NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kelvin Benjamin 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

The fact that it is such a huge ball, does that say something about the severity off the potential injury or is that unrelated?

And what is the prognosis? Obviously I'm trying to understand whether he could play this weekend; without any further knowledge or info from the team, would you say that's 80%, 50% or 20% chance he can have a meaningful game?

Again, I've had plenty knee issues (and played through some of them) but never this size lump.

It's actually not as huge as it may look. It's only about 2/3 the size of his ACL repair scar.   The fact that there was apparently no structural damage on the MRI means that the likelihood of him missing an extended period of time is low. They may just have to decide whether to have him keep playing through the injury with ongoing inflammation and swelling versus giving him a week or two of rest get back to full strength or close to it.   Unfortunately, their bye week isn't until week 11.

Edited by Patsgofor6

38 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

They may just have to decide whether to have him keep playing through the injury with ongoing inflammation and swelling versus giving him a week or two of rest get back to full strength or close to it.   Unfortunately, their bye week isn't until week 11.

As a human being I say to give the guy some rest. As a fantasy owner I say shoot him some painkiller and let's go.

The picture of his knee was brought up in the Weekly Injury thread a couple weeks ago.  I'm not going back to look for it but apparently this is what his knee always looks like.  Not saying it's insignificant, but he plays with it every week.

Edited by kelle1sa

3 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

The picture of his knee was brought up in the Weekly Injury thread a couple weeks ago.  I'm not going back to look for it but apparently this is what his knee always looks like.  Not saying it's insignificant, but he plays with it every week.

It couldn't have been from several weeks ago as that picture was taken last week on TNF. 7 days ago. 

3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

It couldn't have been from several weeks ago as that picture was taken last week on TNF. 7 days ago. 

Sorry, I should have stated "A" picture of his knee.  Unfortunately for me, since I brought it up, can't exactly remember which thread it was, but it was stated that is how is knee always looked.  Should have confirmed before I posted.

Not practicing again today.

But going back on what one of you said earlier... I remember in the game day thread a few people were like WTF is on his knee?! it legit looked nuts on TV like his knee cap had rotated to the side of his knee. But someone mentioned that that's just how his knee looks and since Benjamin was playing fine and no one on the broadcast said anything, I assumed he was right.

But now that he's not practicing, it's a bit worrisome....

3 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Head coach Ron Rivera said Thursday that Benjamin's knee is swollen, spurring a doctor's visit, Max Henson of the Panthers' official site reports.

Not good...

I swear I have the worst luck in the league I own KB. My WR's in that league:

KB, Pryor, Jordy, Hogan. Oh my RB's in that league you ask? Murray, Lynch, Collins, Rawls, Kamara, Doug.  /CSB

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I've got some nasty choices to make with in one team Benjamin, Parker and Murray all with injuries that could severely hurt their ROS lookout. That needs some proper thinking.

I feel your pain. Hard choices coming up for me as well. No IR in my league.

It's not even about I/R, I think. The question right now is: do you trust Benjamin (et al) during the play-offs, or will you be afraid to play him?

Right now, I think that if he gets 2-3 weeks of rest, yes, he can be a force. If they ride him till the wheels come off, not so much. That's why I'd prefer for management to protect him and force him to take a rest.

Edited by Boudewijn

14 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It's not even about I/R, I think. The question right now is: do you trust Benjamin (et al) during the play-offs, or will you be afraid to play him?

Right now, I think that if he gets 2-3 weeks of rest, yes, he can be a force. If they ride him till the wheels come off, not so much. That's why I'd prefer for management to protect him and force him to take a rest.

Well, I meant my fantasy team has no IR so I cannot get an extra roster space as some other posters can. I am not so sure I trust Cam to feed him the ball in the playoffs even if healthy but I do like the matchups. Olsen's impending return does not boost my confidence.

2 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Well, I meant my fantasy team has no IR so I cannot get an extra roster space as some other posters can. I am not so sure I trust Cam to feed him the ball in the playoffs even if healthy but I do like the matchups. Olsen's impending return does not boost my confidence.

Olsen isn't back yet and he might not be the same, Cam isn't running the ball as much and their RBs cant get a yard if they paid for it, they will throw the ball and they will throw it a lot. 

Some good news for KB owners:

Kelvin Benjamin (knee) returned to practice Friday.

He's not out of the woods, yet, but Benjamin's appearance at practice at least gives us hope he could play Sunday against the Bears. In a game likely to be played at a snail's pace with the Bears trying to control the clock while also trotting out an underrated defense, Benjamin is a tough fantasy play.
Source: ESPN.com
Oct 20 - 11:40 AM

looks like he's got a good shot to play.  Gonna have to flex him unfortunately.  Hope his knee doesn't flare up during the game if he plays.  Hopefully fournette sits so I can flex Ivory instead.  I'd recommend using other options as a WR3/flex if possible.  Risky play here.

5 minutes ago, bemsha said:

looks like he's got a good shot to play.  Gonna have to flex him unfortunately.  Hope his knee doesn't flare up during the game if he plays.  Hopefully fournette sits so I can flex Ivory instead.  I'd recommend using other options as a WR3/flex if possible.  Risky play here.

Who's riskiest? KB, Pryor, Rawls