NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Dickerson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 6Kill said:

2 for his last 22, thought about benching him tonight but I can feel the start of a hot streak coming for him

I benched him this past Monday in my weekly league because of the insane amount of lefthanders that the Rays were going to face this week.  However, I think his splits are fairly close vs. lefty and righty pitchers.  He'll come around soon again.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, herschel said:

dropped to 6th in the lineup.  been a nice ride, but are people still holding?

You have to - i've floated him in trades - no one wants him.  He's turning back into pumpkin.

Since I've acquired him and Gyorko, they've actually gotten worse.  maybe the owners saw something I didn't and these guys are fading.

He's still rated high enough that if your drop him - he'll be scooped up.  Maybe stash on bench and hope he turns it around.

After dropping Schoop and Adam Jones , I'm very hesitant to drop anymore established players that are in extended funks.

Edited by JetsAwesome

Reminds me of the Ryan Zimmerman thread. Anyway Ryan was dropped In my league last week and I instantly scooped him up. Point is I don't think you can drop a guy who had such a great first half.  He prob is just bench material until Dick shows a pulse. 

34 minutes ago, quemortal said:

He's batted lower in the order against lefties in the past, this doesn't mean much.

Sure but in light of his slump so far I was just waiting for this to happen regardless. He's always hit if he wasn't injured - I'd hold unless/until we find out he's nursing an injury. He's been very consistent this season so he has more rope with me.

3 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

hi yooooooo

just needed a righty and the 275 foot right field at Yankee stadium

short schedule...hopefully everyone had him in

Yay - did that seconds after I posted. He just needed some love that's all.

Why is it some immediately jump to a hidden injury theory when a guy doesn't produce?  

To me the statistics don't mean much until about 2 months in.  By that time most players have to adjust to the adjustments made towards them. Dickerson certainly hasn't sucked for 2 months straight this year.

37 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Why is it some immediately jump to a hidden injury theory when a guy doesn't produce?  

To me the statistics don't mean much until about 2 months in.  By that time most players have to adjust to the adjustments made towards them. Dickerson certainly hasn't sucked for 2 months straight this year.

If you can't assume that injury could be causing CD to slump than you can't assume injury would be causing anyone to slump I completely agree.

22 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If you can't assume that injury could be causing CD to slump than you can't assume injury would be causing anyone to slump I completely agree.

Strawman and not reflective of my point.  Also your statement isnt't mutually exclusive to the ROTM "that's baseball" slumos.

• 2 weeks later...