NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelvin Benjamin 2017 Season Outlook

Not sure how I feel about this. Cam just was not looking his way very often, Kelvin has a easier schedule now ROS. Tyrod can chuck It too, basically this week is his Bye week... I don't Think he will be prepped in time for the TNF game but If he's active I am definitely starting him. 

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Too bad Bills have a Thursday game. I see no scenario of him playing this week. As if I wasn't screwed enough with no Leveon, Keenan, or Cooks :(

I’m missing the same 3, plus Hogan. I’m going to have to play Corey Davis and KB this week and hope he lines up because I literally have no other options. Don’t think I’m winning this week :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Vegemite2 said:

I’m missing the same 3, plus Hogan. I’m going to have to play Corey Davis and KB this week and hope he lines up because I literally have no other options. Don’t think I’m winning this week :rolleyes:

Ouch.  Benjamin won’t play.  He probably won’t even get to buffalo until tomorrow. 

33 minutes ago, Vegemite2 said:

Time to pick someone up....KB is not playing. Don’t give up a slot. 

32 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Ouch.  Benjamin won’t play.  He probably won’t even get to buffalo until tomorrow. 

Why wouldn't he play? Game is 48 hours away...plenty of time. Besides, he's not a route technician anyway. 

24 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Why wouldn't he play? Game is 48 hours away...plenty of time. Besides, he's not a route technician anyway. 

The truth is nobody knows yet.  Obviously he won't have a grasp of the playbook yet, however I could see him still getting in the game for obvious passing situations.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him get as much as 30 snaps although that's probably a little high.  Have him run some go routes and some slants, I'm sure Tyrod will want to take a couple shots with him.

28 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You how it is, making millions and all that effort to wear a different jersey and learn a handful of plays.....such a rough life

4 hours ago, Corleone said:

It's not like there are any WR's in Buffalo that are going to compete for targets

What worries me is that they've been force feeding Zay Jones all season, despite the obvious and utter failure (last week he finally managed to catch over 50% for the first time).

It makes me think that either there is something going on in Buffalo I don't know (very possible) or else their coaches are not thinking very clearly. In either case it means a downgrade for Benjamin for me, until I see him play next week. Even if he plays on Thursday I'll bench him with confidence.

Blast, I need this guy. The situation in Carolina wasn't good but I really really hope it didn't jyst get worse.

18 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

What worries me is that they've been force feeding Zay Jones all season, despite the obvious and utter failure (last week he finally managed to catch over 50% for the first time).

It makes me think that either there is something going on in Buffalo I don't know (very possible) or else their coaches are not thinking very clearly. In either case it means a downgrade for Benjamin for me, until I see him play next week. Even if he plays on Thursday I'll bench him with confidence.

Blast, I need this guy. The situation in Carolina wasn't good but I really really hope it didn't jyst get worse.

I think it will work out for you overall (though I can understand benching him on the short week with him having no time with Buffalo yet, as long as you have a reasonable contingency plan for this week). For Zay, I think Buffalo has been force feeding him due to lack of options and the fact that they invested a 2nd round pick on him. But they realize it isn't working with him, and are hoping Benjamin is the final piece to get them a long-overdue playoff berth. 

13 minutes ago, Corleone said:

But they realize it isn't working with him,

I hope you're right or else there's little hope for either them or KB

13 minutes ago, Corleone said:

and are hoping Benjamin is the final piece to get them a long-overdue playoff berth. 

It's clear this is what they're thinking. But it should get Benjamin a couple weeks at least to catch up with the new playbook, so I think us owners need to count week 9-11 out for production. If it all works out he could be back in week 13-16 with a vengenance though.

Just my .02 $.

19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I hope you're right or else there's little hope for either them or KB

It's clear this is what they're thinking. But it should get Benjamin a couple weeks at least to catch up with the new playbook, so I think us owners need to count week 9-11 out for production. If it all works out he could be back in week 13-16 with a vengenance though.

Just my .02 $.

Agreed. And with Benjamin having already been due out in Week 11 for Carolina's bye, it is not too bad of a hit and worth the potential end-of-season paydirt. 

I think it's a great trade for both teams considering their respective circumstances.

If Humpty Dumpty (KB) can be held together he gives the Bills a shot to advance into the playoffs. 

CAR got a decent 3rd rd pick to rid themselves of a constantly-injured albatross with hope for the future and not necessarily a key part of their team.

Maybe someone here can explain this to me.

Panthers GM Marty Hurney said on Wednesday the Kelvin Benjamin trade was executed in an effort to "clear out the box" and allow the "run game to flourish" in Carolina.

4 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Maybe someone here can explain this to me.

I think the Panthers want a faster WR on the outside so the safeties can play further back. The farther away safeties are form the LOS, the greater the potential to run the ball. They expect to run with 7 in the box instead of 8. I'm not sure what the WR talent level is on that team, but that's what I took from his comment. Benjamin is too slow to stretch the field.

Edited by Newtown