NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have Eduardo Rodriguez, Alex Wood, JC Ramirez, Charlie Morton, and Lance Lynn in your 17 team league because of the wonderful people on this website. I had to add some positivity to this otherwise negative thread. 

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I've come to this realization, too.

with the exception of one owner who loves to trade, I always have to take on way more risk than my trade partners. Unless it's clearly one-sided, or super risky for me, nothing is happening. 

To get anything done, it has to be my (proven) stud for their (maybe?) stud.

for example, I want Aaron Altherr. The guy with Altherr said he needs saves badly. I offer Greg Holland for Altherr straight up. he declines. fine, that's understandable. So I throw out a hypothetical: Kluber + Holland for Altherr + Kyle Hendricks. Hendricks hasn't exactly been lighting the league on fire with his 84mph fastball. 

He responds "It's gonna be pretty hard for me to give up Altherr."

Fine, keep your toolsy guy riding a 2 week hot streak, I'll keep my Cy Young winning, 200 k, beastly-FIP ace with a tight back. 

I also offered Kluber + Bogaerts + Britton for Machado before Kluber or Britton were hurt. Not a bad offer imo. No "decline", just a Facebook message saying "I'm not trading Machado" 

I'd love any kind of constructive feedback. 

Maybe I'm just being sour grapes... I dunno. 

I do baseball writeups and whatnot on our league page, and am notoriously obsessed with baseball, so I think people assume they are getting ripped off when I offer a trade. In truth, I've handily lost the majority of trades I've ever made in fantasy... aside from a championshup winning trade of a declining Dwayne Wade for two relatively unknown quantities named Damian Lillard and Kyrie Irving... but other than that... mostly pain and regret 

Finally have a deal in place to trade Kluber, pending my ability to snag my trade partner a Pliny the Elder while I'm visiting LA this weekend lol 

Haha yeah man I would not offer anything like that for Altheer myself.  Dude was straight garbage last year.  I think he cools off fast.  But back to the original point, It's becoming more and more like this for all fantasy sports with the leagues I'm in.  I'm usually the one sending the offers and they're usually declined with passive-aggressive jabs and no counter offer is proposed lol.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone was on the DL?  Like all of MLB would be just like watching AAA games.

this is pretty much my time.  lost martin, story, maeda and melancon this week alone after my lineup locked.  weekly leagues blow....

4 hours ago, Willsea33 said:

When you have Eduardo Rodriguez, Alex Wood, JC Ramirez, Charlie Morton, and Lance Lynn in your 17 team league because of the wonderful people on this website. I had to add some positivity to this otherwise negative thread. 

Pineda, Eduardo, and Odorizzi owner here.

18 2/3 Innings

16 Strikeouts

2.41 ERA

0.857 WHIP

All of them left the game tied or losing today. Not a single win. Of course my JC Ramirez is starting vs. my Fulmer. Max 1 win tonight in 5 starts. Fun ratios but A WIN would have been lovely.

Have a league where I didn't draft much pitching with the intent to do a good amount of streaming to supplement a few solid starters.

Drafted Maeda, Sanchez, Paxton, Felix and Nola... As a Reds fan I was pretty hyped to have snagged Garrett early on, before he got demoted. Lucky enough to have drafted Bedrosian and Familia too.

There is no God.

I had Mark Reynolds on all three of my teams for a brief time very early in the season. All. Three. In each case I found what I thought was a shinier long-term piece for the long haul of the season and dropped Reynolds because, well, he's Mark Reynolds. His hot streak will come down soon anyway and he'll lose playing time when Desmond returns, right? Ugh. I should know never to doubt any hitter in Coors, even career low-BA whiff artists.

Surprised nobody has had to vent yet tonight...

My boys are 3/20 with 1 run so far tonight and Rizzo is playing, so his terrible play is going to hold my team down

Edited by william

I can't believe this. Me and a bunch of friends were going to the Yankees game today on a bus trip. We are just about in the Bronx and learn it's PPD. Now to ride another 3 hours back.

6 hour bus ride for nothing. Oh yeah we can use our tickets on any day we just need our own transportation.

Guess what day we can't pick though.

Tomorrow's Derek Jeter day.

:angry:

Edited by JP1119
8 minutes ago, JP1119 said:

I can't believe this. Me and a bunch of friends were going to the Yankees game today on a bus trip. We are just about in the Bronx and learn it's PPD. Now to ride another 3 hours back.

6 hour bus ride for nothing. Oh yeah we can use our tickets on any day we just need our own transportation.

Guess what day we can't pick though.

Tomorrow's Derek Jeter day.

:angry:

That. Sucks.

12 hours ago, Lebanasty said:

12 Team AL only.

4-35 w/ no counting stats

Duffy gives up 2ER, one on a misplayed triple and one on a wild pitch to tie the game in his final inning. Really starving for wins.

this was my exact line yesterday right down to duffy and everything.

i've noticed a bit of an oddity this year in fantasy baseball.  seems every week my pitchers have bad matchups while it seems my opponents have the good matchups i.e. pitching against PIT and CWS, etc. It's been extremely frustrating for me considering my staff is built around Kluber and Verlander.

I'm dead last in ERA/WHIP/QS/K's 

Pitching seems to be down all around the league this year, but it seems especially bad for me considering my horrible matchups since the season has started. 

Hoping things will even out in the second half somehow.

1 hour ago, the real donny baseball said:

After seeing a blurb on Jeter's ceremony at "Monument Park" I thought-"how nice of an away team to honor him" then I saw it's really the new Yankee Stadium with a new name.

I swear,gross,greedy crap like this and the Nats "weather" postponement Friday will ruin this game.

Pretty sure Monument Park is just the name for the area in the outfield seats where all the retired numbers are located in Yankee Stadium and that it has been around for decades.