NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, cizastro said:

I'm not upset.  You posted your metrics and I posted mine.  Hence the agree to disagree.  I was just simply responding to the person who didn't seem to understand how Henry was not the clear guy right now.  I do feel that Henry has the much better long-term outlook, but I also understand why Murray is the guy right now. 

Henry's numbers against the Seahawks weren't bad, but from what I remember in that game he didn't start having any success until Murray was back in the game.  He was getting stuffed for 1-3 yards pretty much every play in the first half.  He did not impress me at all that game.  Maybe blowing it was a little extreme.  I just felt he had a chance to finally take the reigns on the starting gig and just didn't do enough to do that.

I get why Henrys not the starter.  All I said was that he's clearly better than Murray and you got defensive. 

1 minute ago, GurleyMan said:

I get why Henrys not the starter.  All I said was that he's clearly better than Murray and you got defensive. 

I own Henry but I don't know if this is accurate. I thought the same after week two but then Murray had a great game afterward and busted off an amazing td run. 

4 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Asks a question about how Henry is better, but doesn't like the answer when it is supported by actual data. Ok got it dude.

metrics don't measure intangibles, stud. if you actually watched the game instead of scouring box scores you'd know that. 

those same data and metrics you parade out would have seen the greatest QB of all time fall right thru the draft. those same metrics saw Jamarcus Russell be one of the biggest bust outs in NFL history. 

just give it up- it's embarrassing watch you flail about trying to salvage your dignity in here. 

hope this helps. 

Edited by bigfatandugly
4 minutes ago, bigfatandugly said:

those same data and metrics you parade out would have seen the greatest QB of all time fall right thru the draft. those same metrics saw Jamarcus Russell be one of the biggest bust outs in NFL history. 

No, they didn't. 

I can't believe that there are 74 pages discussing a BACKUP rb lol. As a Murray and Henry owner I can tell you NEITHER one is impressive. That being said, Murray IS the starter but both will continue to ride my bench.

24 minutes ago, bigfatandugly said:

metrics don't measure intangibles, stud. if you actually watched the game instead of scouring box scores you'd know that. 

just give it up- it's embarrassing watch you flail about trying to salvage your dignity in here. 

hope this helps. 

These aren't workout metrics. They aren't from a combine. The data I posted is from this season and takes into account how the players are actually playing. Funny how you don't know the difference between a workout metric and advanced stats. I think you need to spend less time spewing BS and more time reading and researching so that you are better informed. 

4 hours ago, gus030 said:

You guys can argue about metrics and stats all day but sometimes you just know that when backup rbs have 73 page threads by week6 it's not gonna end pretty, jumping ship

1 minute ago, Baldy8 said:

I can't believe that there are 74 pages discussing a BACKUP rb lol. As a Murray and Henry owner I can tell you NEITHER one is impressive. That being said, Murray IS the starter but both will continue to ride my bench.

Maybe if posters like you would stop coming in and posting how you can't believe Henry's thread is at X pages, it wouldn't be at X pages. But keep putting coal in the fire. His time is coming. 

4 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Demarco has definitely outperformed henry the last 3 weeks. There is literally no debating that and I own Henry. 

I agree, but that's only on paper.  The eye test is damning though (I watch the Titans alot), Murray looked better this week in speed/reaction/overall health.  But you can't give a RB 3-5 carries a game and expect him to perform bomb numbers.  Historically RB's gather a rhythm and start steaming ahead full bore as games go on.  Henry is exactly this type of RB.  Although right now I would agree with you nobody is going to perform without Mariotta whether it be Henry or Murray.

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Maybe if posters like you would stop coming in and posting how you can't believe Henry's thread is at X pages, it wouldn't be at X pages. But keep putting coal in the fire. His time is coming. 

The only way his time is coming is an injury to Murray. Other than that it won't come until 2018. Keep believing though, enjoy. 

Just now, Baldy8 said:

The only way his time is coming is an injury to Murray. Other than that it won't come until 2018. Keep believing though, enjoy. 

I'll keep believing. Those people who held Kamara were rewarded today by seeing AP get traded.

46 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

On quadruple the touches? Astute analyisis on your part.

Wrong. Week 3 Murray had 14 carries for 115 yards and a td. Henry had 13 carries for just 54 yards. Week 4 Murray had 7 carries for 31 yds. Henry had 6 carries for a measly 7 yds. I can only assume they gave Murray more carries last week because he has been producing more than Henry.

