NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had Longo on the bench...

Was traveling today so didn't really give the lineup much thought. I had seen Yahoo say Longo was DTD and his career stats vs. Tanaka is dreadful so I just put him on the bench. Well tonight I see that he had the first RBI and HR of the year.

That liner hit off the top of the wall in the corner even...

Smurf magic from the get go.

My vent & rant is that the Fantasy Platform thread always gets overtaken by Yahoo posts of all the problems yahoo gives them but yet they don't switch fantasy platform providers!!

I joke....( kind of )

I digress....no rants yet. My team is in first place after day 1....can only go down from here!!

I know it's day 1... however

My dueling aces Darvish and Kluber have already eviscerated my ERA and WHIP for the week (while my opponent got a sparkling performance from Jeremy Hellickson)

I traded Yoan Moncada for a draft pick that netted drunken-me Dee Gordon, who looked like monkeybutt today and looked like monkeybutt during spring.

Osuna went to the DL because his mattress sucks--  (can't believe I drafted him over Piscotty and Aledmys... argh)

I also have Conforto and DeShields, neither of whom are starters, but I'm afraid to drop both. 

as I write this, Darvish has loaded the bases for Lindor. I'm gonna assume a bases clearing double is imminent. 

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I know it's day 1... however

My dueling aces Darvish and Kluber have already eviscerated my ERA and WHIP for the week (while my opponent got a sparkling performance from Jeremy Hellickson)

I traded Yoan Moncada for a draft pick that netted drunken-me Dee Gordon, who looked like monkeybutt today and looked like monkeybutt during spring.

Osuna went to the DL because his mattress sucks--  (can't believe I drafted him over Piscotty and Aledmys... argh)

I also have Conforto and DeShields, neither of whom are starters, but I'm afraid to drop both. 

as I write this, Darvish has loaded the bases for Lindor. I'm gonna assume a bases clearing double is imminent. 

Yeah, after you get beyond your Top 5-7 closers, the difference between the rest is not enough to invest a high pick in.  I can't believe you took Osuna over Aledmys!