NBC Sports Edge Forums

5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Wait, so just to be clear two days ago he wasn't good enough for you to start over M Ingram, M Lynch, and Alex freaking Collins, and now he's a top 4 running back? Got it. Continue fighting the good fight! 

Are you dense? 

Before last night Henry had less than 9 carries in back to back games.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since I have joined this forum this is the greatest post I have seen and it's not even close.

YOU STARTED ALEX COLLINS?!?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Yeah I hear ya. Because Henry is a bigger back he's not going to be as quick and will have a lesser ability to make cuts and change directions. But he makes up for it with his ability to power through for more yards. I mean that's just the reality of being a bigger back. I think his vision should improve as he gets more experience.

I also do not see Henry as one of the elite backs. But he can be an above average back in a good run offense. And that has a lot of value.

Can you define what an average back is?

When I see Henry play he does not look like an average back to me. An average back to me is Isaiah Crowell or Giovonni Bernard. 

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry is a top 4 RB now that DJ is on IR.

Last weekend waa the beginning of tge end for Murray.

Its over, Murray in his prime last year wasnt better than Henry, he just got all the work

Coaches are reluctant to make changes but job security and W's will force their hand.

You will never see Henrys bruising effect on a defense till he gets 20+ carries a game.

He got 92 on 14? Give him 22 carries and he will likely give you 150 and 2 TDs.

He catches too so 5 for 50 isnt out of the question.

Cant wait till they stable Murray and let the thoroughbread henry open it up.

Context for clarity.

This was when murray couldnt stay on the field due to injury and everyone thought henry was going to be the starter. You twist words out of context to try and feed your narrative, doesnt work on me though.

Thanks for posting the entire thing so it looks even dumber.

You stated he is a top 4 RB ROS. It's as simple as that. Nowhere in your post do you state he is top 4 as long as Murray is out. You even state in your own post that it's over.

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He outproduced fournette head to head in college and now in the NFL.

You really don't attribute any of that to the offenses surrounding them?

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He is a different style of rb, obviously he is not a small shifty jitterbug through the hole. Why does that even need to be mentioned? Everyone should know that.

I'm not saying that he is limited because he's not Tarik Cohen.  Most (all?) elite RBs are very quick in short spaces and have the ability to create laterally.  Unless you run a VERY specific offense it's hard to be a true feature back without those skills.  It severely limits a RB if they cannot create yards on their own.  Name one elite RB playing today who is as stiff and runs as upright at Henry.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Why do you think Henry is not elite? Cause some guys on the internet said that he wasnt?

I provided an explanation about why I don't like Henry as a player and used scouting reports for support.  If I was submitting to group think I would be on the Derrick Henry bandwagon like most fantasy players.

Just now, Gohawks said:

Thanks for posting the entire thing so it looks even dumber.

You stated he is a top 4 RB ROS. It's as simple as that. Nowhere in your post do you state he is top 4 as long as Murray is out. You even state in your own post that it's over.

That post was in a series of posts when discussing murray being out and henry taking over the starting rb. The end of the post even says cant wait till they stable murray so henry can take over.

That does not feed your narrative so you wont mention any of that.

5 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

You've been around rotoworld for a while now right? You know that everyone always overreacts to every tiny thing right? haha that's just how these forums are.

It's not just on here.  After last year if you went on rotoworld, reddit, or any dynasty forums it's perceived as a given that Henry is an elite RB talent.

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

You really don't attribute any of that to the offenses surrounding them?

I'm not saying that he is limited because he's not Tarik Cohen.  Most (all?) elite RBs are very quick in short spaces and have the ability to create laterally.  Unless you run a VERY specific offense it's hard to be a true feature back without those skills.  It severely limits a RB if they cannot create yards on their own.  Name one elite RB playing today who is as stiff and runs as upright at Henry.

I provided an explanation about why I don't like Henry as a player and used scouting reports for support.  If I was submitting to group think I would be on the Derrick Henry bandwagon like most fantasy players.

So mariota handing the ball to henry with rishard matthews and delanie walker running routes is the reason henry was better than fournette?

Or are you just putting it on the Olines? In college and the nfl?

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So mariota handing the ball to henry with rishard matthews and delanie walker running routes is the reason henry was better than fournette?

Or are you just putting it on the Olines? In college and the nfl?

I was referring to Fournette and Henry in college, as I assumed you were.  Were you trying to say that Henry has outproduced Fournette in the NFL?

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Why do you think Henry is not elite? Cause some guys on the internet said that he wasnt?

Let me reiterate what I don't like about Henry:

He's a stiff, upright runner with poor vision who can't make defenders miss, and lacks the vision + lateral ability + quickness to create for himself, thus limiting whatever offense he plays on.

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That post was in a series of posts when discussing murray being out and henry taking over the starting rb. The end of the post even says cant wait till they stable murray so henry can take over.

That does not feed your narrative so you wont mention any of that.

You assumed that Henry had just taken over for Murray. That assumption went into your prediction. Which makes it laughably wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

It's not just on here.  After last year if you went on rotoworld, reddit, or any dynasty forums it's perceived as a given that Henry is an elite RB talent.

He is.

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

I was referring to Fournette and Henry in college, as I assumed you were.  Were you trying to say that Henry has outproduced Fournette in the NFL?

Yes, week 2 this year.

Henry more than doubled Fournettes production on the same amount of carries.

No, you are right he was surrounded by more talent at Alabama than Fournette at LSU

He's a stiff, upright runner with poor vision who can't make defenders miss, and lacks the vision + lateral ability + quickness to create for himself, thus limiting whatever offense he plays on.

Dont need to make em miss when you can run over him and make him doubt his willingness to come in that gap again.

6 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Didn't he outrun Bostic and like 2 DBS on is long run last game? and break like 2 tackles lol. I don't think you've been paying any attention at all. And f--- scouting reports, they all said trent richardson was the next barry sanders. 

Edited by NeroVendict
6 minutes ago, NeroVendict said:

Didn't he make bostic run on is long run last game? and break like 2 tackles lol. I don't think you've been paying any attention at all. And f--- scouting reports, they all said trent richardson was the next barry sanders. 

I'm pretty sure Henry found a crease on the outside and used his long speed to breakaway.

Im not sure what to tell you if you can't differentiate between that play and what I'm referring to.

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He is.

Yes, week 2 this year.

Henry more than doubled Fournettes production on the same amount of carries.

No, you are right he was surrounded by more talent at Alabama than Fournette at LSU

So...Henry has been more impressive than Fournette in the NFL because he rushed for more yards in week 2. 

Got it.

The last RW blurb is so stupid. People get paid for that? Henry will be a solid player.

But to say he ran circles around Murray? Both looked average. That TD drive by Murray was the best between the two until Henry exploded for that 72 yard TD. Henry was 18 for 59 before that. Whoa! 3.3 average!

Murray didn't do much better, but it didn't even mention he was gimpy!

So...Henry has been more impressive than Fournette in the NFL because he rushed for more yards in week 2. 

Got it.

Cleats is trying to hard.... he has lost it since we all seen he benched Henry 

15 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I'm pretty sure Henry found a crease on the outside and used his long speed to breakaway.

Im not sure what to tell you if you can't differentiate between that play and what I'm referring to.

Thats not entirely true, he almost went out of bounds, cut inside, made people miss then outran that LB for the TD.

I'm not one of the fanatical Henry owners but that run was impressive and showed what Henry is capable of. I don't see a reason to downplay it. 

• 96mnc locked this topic
  • 96mnc unlocked this topic