NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Dickerson 2017 Outlook

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played extremely well for half a season--surely that was not a fluke? Then again, his play over the past 7 weeks or so is more in line with what he did last year and his results outside of Coors over his career. Who is the real Corey Dickerson?

1 hour ago, Ace_King said:

He played extremely well for half a season--surely that was not a fluke? Then again, his play over the past 7 weeks or so is more in line with what he did last year and his results outside of Coors over his career. Who is the real Corey Dickerson?

This is guy is killing me right now, as I am completely at a loss of what to think about his ROS outlook is. I too was convinced that his first half was not a fluke, but after a handful of his games recently he looks a bit lost at the plate & in the field. Strongly considering cutting bait on CDick this week. 

7 minutes ago, Jrick45 said:

This is guy is killing me right now, as I am completely at a loss of what to think about his ROS outlook is. I too was convinced that his first half was not a fluke, but after a handful of his games recently he looks a bit lost at the plate & in the field. Strongly considering cutting bait on CDick this week. 

I feel the same way on all counts--including considering shortly cutting him.

52 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

I feel the same way on all counts--including considering shortly cutting him.

just drop him - he's looked brutal. I cut bait 2 days ago.

There's guys like Dexter Fowler, Byron Buxton ,  Melky Cabrera,  Gerardo Parra that are having awesome second halfs that could be of more use to you right now.  With only 50 games left - there's no time to wait around on guys like Corey Dickerson to come around .

At this point you have to start thinking about his health and/or mechanics because this has drifting beyond the slump range.

What a strange list of names to throw out above since those guys are already rostered in most leagues but the most shallow.  And in dynasty leagues you can't just throw Dickerson away.  In re-drafts, sure.  Maybe Nicky Delmonico is still available in some leagues.  Ride the hot bat.

22 hours ago, Ace_King said:

Turning it around?

Not terribly optimistic.  Why should we believe that he is something more than he was last year really (.250, 25 homer guy)?  I don't see any reason to.  I hate this type of player.  Too good to drop, not good enough to really help you too much.