NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

I havent seen this much hope for a #2 rb to take the lead from a pro bowl workhorse since cj spiller  vs fred jackson at Buffalo

Ben Tate hype was real...another 2nd rounder. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

17 hours ago, joshua18 said:

"Will be easier to get him in season (i.e. weeks 4-6) once Murray starts off the season well. Henry truthers act as though they can will Murray into a season-ending injury with their enthusiasm." 

Not exactly, nor is he just another handcuff who needs injury to attain a relevant amount of volume. Yes, they've said that Murray is the guy but they've also said they want to get Henry more involved. About a month ago Henry was a 9th-rounder for me in a 12-team standard. I have a lot of RBs in front of him, so if I end up needing one, it won't be his fault. If there's an owner in my league thinking along the same dreamy scenario you envision, I'm sorry but he's woefully miscalculated. That 45 oz. bat made of lightweight aluminum isn't going anywhere! Could be wrong, but if you pass on this guy you had better pray to your god the Titans don't start 5-7 and out of contention! It's going to be nothing, NOTHING at all for Henry to walk into Mularkey's office and say: Mike, whether to bring DeMarco back, I can make that decision really simple for you!    

37 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Could be wrong, but if you pass on this guy you had better pray to your god the Titans don't start 5-7 and out of contention!

I was going to agree with you, then I realized that 8-8 in the AFC South might legitimately be enough to make the playoffs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Keeping him in  a three keeper dynasty league after drafting him last year. It's  not a matter of If but when. He's got more talent than all of the backs coming out in this years class. I'll wait. 

30 minutes ago, Dr. Dumas said:

Henry was dropped in my 18 man keeper Dynasty league.  After Fournette, Mixon, Cook and McCafferty is he a better pickup than the next tier of backs Perine,  Hunt, Kamara or Marshaun Lynch)?

Lol @ the idiot who would drop Henry in a dynasty league.

2 hours ago, Dr. Dumas said:

Henry was dropped in my 18 man keeper Dynasty league.  After Fournette, Mixon, Cook and McCafferty is he a better pickup than the next tier of backs Perine,  Hunt, Kamara or Marshaun Lynch)?

I would rather have Henry over any of those backs instead of maybe Mixon.

Well I got him at 1.06 in my rookie draft, after the big 5 went ahead of him and Lynch went right behind.  I had a hard time passing on Hunt because I have Ware, but there's just too much potential to pass.  I hope I'm right.

Well I got him at 1.06 in my rookie draft, after the big 5 went ahead of him and Lynch went right behind.  I had a hard time passing on Hunt because I have Ware, but there's just too much potential to pass.  I hope I'm right.

Uh, wut?

Henry was a rookie last year.

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christia

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN Titans reporter Cameron Wolfe believes it's "not unrealistic" that Derrick Henry "could come close" to doubling his total yards from 2016 to 2017.

As a rookie, Henry rushed 110 times for 490 yards and five touchdowns, adding 13 catches for another 137 yards. Henry has reportedly looked even better in training camp this year, and the Titans have been getting him more pass-game looks and working both he and DeMarco Murray into the backfield at the same time. In order for Henry to double his yards, he'd need to push for around 200 touches. That seems hard to do if Murray stays healthy and the Titans putting more on Marcus Mariota and the passing game's plate. Henry is an elite No. 2 back and possibly the top "handcuff" to own in fantasy. He carries some RB3/4 standalone appeal.

So that would be 220 carries for 980 yards and 10 TDs and 26 catches for 274 yards.

Would be impressive for a back up RB.

Stand alone flex value every week if that is the case and worth of a 6th rounder

12 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

This guy is a beast.  I will try to get him in all 3 leagues I am in.  If Murray goes down.  Lotto ticket.  Plus he could make for flex option he starts getting all the goal line carries.

He won't get all the goal line carries.

But he should get enough volume this year to be a serviceable flex even if Murray plays 16 games.

Edited by Lord_Varys
1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

He won't get all the goal line carries.

But he should get enough volume this year to be a serviceable flex even if Murray plays 16 games.

not to mention Marriota likes to run in some of those goal line carries himself

9 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

not to mention Marriota likes to run in some of those goal line carries himself

After breaking his fibia, he probably had a long time to think about longevity in regards to his career.  

1 hour ago, svtballa said:

Love him this year.  1k total yards easy.  you heard it here first

Only if Demarco goes down and misses significant time.  And this is coming from a Titans(and Henry) fan.  But long-term?  He has plenty of 1k seasons to come.

• 96mnc locked this topic
  • 96mnc unlocked this topic
  • 96mnc locked and unlocked this topic
  • 96mnc locked and unlocked this topic