NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelvin Benjamin 2017 Season Outlook

He is still learning the system, he will be out, but I do not expect much, you CANT expect much. But if he is open, he will get fed. At the same time, Saints passing defense is surprisingly REALLY good this year, and you know Latimoore will be on him. I may keep him benched this week.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

He is still learning the system, he will be out, but I do not expect much, you CANT expect much. But if he is open, he will get fed. At the same time, Saints passing defense is surprisingly REALLY good this year, and you know Latimoore will be on him. I may keep him benched this week.

He does have familiarity with the HC though, so that could help the transition to a new team. McDermott was the DC though, so not sure how much that helps KB.

15 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

You mean he didn't play and was never expected to. Saying he "almost played" is saying your girlfriend was "almost pregnant".

Here we totally agree though. I'll bench him if I can. The Bills suddenly have so many options that I'm really curious how they're going to use Benjamin - they might feed him 10 targets and he might get 6. I'm holding on to Benjamin because I think by rights he should be the #1 WR on their team by a wide margin, but can you trust a team that has been force feeding Zay Jones through an absolute drought?

Wasn't it the coach that said he was a 50/50 to play 1 or 2 days before the game? Perhaps he was totally BSing but that was an actual statement haha

3 minutes ago, kelle1sa said:

Deonte Thompson came in on 3 days notice and went 4/107.  If he suits up and plays, it's because they think he's ready.  BUF will want to use their shinny new toy, don't over think it.

Saints are the #1 pass defense in the past 6 games, so there's that factor too. If he had a nice matchup I'd be starting him for sure... I traded Alshon Jeffrey to get him. 

3 minutes ago, Joelioli said:

Saints are the #1 pass defense in the past 6 games, so there's that factor too. If he had a nice matchup I'd be starting him for sure... I traded Alshon Jeffrey to get him. 

That's always a factor.  But why trade for someone, then put him on your bench? Chances are most team's don't have a better option.

52 minutes ago, ColdRain said:

zay jones being out

This is really, really good news for Buffalo as a whole.

They kept throwing balls to him when the guy couldn't catch a cold in a snowstorm - he has 16 for 44. That's just over 1/3, for those who can count. Sorry, but Tyrod just isn't that bad - he has a 72% completion rate as long as he doesn't throw to Zay 'Freaking' Jones! The only reason I can think of is Zay has some dirt on the coaches - some pictures of them sniffing coke or making whoopy with Roger Goodell's wife or he caught them deflating balls.

So yeah, Zay Jones being out is good for Buffalo, the NFL and the balance between the Force and dark side, never mind Kelvin Benjamin.

</rant>

On 11/8/2017 at 1:32 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Anyone hearing reports on how he's practicing? Looking like he's picking up the BUF system?

Won't matter much if Marshon Lattimore is on him. WR1's  been getting stranded on "Lattimore Land" all season. 

Edited by Newtown

I'm trying to find the last mid-season WR trade that worked out (apart from maybe Deonte Thompson). Can anyone help me? I checked the previous years and that didn't make me very happy.

Also this: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Teammates-unanimous-on-Benjamin-Hes-going-to-help-us/cbd49ee6-86d2-4feb-9879-5f07babf1c9c

OC Rick Dennison (around 0:40 in the clip): "Obviously he's a _big_ receiver. You know, we just started, but he'll be on the field, he'll get the chance to make some catches, make some plays for us."

I expect minimal targets (say 3-5) and if he catches 50% he'll have done fine. I'm holding on, hoping he can increase towards the play-offs. No way I'm playing him this week though.

I say he gets all of Zay Jones targets which would put him in about 8 for the game. Assume he catches over half so I'd guess somewhere in 5 catches for 50-60yds and possibly a TD. 

He will be the red zone target for sure.  They didn't trade for him to sit on him for two weeks. 

4 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Lattimore will probably have him this week, the saints faced him once already.

This will be the first time they face off. KB got hurt early in that game. First or second drive if the game if I remember correctly and Lattimore wasn't covering him at the time. 

3 minutes ago, CraneKilla said:

This will be the first time they face off. KB got hurt early in that game. First or second drive if the game if I remember correctly and Lattimore wasn't covering him at the time. 

Nah i dont think he was, cant remember the game to well either, i think youre right, he caught one pass then got his ankle rolled up on i believe. Still the saints know him to well. 

Edited by CABLE87

I think we only gotta wait one more week guys, check out his ROS schedule. Only CB matchup that’s scary is Jason Hayward with Chargers, outside of that nothing daunting. 

at Chargers Wk11

At Kansas City wk 12

New England wk13

Indianapolis wk14

Miami wk 15 

at New England wk 16