NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, The Mo Vaughns said:

Actually, it's not  a free league. It's a keeper league that we play for money. Kept Arenado and Bryant, and traded for Goldy and Altuve from teams who are out of it and are building for next year. We keep at auction value for 3 years before they have to be thrown back into the draft. Goldy was drafted for $65 this year so he won't be kept, and Altuve has to be thrown back into the draft next year.

So who did they get in return as their corner stones?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, I have been so bad at drafting starting pitching early in the draft recently.

After 3 keeper rounds, this is my history of the first 3 pitchers I selected:

2017: Verlander, Quintana, Teheran

2016: Grienke, King Felix, Tanaka 

2015: Zimmerman, Shields, Fister

Freaking Yayhoo locks in Miggy for game #2 3 hours early, when game #1 is PPD. This as Ausmus decides he can sit out game number 2, since he didn't have the opportunity to sit out game one. Guaranteed he pinch hits and goes 0-1.

Edited by lyricist0

Rockies score 8 in the bottom of the 8th so I miss out on a Holland save.  Then Knebel proceeds to blow his save with two outs.  Guess the FBB gods don't want me getting a save this week.  Please let the Dodgers keep it close so I can get one from Jansen.

ha one team of mine went 0-31... dont think that has ever happened to me with a full lineup (trout, altuve, jdm, cano, benintendi, b ham, happ ect)

still winning avg... WTF

Edited by colepenhagen

the last two days my batters are 

9 for 72 (0.125 AVG) with 4 R, 1 HR and 5 RBI 

great start to memorial day weekend

40 minutes ago, CFN said:

Wow, we must have the exact same roster!

3 hours ago, tscherrer2 said:

I hate gerrit cole. would not hold the door open for him. 

Totally agree. In one league i have cole and he has blackmon and goldy. Im getting crushed. Also dont help braun has another boo boo...ugh

2 hours ago, CFN said:

Ahh you must own Addison Russell and Kyle Schwarber like I do!

I bench Manaea for his 8K 7IP shutout and roll out "safer" options today.  

Salazar vs KC and Lackey vs LAD who combined for 12 HA, 9 BB & 8 ER over 10.1 IP

I'm clearly not doing this right..

When you have Holland, Jansen, Colome, and Knebel while your opponent has Osuna and Watson and you're losing 3-2 in saves.  And Osuna has all three of his saves -_-  Osuna has a third of his saves in just this week.  Glad he saved them for my worst save production week yet.

H2H makes me sick sometimes. 

I think I'm just gonna set the lineups for the next matchup period right now and take a week off of FBB.  Clearly it does no good to meticulously cultivate a "good" team.  When they all want to s--- the bed at the same time it doesn't matter. lol.

PS: Also screw it b/c in H2H you just have to make the playoffs (preferably w/ a bye) and hope your numbers get called.  B-I-N-G-O.

Edited by ragrag

Have had JD Martinez, Beltre, Kluber, Paxton, Chapman, Hamels, Haniger, Maeda and Pischotty on the DL this year.  Have been weathering the storm to an extent with JDM, Maeda and Pischotty making it back.  Beltre, Paxton and Kluber coming back this week, Haniger soon too.  

I'm feeling optomistic about putting a good run together in my H2H with just 1 bench spot sacrified to a DL player after this coming week.  So of course Trout sprains his thumb on a SB, presumably out for weeks.  Like... REALLY? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!?!

Edited by 80version
Spelling is hard

Going to lose saves 3-2.  He got all three of his saves from Osuna.  I have Holland, Jansen, Colome, and Knebel.  Two blown saves.  And why can no relief pitchers shut down the Rockies in the 8th inning?! And because the TB game went to extras, Dozier got my opponent a steal so now I'll lose steals 4-3 instead of the tie.  AND the cherry on top is that Erasmo Ramirez will get the save for TB, and I own him - BUT HE IS ON MY BENCH TODAY.  Beautiful ******* stuff.