Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

 

Yeah, after you get beyond your Top 5-7 closers, the difference between the rest is not enough to invest a high pick in.  I can't believe you took Osuna over Aledmys!

in my defense

I did a ton of mocks on FantasyPros, where Osuna's ADP is 92 and Aledmys' ADP is 135.

Osuna wasn't injured at the time of the draft either

 

but now it stings like hell, and I'm rostering Britton/Osuna/Herrera/Holland/Trienan and need to make a trade like a mother******

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2017 at 1:38 PM, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

come on Fantrax! about an hour late now putting Dahl on DL... I'm refreshing literally every two minutes because there is a waiver outfielder i want so bad! 

 

ughh

 

They are THE WORST with DL.  Absolutely the worst.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

What pisses me off most is MLB giving us loads of day baseball for opening day, and then Day 2 we get one GD game.  ONE.

 

It should be a week of day games to transition from ST to the season!

 

 

meh.  I agree, but not surprised.   It's about money.   Fans will miss work for opening day, but not day 2, 3, 4, 5.   week night games will draw more money, on the whole.   Most teams get 2 days off week 1.  What transition do they need?

Edited by rich22
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

in my defense

I did a ton of mocks on FantasyPros, where Osuna's ADP is 92 and Aledmys' ADP is 135.

Osuna wasn't injured at the time of the draft either

 

but now it stings like hell, and I'm rostering Britton/Osuna/Herrera/Holland/Trienan and need to make a trade like a mother******

 

Yeah, I can't blame you for doing it.  People chase saves way too early anyways so if you don't get a couple of guys early, you may end up with no saves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

Yeah, I can't blame you for doing it.  People chase saves way too early anyways so if you don't get a couple of guys early, you may end up with no saves.

 

You call it "chasing saves" like drafting Osuna over Aledmys Diaz is some kind of stupid decision.  Osuna's ADP is about 80, while Diaz' is about 147.  You can call it "chasing saves" if you want, I'd call it drafting a guy with a higher ceiling.

 

Osuna was far more impactful, IMO, than Diaz last year.  He was the 8th highest rated CL in my league last year.  Diaz was the 14th rated SS.

 

Again, call it "chasing saves" if you want, but I could probably call it "chasing positional scarcity" for anyone drafting Aledmys Diaz over Osuna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JFS179 said:

What pisses me off most is MLB giving us loads of day baseball for opening day, and then Day 2 we get one GD game.  ONE.

 

It should be a week of day games to transition from ST to the season!

And isn't today's game only because it was ppd yesterday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I, along with most of the community I think, had no idea Osuna was headed to the DL. I decided to check my lineup right at game time on Sunday, knowing that there were no changes needed. I checked at 10:09. I was shocked when I saw him on the DL, pulled him out, and the rosters locked before I could fill his spot. Since we are required to have 2 RP spots filled, I have an illegal roster and will get zero points for the week. I already had 100 points on day 2. I have Kershaw, Noah, Gausman, Felix, Harvey, Ramos, G.Sanchez, Abreu, Turner, Correa, C.Seager, K.Seager, Springer, A.Jones, Cruz, Carpenter, Gordon. This loss is going to sting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, laracco said:

I, along with most of the community I think, had no idea Osuna was headed to the DL. I decided to check my lineup right at game time on Sunday, knowing that there were no changes needed. I checked at 10:09. I was shocked when I saw him on the DL, pulled him out, and the rosters locked before I could fill his spot. Since we are required to have 2 RP spots filled, I have an illegal roster and will get zero points for the week. I already had 100 points on day 2. I have Kershaw, Noah, Gausman, Felix, Harvey, Ramos, G.Sanchez, Abreu, Turner, Correa, C.Seager, K.Seager, Springer, A.Jones, Cruz, Carpenter, Gordon. This loss is going to sting.

 

You're required to "start" two RPs, or just have 2 RPs on your roster?  Seems a little ridiculous to get penalized that severely for not "starting" a guy who's on the DL.  Seems like something a LM should consider correcting for you.  Or, better yet, not have that rule in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

So you would have been better off not to have checked at 10.09 and just had an injured player in that slot? Strange rules in some leagues.

Correct. I was pissed that I was going to have a zero in one spot. Then I was informed this morning that I would get ALL zeros. My fault though. I blame myself!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

So you would have been better off not to have checked at 10.09 and just had an injured player in that slot? Strange rules in some leagues.

 

I've heard of rules like that to prevent a guy from benching his entire offense to protect an average lead, or something.  But, it sounds like this is a weekly lock league, so I'm not sure what the point would be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, laracco said:

Correct. I was pissed that I was going to have a zero in one spot. Then I was informed this morning that I would get ALL zeros. My fault though. I blame myself!!!

 

Sounds like a LM with way too much time on his hands.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, laracco said:

Correct. I was pissed that I was going to have a zero in one spot. Then I was informed this morning that I would get ALL zeros. My fault though. I blame myself!!!

 

Let me guess...CBS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

 

Let me guess...CBS?

Yep. CBS. I think it has to do with the fact that you can get negative points for losses and blown saves so having nobody in there makes sure that you can't lose points. In the end, I should have know the rules and also checked my lineup sooner. Ironically, I am taking over as either commish or co-commish so maybe I'll look into voting to change this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...