NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelvin Benjamin 2017 Season Outlook

14 minutes ago, Vegemite2 said:

That wasn't actually said was it?? Idiotic if true.

"Big-bodied Benjamin was playing close to the line of scrimmage in the slot, and the Panthers want to get things spread out more. They need McCaffrey to step it up in the running game." Source: WFNZ Charlotte

Whatthehell.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Ummmm......Benjamin was playing the slot? If so, wasnt it because he is a big bodies receiver whom they can use to help block on running plays?  Or maybe, the coaching staff are idiots. As a defense, if I saw KB in the slot, I think it's safe to assume it might be a run play. Why not just have KB spread out? I'm totally confused by this lmao.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

"Big-bodied Benjamin was playing close to the line of scrimmage in the slot, and the Panthers want to get things spread out more. They need McCaffrey to step it up in the running game." Source: WFNZ Charlotte

Whatthehell.gif?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

Ummmm......Benjamin was playing the slot? If so, wasnt it because he is a big bodies receiver whom they can use to help block on running plays?  Or maybe, the coaching staff are idiots. As a defense, if I saw KB in the slot, I think it's safe to assume it might be a run play. Why not just have KB spread out? I'm totally confused by this lmao.

No way can you believe that his trade is opening up the run game. If anything, it just hurt the run game. When you dont have multiple rec options who can spread you out, you load the box. Mccaffrey is now in the NFL not college and his stats are showing that. If anything running gets hampered and they go back to relying on the pass and maybe get cam running again. 

Is he actually gonna play? Hard to imagine, he was traded last minute on Tuesday, so he gets to Buffalo Tuesday night and Wednesday was a travel day for the team...if he does play, very limited snap count, maybe around red zone? I’m leaning towards sitting him

4 hours ago, CDotSug said:

Is he actually gonna play? Hard to imagine, he was traded last minute on Tuesday, so he gets to Buffalo Tuesday night and Wednesday was a travel day for the team...if he does play, very limited snap count, maybe around red zone? I’m leaning towards sitting him

Really depends on who else you got.

I'm forced to play him due to Byes, but I'm sure they'll involve him in the RZ - I mean that's WHY they traded for him. I think he'll be a decent play.

I haven't read the whole topic since the trade, but what's the general outlook here? I'm playing against him, and it would be funny if the guy I'm playing (who is starting KB) wasn't paying attention and KB got ruled as an inactive or something funny like that.

He can't not be active, right?

3 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

I haven't read the whole topic since the trade, but what's the general outlook here? I'm playing against him, and it would be funny if the guy I'm playing (who is starting KB) wasn't paying attention and KB got ruled as an inactive or something funny like that.

He can't not be active, right?

I guess he could be. The outlook ROS is positive to me. If he and Taylor can get on the same page quickly.

outlook tonight? I’d rather be playing him after being traded two days ago. I wouldn’t start him unless my other choices were guys like Snead, Pryor, etc.

what's this guy's value right now? I'm thinking about moving him before it's too late, Buffalo is at the bottom in pass attempts if I recall. Hard to imagine they change their offense style because of him

Edited by calibar
2 minutes ago, calibar said:

what's this guy's value right now? I'm thinking about moving him before it's too late, Buffalo is at the bottom in pass attempts if I recall. Hard to imagine they change their offense style because of him

Great question. I’m hoping he is a WR3 with upside. Upside being a TD target. 

In in the end, he probably is worth about what he was before the trade. Bills have a sweet schedule, which is nice.

1 hour ago, Butters said:

I wouldn’t start him unless my other choices were guys like Snead, Pryor, etc.

Gah, Corey Davis off an injury, Shepard off an injury, Alshon versus Denver... I really really don't want to play him tonight, but it might happen if he's active. 

Cue 2 days of hating myself and this stupid game in T-minus 4 hours.