is set pretty low.

Someone needs to call ESPN and tell them to get on the train. This is garbage, probably written by Matthew Berry........

Henry came on strong in the second half of Week 2's rousing win over the Jaguars. It's not yet clear if Henry has secured an enduring gain in the share for snaps and touches with DeMarco Murray, so he's still merely a boom-or-bust flex option with a relatively low floor. Seattle is sound against the run, further complicating Henry's fantasy promise this week.

• 96mnc locked this topic
  • 96mnc unlocked this topic