NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

17 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

I draft Cueto 2 years ago and he sucks. I draft him this year and he seems to be picking up where he left off 2 years ago

Just noticed hes good on even numbered years. Too bad its 2017.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My teams stat line for 4/5.

AB's  26

Avg  .115

OPS . 349

Hits 3

BB  4

Runs 1

HR 0

RBI 0

IP  6.1

K  6

K/9 8.53

WHIP  1.737

Wins 0

QS 0

Svs 0

Hlds 0

Dropped -47.5 roto points today and fell to 13th place of 14 teams. Of course it's very early but what a frustrating day watching games and box scores. 

Through 20 gms, my offense is batting .169 with 3 R 1 HR 4 RBI and 1 SB. Zunino is tied for the team lead in hits with 2.

Pitching's been alright.

Year after year I try to draft good hitters before pitchers, and yet everyday I end up with strong pitching but mediocre hitting.

Some years I draft pitchers first and some years I draft hitters first , I always end up with weak hitting and ridiculously bad pitching .... I am a dumpster fire magnet .......

35 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Through 20 gms, my offense is batting .169 with 3 R 1 HR 4 RBI and 1 SB. Zunino is tied for the team lead in hits with 2.

Pitching's been alright.

Year after year I try to draft good hitters before pitchers, and yet everyday I end up with strong pitching but mediocre hitting.

7 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

He has had an ERA under 3 four out of the last 5 years lol.  I think he will be fine

I hope so.

Its just his every other even numbered years stand out...and my post was a response to Triple's post.

20 minutes ago, jdbob11 said:

Lynn has given up 3 hits.  2 to Lackey.  I never see this crap except for the pitchers on my team. 

Having a real hard time finding reason to vent or rant about Lynn's start thus far, other than the fact he's on my bench.

I try to "watch" games on CBS MLB scoreboard and it's a mucking fess.  Constantly putting up the wrong thing, then backing it out, then suddenly cramming the info all back in.  I can't tell what's actually happened until it's a full inning in the rearview mirror and then I'm still not 100% certain.  Seems like this happens every year but that it gets better as the season goes on?

5 minutes ago, Squeeealer said:

I try to "watch" games on CBS MLB scoreboard and it's a mucking fess.  Constantly putting up the wrong thing, then backing it out, then suddenly cramming the info all back in.  I can't tell what's actually happened until it's a full inning in the rearview mirror and then I'm still not 100% certain.  Seems like this happens every year but that it gets better as the season goes on?

I wonder if this is a problem from the "source", meaning MLB, because I noticed this also happens a lot with ESPN Fantasycast

Puig on my bench today alone has more HR and as many RBI as my entire team for the year...

In fact, counting his game last night, he has more counting stats by himself on the bench than my entire team for the year.

He's my backup RF and when I started him on Tue cuz Stanton had the day off, he did nothing.

I have to start him this weekend @Coors... hope he doesn't go 0fer the series.