Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Derrick Henry 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

So much this. Always. It literally always backfires.

I'm a pretty savvy fantasy player and I attribute a lot of my success to preparation and knowledge but I think sometimes reading these forums actually hurt me more than help me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why are people talking like it's over?

 

We're just getting started here.

 

A 50/50 split saw Tennessee produce a really good result against a stout Seattle D with a much improved offense. 

 

You think they're just gonna go back to giving all the touches to Murray now? Not a chance. They are both averaging the same YPC and the timeshare has brought about tangible on field results. If he plays, he will produce.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Why are people talking like it's over?

 

We're just getting started here.

 

A 50/50 split saw Tennessee produce a really good result against a stout Seattle D with a much improved offense. 

 

You think they're just gonna go back to giving all the touches to Murray now? Not a chance. They are both averaging the same YPC and the timeshare has brought about tangible on field results. If he plays, he will produce.

He's hurt...Murray was hurt and played better than him. It's over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Obviously not familiar with Henry, that is ok, you should bench him if you have a better option, like Leveon or...well, leveon is probably it.

 

About that? LOL, I mean when your name is what yours is, can it even be possible for you to be reasonable?

He wasnt even the best option on his team, the fact peopel value your opinion in anyways with your bias is a joke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2017 at 8:18 AM, burninglegs said:

 

Henry has been better than Murray the first two games this season. Going back thr last 7 games, Henry has been better. So yes, certainly he has been playing better. 

 

Yeah? Again, I will say, he certainly has not, and do not ever dispute me again. Involving last year is just the example of the joke your opinions have been. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

this was more like a clown car due to all the trolling and schtick.  

 

shame it deteriorated into a cesspool. 

 

Yes, from all the Henry fans, you cant reasonably discuss his outlook because you have such bias fanboys in here uttering nonsense that helps no one. 

People want to act like a stud RB is not on his team and in front of him, ignoring it is reckless with providing info for others. 

I recommend anyone ignore anyone who has the name of the player they are discussing in their name, they clearly are not informed truthfully on the player. 

Edited by Mavis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Henry's season is perfect so far.  He (and just as importantly TN) are proving to be every bit, or more, than what you paid for.

 

Anyone who purchased Henry not believing that Murray was a good back is already dazed and confused.  Murray is terrific, but he's other things too, like longer in the tooth and a lame duck.  In Henry, you own an asset with weekly stand alone value on the league's second most elite running team with no pass down specialist on the roster.  If you are belly aching, you lost the forest for the trees long ago.

 

Bring me all of your Henry shares.  I'll gladly take them off your hands.

 

 

 

Edited by Rolling Thunder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

Mavis in here making friends early this morning...

 

Yup,  its embarrassing people like to insult others for opinions. Seems the less educated on Henry wanted to mock those who thought Murray is the stud on the team and the better back, such people should be held accountable for their uneducated bias. Seems peopel need to be aware of those opinions that should not have any value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Henry's season is perfect so far.  He (and just as importantly TN) are proving to be every bit, or more, than what you paid for.

 

Anyone who purchased Henry not believing that Murray was a good back is already dazed and confused.  Murray is terrific, but he's other things too, like longer in the tooth and a lame duck.  In Henry, you own an asset with weekly stand alone value on the leagues second most elite running teams with no pass down specialist on the roster.  If you are belly aching, you lost the forest for the trees long ago.

 

Bring me all of your Henry shares.  I'll gladly take them off your hands.

 

 

 

In dyno, sure...but for this year? Murray is still clearly on top of his game and when he is, he showed his ability is elite. Henry is not elite, yet. I like Henry, have him in dyno and he will be fantastic if Murray does go down. But if Murray is up, believing Henry will be the guy toting the rock is not informed on the teams dynamic.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mavis said:

 

In dyno, sure...but for this year? Murray is still clearly on top of his game and when he is, he showed his ability is elite. Henry is not elite, yet. I like Henry, have him in dyno and he will be fantastic if Murray does go down. But if Murray is up, believing Henry will be the guy toting the rock is not informed on the teams dynamic.  

 

Like so many meandering threads on the this site, a meaningful discussion can't ignore a player's draft context.  Did folks pay more for Henry than they paid for Murray?  Then why talk like they did?

 

When I bought my shares, I was seeing the likes of Woodhead, Peterson, Kelley, Blount, Perkins and a host of other worthless options still on display.  The Hydes, Hunts Cooks and even Andersons were long gone.  

 

Murray has always been a talented RB AND Henry looks every bit the terrific value I thought him to be on draft day.  End of story.

 

Edited by Rolling Thunder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rolling Thunder said:

 

Like so many meandering threads on the this site, a meaningful discussion can't ignore a player's draft context.  Did folks pay more for Henry than they paid for Murray?  Then why talk like they did?

 

When I bought my shares, I was seeing the likes of Woodhead, Peterson, Kelley, Blount, Perkins and a host of other worthless options still on display.  The Hydes, Hunts Cooks and even Andersons were long gone.  

 

Murray has always been a talented RB AND Henry looks every bit the terrific value I thought him to be on draft day.  End of story.

 

 

Not about price now, we are in season...its about performance. People were talking as if Henry was the best RB on the team, he is not. I will not lose my sense of direction on this. I am a fan of both, but we must talk reasonably, and I am not saying you are, I am saying others were not and peopel should take notice of those posts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's easy to be right after they play the game.  This was a fantasy nightmare -- Murray barely practiced during the week, beat writers had him on the wrong side of questionable, and even after he was announced as active the reports were suggesting he was an emergency backup only.

Starting Henry over Murray was the right call based on the information we had before the game started, and it still looked like the right call at halftime.  We only know it was the wrong call now because Murray ripped off that one long run.  We also see that the coaching staff has so much faith in Murray as the starter, that they're not particularly interested in sitting him when he's banged up so they can take a longer look at Henry.

Henry is still worth a roster spot and may even push for FLEX value over the season, but this game made it very clear that it's Murray's backfield even when he's less than 100%.  This is probably a much better time to buy Henry than last week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel bad for @DerrickHenrysCleats the dude probably took 10 min away from a computer and came back to 150 notifications just giving him the stick.

 

I see henrys day as this: Didnt blow up like we expected, but even in standard in a time share got me 6 points. Murray took 1 run 75 yards for 13.5 points. When they finally started to give henry some looks to the outside and not between the tackles, he started grabbing some yards. Granted henry is a big bodied guy that can run between the tackles, its pretty tough if you dont get a clear lane to put your shoulder down through. The difference of murray and henry was one run. If it went the other way, murray owners would have 0 hope...instead us henry owners can bank that murray is still getting older by the day and that hammy could flair up at any time.

 

Its just not as clear cut as we thought. He is most likely getting near a 50/50 split until murray actually has a IA next to his name. Dont forget, Tenn still has to play Henry. He is their future. At 25 he is a FA, they better hope he resigns or their throwing away another pick for another rb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 96mnc locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...