NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

There seems to be a lot of "Henry's only path to relevance is a Murray injury".  I do think people are discounting the fact that Murray is 29 years old and has over 1400 carries.  I don't expect Murray to fall off a cliff production wise this year, but I certainly think it is possible that his skills regress enough that the Titans give Henry a higher percentage of the carries at some point.  

13 minutes ago, Millertime81 said:

There seems to be a lot of "Henry's only path to relevance is a Murray injury".  I do think people are discounting the fact that Murray is 29 years old and has over 1400 carries.  I don't expect Murray to fall off a cliff production wise this year, but I certainly think it is possible that his skills regress enough that the Titans give Henry a higher percentage of the carries at some point.  

it's literally been brought up every 5 comments - if it were discounted DH wouldn't be a 6th rounder.. 

4 hours ago, Millertime81 said:

The Titans offense should be good this year, but what do we think about there defense this year?  Henry maybe the king of garbage time stats this year if the Titans consistently have the lead in the 4th quarter.

Dline is beast but their secondary is still a question mark.

4 hours ago, Millertime81 said:

Given the history of Murray's injuries, (and I know he was healthy for a full season last year), I fully expect Henry to make his 'break out'  in 2017.

1 hour ago, lavaman said:

Given the history of Murray's injuries, (and I know he was healthy for a full season last year), I fully expect Henry to make his 'break out'  in 2017.

He really doesn't have an awful injury history.  He's missed a small part of the season almost all the time, but he hasn't had many catastrophic injuries, and plays through a lot of dings (mostly effectively). 

Just now, jbshaw said:

He really doesn't have an awful injury history.  He's missed a small part of the season almost all the time, but he hasn't had many catastrophic injuries, and plays through a lot of dings (mostly effectively). 

While it may not be awful, it's something every fantasy player should be well-aware.

Risk is park of the game, I just tend to eliminate as much risk as possible when I draft.

1 minute ago, lavaman said:

While it may not be awful, it's something every fantasy player should be well-aware.

Risk is park of the game, I just tend to eliminate as much risk as possible when I draft.

Oh, if I'm a Murray owner, I'm drafting Henry 100%.  Even when Murray's healthy, Henry is a good flex.  However, I wouldn't draft Henry as a high-likelihood-of-injury-to-starter handcuff, at least not solely based on counting on Murray to be hurt for extended time.

1 hour ago, lavaman said:

Drafting a backup RB in an early round would be one of the riskiest strategies. 

6 minutes ago, Ravensdan said:

Drafting a backup RB in an early round would be one of the riskiest strategies. 

Well if Murray goes down, Henry would probably be a top 10 RB option every week. 

How many 6th round picks can offer you that?

6 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Well if Murray goes down, Henry would probably be a top 10 RB option every week. 

Heres an example 6th round. :

Marshall

Eifert

riddick 

Garcon

Russ Wilson

Woodhead

Ingram

Manny Sanders

crowder

powell 

Coleman 

cj Anderson

every one of these dudes are going to contribute to your team regardless of someone ahead of them getting injured. Don't necessarily like all these guys in this round but every one is for sure a better value than Henry. 

31 minutes ago, Ravensdan said:

Marshall

Eifert

riddick 

Garcon

Russ Wilson

Woodhead

Ingram

Manny Sanders

crowder

powell 

Coleman 

cj Anderson

every one of these dudes are going to contribute to your team regardless of someone ahead of them getting injured. Don't necessarily like all these guys in this round but every one is for sure a better value than Henry. 

And yet, not one of those guys on that list has the potential to be a top 10 RB option like Henry does. 

3 hours ago, PolarBear said:

And yet, not one of those guys on that list has the potential to be a top 10 RB option like Henry does. 

Image result for uhh no gif

Ingram was 8th overall last year.

Riddick was 8th in PPG last year.

Woodhead was 3rd overall in 2015.

CJA was 11th overall in 2014.

Powell was a top 5 back after Forte went down last year.

Coleman would absolutely be a top 10 back if Freeman went down.

Literally EVERY SINGLE BACK on that list has already shown top 10 potential.

23 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Image result for uhh no gif

Ingram was 8th overall last year.

Riddick was 8th in PPG last year.

Woodhead was 3rd overall in 2015.

CJA was 11th overall in 2014.

Powell was a top 5 back after Forte went down last year.

Coleman would absolutely be a top 10 back if Freeman went down.

Literally EVERY SINGLE BACK on that list has already shown top 10 potential.

Living in the past.  I will give you Coleman and Powell. 

The others, not so much.  

45 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

The others, not so much.  

Since the suggestion is that Henry would be a good 6th round pick IF Murray misses time, I'd suggest that Ingram is as good or better a 6th round pick if AP misses time AND he is likely a better choice if neither Murray or AP miss time.

I agree though that Murray owners are prudent to consider acquiring Henry, but unfortunately, it will take a late 5th or very early 6th to probably seal the deal.  Because most Murray owners will probably be drafting at the end of 12 teamers, their last chance to acquire Henry will usually be at the 5th/6th round turn.

Edited by Rolling Thunder
46 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

The others, not so much.  

Woodhead and Anderson are the only 2 remotely living in the past. The others played like that the last time they were on the field.

4 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

Since the suggestion is that Henry would be a good 6th round pick IF Murray misses time, I'd suggest that Ingram is as good or better a 6th round pick if AP misses time AND he is likely a better choice if neither Murray or AP miss time.

I agree though that Murray owners are prudent to consider acquiring Henry, but unfortunately, it will take a late 5th or very early 6th to probably seal the deal.  Because most Murray owners will probably be drafting at the end of 12 teamers, their last chance to acquire Henry will usually be at the 5th/6th round turn.

I guess you are not familiar with how much Sean Peyton hates Mark Ingram

10 hours ago, Ravensdan said:

Marshall

Eifert

riddick 

Garcon

Russ Wilson

Woodhead

Ingram

Manny Sanders

crowder

powell 

Coleman 

cj Anderson

Henry is also going to contribute to your team regardless of someone ahead of him getting injured.

9 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Top 5 potential. If Murray is out, Henry can be every bit as productive as Ezekiel Elliot. TEN has a great o-line, an easy RB schedule, and Henry passes the eyeball test with flying colors.

10 hours ago, PolarBear said:

you can say the same thing for mcfadden colman powell ingram IF someone goes down 

38 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

you can say the same thing for mcfadden colman powell ingram IF someone goes down 

Zeke and Freeman are young. Not the same injury risk. 

Forte and Peterson injuries would certainly open things up for Powell and Ingram.  They're worthy mid round picks. But Henry is better than both, and the situation is better too. 

• 96mnc locked this topic
  • 96mnc unlocked this topic
  • 96mnc locked and unlocked this topic
  • 96mnc locked and unlocked this topic