NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kelvin Benjamin 2017 Season Outlook

Tyrod Taylor has been benched as the Bills' starting quarterback in favor of fifth-round rookie Nathan Peterman.

This comes four days after Taylor went 9-of-18 for just 56 yards in an embarrassing Week 10 home loss to the Saints. Peterman came in for mop-up work late, going 7-of-10 for 79 yards and a touchdown, and coach Sean McDermott is now rolling with his handpicked guy. Taylor is a holdover from ex-coach Rex Ryan and may have played his final snap for the Bills. Due a $10 million salary and $6 million roster bonus next year, Taylor is an offseason cut candidate.

Anyone have any insight into Peterman and his impact on Benjamin's value?

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, gufomel said:

Anyone have any insight into Peterman and his impact on Benjamin's value?

Peterman-to-Benjamin will be the new chant and new hype, and we can either expect 8 receptions / 160 yards / 2 TDs or we could easily see 5 targets / 1 reception / 15 yards... even if the Bills play from behind and are forced to air it out, expect more towards the latter.

Benjamin heads to the bench in all rosters until further notice.

3 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

Well good, now Kelvin can begin all over again adapting to a new QB...who is a rookie....from the 5th round.....that was not good enough to remove Taylor in the preseason anyway....

Well, Tyrod couldn't hit the side of a barn when targeting him last week. The switch to Peterman might be a positive.

I'm likely still throwing him out there in one league due to lack of strong alternatives.

Edited by Deadpool

Definitely a positive move.  Taylor does not like to take chances throwing the ball.  Looking at Peterman, he makes some nice throws 10-20 yards down field and gets the ball out quick.  As a Bills fan I have high hopes.  I think all Bills receivers will benefit from this move.  I've added Matthews or Jones in my leagues.  it's possible Peterman will crash and burn but Bills receivers were not worth owning with Taylor anyhow.

As for the comment about Peterman not being good enough to beat Taylor in the pre-season, he's a 5th round rookie.  A half season on the bench can do wonders for him.  If you saw him in the pre-season you'd have seen a QB that looked good when he played.  That they opted to give him more time is not an indicator that he's terrible.  I think this move was a long time coming.

Edited by Dream On

2 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

I haven't heard anything yet, which is likely bad.

Hope your wrong...typically season ending injuries are pretty instantaneous...ala Sherman/Chris Thompson.

The longevity of announcement should not be an indicator of severity.

Hoping for an MCL type injury., which can be a liettle complicated on the scale....but who knows.