Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sine_cera said:

Last week a 1.69 ERA. Two Wins. 

This week a 2.54 ERA. One Win. 

 

This is a league with a weekly minimum of 35 IP.  I hate Wins as a category... 

I wish I had those numbers - I'm rocking Quintana and Maeda as my top 2 pitchers... Roark today was the 2nd QS I've had this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy I faced last week posted an ERA of 1.36 & a WHIP of .96.  This was over 72.2 IP too, so he wasn't punting QS & Ks either.  

 

My ERA & WHIP were 1.70 & .979 and I lost both of them.

 

It was the most painful thing to watch, every day, Paxton, Carrasco, Gio Gonzalez, Archer, Graveman, Estrada, Paxton again, Carrasco again, Gio again.  I needed ONE of those guys to get roughed up and it just. never. happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Guy I faced last week posted an ERA of 1.36 & a WHIP of .96.  This was over 72.2 IP too, so he wasn't punting QS & Ks either.  

 

My ERA & WHIP were 1.70 & .979 and I lost both of them.

 

It was the most painful thing to watch, every day, Paxton, Carrasco, Gio Gonzalez, Archer, Graveman, Estrada, Paxton again, Carrasco again, Gio again.  I needed ONE of those guys to get roughed up and it just. never. happened.

 

I feel your pain. the Estrada/Graveman/Hellickson/Happ types are my fantasy nemesis. I swear they all turn into prime Steve Carlton when I face them. 

any time my opponent has, say, Aaron Blair, I know I am f***ed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

 

I feel your pain. the Estrada/Graveman/Hellickson/Happ types are my fantasy nemesis. I swear they all turn into prime Steve Carlton when I face them. 

any time my opponent has, say, Aaron Blair, I know I am f***ed. 

 

Same seems to happen to me.Last week, I got him in K's and QS, but I threw alot more starters. Opponent had Paxton, G. Gonzalez, Matt Moore, Ervin Santana and Chris Archer.  I can handle Archer and Paxton, but those other losers? Damn. Steve Carlton-esque.

 

1.93 ERA with a .90 WHIP, 2 loses. Oh and he got 7 saves out of Chapman and F. Rodriguez. Nothing you can do when your opponent has a week like that.

Edited by Mickey Donovan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 guys on the DL for me: JD Martinez, Kemp, segura, britton, sanchez, price. still in 2nd place after two weeks, h2h. good news is most of them should be coming off the DL fairly soon but this weeks matchup will be brutal for me as I none of them are drop-worthy yet, and I also have frazier who has been so worthless that him being out with the flu improves my team because of BA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Caelum said:

I just realized that in the past 14 days, one of my fantasy teams has collectively been Kolten Wong.

 

537 AB, 53 R, 7 HR, 44 RBIs, 11 SB, .247 AVG.

 

 

Do we have the same players? Lol

 

My team is 46R 7HR 45RBI 12SB .242 BA .312OBP.

 

Khris Davis has about as many homers as my team.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

And what is up with ESPN fantasy cast?!?!?!  Every night its getting behind the game action or locking up. 

MLB.com is being weird too. MLB at bat is an inning or so behind.

 

Jose Ramirez is on effing fire.

Fulmer looking terrible. Slider is so ineffective just sits and spins down the middle of the plate.

Votto is back to Votto

Broxton is terrible. Just can't do anything when everyone else is hitting Ks everywhere.

Musgrove high p count. He can probably get more efficient and snag the QS...hopefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jdbob11 said:

And what is up with ESPN fantasy cast?!?!?!  Every night its getting behind the game action or locking up. 

 

Last I saw Mike Leake was at 210 pitches in the 2nd. Score was somehow tied despite the fact that he gave up 12 hits.

 

Piscotty was 0-6 with 6 RBIs as well. Dam 6 RBI groundouts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...