NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Me:  "Oh sweet, Detroit's up 5-1.  I bet Miggy & Kinsler did some damage.  Let me just check..."

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

2 hours ago, 89Topps said:

You call it "chasing saves" like drafting Osuna over Aledmys Diaz is some kind of stupid decision.  Osuna's ADP is about 80, while Diaz' is about 147.  You can call it "chasing saves" if you want, I'd call it drafting a guy with a higher ceiling.

Osuna was far more impactful, IMO, than Diaz last year.  He was the 8th highest rated CL in my league last year.  Diaz was the 14th rated SS.

Again, call it "chasing saves" if you want, but I could probably call it "chasing positional scarcity" for anyone drafting Aledmys Diaz over Osuna.

Alright man, keep on wasting high picks on players that impact 2 pitching cats.  I, however, will continue to grab a premium bat or a Top 12 SP at that spot.

10 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

Alright man, keep on wasting high picks on players that impact 2 pitching cats.  I, however, will continue to grab a premium bat or a Top 12 SP at that spot.

Did I say I'd pass on a "premium bat" for a closer?  I thought we were talking about Aledmys Diaz?

2 hours ago, MJDrocks said:

top 12 pitcher? They are long gone by pick 90-100. That's like... Porcello/Quintana/Teheran range

The #12 ADP starting pitcher is Strasburg, whose ADP is 48. 

FWIW, in my draft, Osuna (pick #99) was sandwiched between Jose Quintana and Felix Hernandez.

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
47 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

top 12 pitcher? They are long gone by pick 90-100. That's like... Porcello/Quintana/Teheran range

The #12 ADP starting pitcher is Strasburg, whose ADP is 48. 

FWIW, in my draft, Osuna (pick #99) was sandwiched between Jose Quintana and Felix Hernandez.

I play in leagues where guys tend to go bat-heavy and wait on SP's but you get the jist.  I can grab a premium bat or a high quality SP at that spot.

24 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Apparently I suck at drafting hitting. 

On that note I really wish my league would switch from BA to OBP! Have like 8 BBs and the above BA. Grr

Edited by Members_Only_76
8 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Apparently I suck at drafting hitting. 

.171, 1 HR

but pitching

.84 ERA, .66 whip, 21 k, 3 W

Plenty of time left  lol

If its any consolation my team is doing even worse on both sides of the ball. Batting .108 with 4 runs, 4 rbi, 1 hr and one sb.

As for my pitching... just as bad if not  worse.  23 innings pitched, 9.39 era, 1.61 whip, 1 w, 1 sv, 17 ks.  Apparently it's too much to ask to have even one my starters to pitch a good game, and that's with my top 3 guys having pitched (Cuento, Tanka, Quintana).  Only three days in but quite the hole to dig out of already.