16 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Wrong. Week 3 Murray had 14 carries for 115 yards and a td. Henry had 13 carries for just 54 yards. Week 4 Murray had 7 carries for 31 yds. Henry had 6 carries for a measly 7 yds. I can only assume they gave Murray more carries last week because he has been producing more than Henry.

And that Week 3 Murray no doubt had 115 yards but that 75 yard TD at the end was the slowest, longest, saddest run I've seen defensed.  Murray looked like he had 20 pound weights on each leg and the Seahawks looked like they were running on 10% battery.  As stated.....on paper.  Eye test......nope.

42 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Hahaha, i love it, murray has looked pathetic, if you dont think so check out his player thread and take the temparature in there.

Henry is getting back up snaps, not starter snaps like Murray, they telegraph run when henry comes in the game, no rythm or feel with the oline, murray, the starter has all of these things and cant do jack.

Henrys 13 carries for 54 yards is what helped seal the win for the titans, grounding out yards, draining the clock and moving the chains. You, like most detractors in here fail to grasp the concept of situational football. I dont always have time to expound further so many people i dont waste my time responding to, it is just not worth it.

Give Henry the reigns and he will win the Titans games, he won the jacksonville game for them and outproduced leonard fournette with more than twice as many rushing yards on the exact same amount of carries, 14, in fournettes house, and henry was facing the tougher defense.

They give henry double digit carries to salt away the victory against the hawks after Murrays fluky run. If they run murray in the 4th quarter in the hawks game they would lose, murrays split stats from 1st half to 2nd half in football games is over 1ypc less, dropping from over 4ypc to barely over 3. 

Meanwhile, henry, who the defense knows is coming rips off a 25 yard gain for a 1st down against the hawks. Much more impressive to me than a fluky, slow, 75yd TD run.

The titans then proceed to go out and give murray starter snaps in houston and miami where they fail in glorious fashion. Part of the reason they have no identity and lose football games is cause of murray, doesnt dominate 1st halves the way he used to, is not good in the 2nd half, doesnt get stronger as the game gets longer, he gets weaker.

Henry is by far the better running back, not an iota of doubt in my mind about that, the Titans coaching staff, besides RBs coach Sylvester Croom, is totally inept.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hahaha, i love it, murray has looked pathetic, if you dont think so check out his player thread and take the temparature in there.

Henry is getting back up snaps, not starter snaps like Murray, they telegraph run when henry comes in the game, no rythm or feel with the oline, murray, the starter has all of these things and cant do jack.

Henrys 13 carries for 54 yards is what helped seal the win for the titans, grounding out yards, draining the clock and moving the chains. You, like most detractors in here fail to grasp the concept of situational football. I dont always have time to expound further so many people i dont waste my time responding to, it is just not worth it.

Give Henry the reigns and he will win the Titans games, he won the jacksonville game for them and outproduced leonard fournette with more than twice as many rushing yards on the exact same amount of carries, 14, in fournettes house, and henry was facing the tougher defense.

They give henry double digit carries to salt away the victory against the hawks after Murrays fluky run. If they run murray in the 4th quarter in the hawks game they would lose, murrays split stats from 1st half to 2nd half in football games is over 1ypc less, dropping from over 4ypc to barely over 3. 

Meanwhile, henry, who the defense knows is coming rips off a 25 yard gain for a 1st down against the hawks. Much more impressive to me than a fluky, slow, 75yd TD run.

The titans then proceed to go out and give murray starter snaps in houston and miami where they fail in glorious fashion. Part of the reason they have no identity and lose football games is cause of murray, doesnt dominate 1st halves the way he used to, is not good in the 2nd half, doesnt get stronger as the game gets longer, he gets weaker.

Henry is by far the better running back, not an iota of doubt in my mind about that, the Titans coaching staff, besides RBs coach Sylvester Croom, is totally inept.

I don't want to get into a pissing match with you, because it's clear to anyone that you're completely incapable of being objective on the subject of this player...but...

I can't let this one go. You say that Henry was facing the tougher D when he played Jax. 

Jax is literally the worst rush D in the league right now. 

55 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Love how you didn't rebuttal his terrible week 4 stat line. 

• 96mnc locked this topic
  • 96mnc unlocked this topic