NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelvin Benjamin 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Solid performance and looked good out there. I have to give Philly 's defense credit, though. They played the defensive game of the year(not fantasy wise but in reality).

The were ailing but you couldn't tell.

And I cut him to pick up Funchess. Sigh

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy with KB's production. He's now had 3 straight weeks of solid production. Don't know why anyone would drop Funchess for KB, it's not like he was doing horrible, Funchess was just catching the TD's. His next 4 weeks look great: Chicago, Tampa Bay, Atlanta and Miami.

KB is a lock for my WR2.

Edited by TheLegacy
11 minutes ago, TheLegacy said:

Happy with KB's production. He's now had 3 straight weeks of solid production. Don't know why anyone would drop Funchess for KB, it's not like he was doing horrible, Funchess was just catching the TD's. His next 4 weeks look great: Chicago, Tampa Bay, Atlanta and Miami.

KB is a lock for my WR2.

He is locked and loaded WR2 check his remaining schedule! Take out his New Orleans game where he left early and he has been a big bargain given his ADP.

Thoughts on his RoS? Seems like there's gonna be a lot of mouths to feed in Carolina.

He had an awesome game with 9 targets last week, but do you guys see this being consistent moving forward? I know he had his injury in the beginning of the season, but why did his targets drop in the weeks previous to his big games? 

Seems like the narrative of Funchess being hurt fits in perfectly, but the narrative of 1A and 1B also works. Sorry if any of this is repetitive, but wanna gauge his value RoS.

Benjamin left practice today?  I really hope it was a family thing, mid week injuries during practice are a bit concerning.  Would rather have heard he sat out of practice blah blah blah, looks to possibly be a rest day blah blah blah.

Just now, KuNiT21 said:

Benjamin left practice today?  I really hope it was a family thing, mid week injuries during practice are a bit concerning.  Would rather have heard he sat out of practice blah blah blah, looks to possibly be a rest day blah blah blah.

Said his knee...

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Said his knee...

Yeah but.

Via Bill Voth of the team’s official website, Benjamin left practice early Wednesday and was listed as not participating. It’s unclear if he aggravated the previous injury or if there’s another problem, or whether they anticipated it.

This sounds to me like they should of just said, "We really have no idea why he left early"

On 10/13/2017 at 10:52 AM, TennisMenace said:

And I cut him to pick up Funchess. Sigh

LOLOL. What a terrible decision. You must just Chase points on the waiver wire all season. 

You drop Michael Thomas for taywan Taylor this week? LOL

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
4 minutes ago, Bravesfan155 said:

Benjamin was removed from Wednesday's practice after re-injuring his left knee, David Newton of ESPN.com reports.

As a Devon Funchess owner,  I don't hate this.   Having a hard try I've been trying to decide between Funchess and John Brown at WR3.    If Benjamin is inactive, I'd have my answer.

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

It has to be a flair up of what ever he did to his knee last week. Has anyone come out to say exactly what issue he is dealing with?

DL_O4LxXkAEEvJf.jpg

When they pointed this out during the game, I kinda threw up in my mouth a little bit. His knee had to flare up today, but him leaving practice is reason for concern. 

7 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

That's what I am wondering. I haven't heard anything official about what he is dealing with. Other than just vague "knee" injury. 

I have wrecked about everything in my knee including ligaments, meniscus, cartilage and whatever else you can do but it never looked like that. That guy is toast.

1 minute ago, Silkk1211 said:

Looks like a dislocated knee cap to me but I doubt he could have kept playing if that's what it was.

That's what I thought but then that guy deserves a nobel prize for toughness. Damn, that hurts just thinking about it.

5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I have wrecked about everything in my knee including ligaments, meniscus, cartilage and whatever else you can do but it never looked like that. That guy is toast.

That's what I thought but then that guy deserves a nobel prize for toughness. Damn, that hurts just thinking about it.

It's not his kneecap.  It's either soft tissue swelling or a localized effusion (inflammatory fluid collection).  You can see his ACL scar to the left of it.  

29 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

localized effusion (inflammatory fluid collection).  You can see his ACL scar to the left of it.  

I had to check that very quickly because to be honest I cannot watch that :s

You sound knowledgeable - the more common term is "water on the knee", right?

"Using the R.I.C.E. formula, swelling often goes down in 1 to 3 days. If swelling does not go down within a few days of starting R.I.C.E., or if swelling and pain worsen, contact a doctor."

Benjamin did not practice Wednesday, which is consistent with that, so I guess we need to wait a bit and see whether he returns to practice or is sent for an MRI?

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

I had to check that very quickly because to be honest I cannot watch that :s

You sound knowledgeable - the more common term is "water on the knee", right?

Yes, "water on the knee" is the non-medical phrase that is frequently used. It's not actually water but an overproduction of synovial fluid, the natural lubricant of the knee.  The fluid is actually somewhat thick and cloudy (not thin and clear like water) containing a number of factors, including proteins as well as other natural lubricants.  In the event of an injury or infection, this fluid is overproduced to protect the joint.   Depending on the injury (infection, trauma, gout) a joint effusion may also include white blood cells and the anti-inflammatory chemicals that these cells produce,  along with red blood cells.

12 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

In the event of an injury or infection, this fluid is overproduced to protect the joint.

The fact that it is such a huge ball, does that say something about the severity off the potential injury or is that unrelated?

And what is the prognosis? Obviously I'm trying to understand whether he could play this weekend; without any further knowledge or info from the team, would you say that's 80%, 50% or 20% chance he can have a meaningful game?

Again, I've had plenty knee issues (and played through some of them) but never this size lump.