NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

No matter how much we want to vent today, at least we're not the guy who gave up a hr to Tebow. That guys day sucks

We live in such a "fake news" society now that I saw that and my first thought was "I wonder if they told him to serve it up for the headline"

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go make myself a new tin foil hat.

Sorry if this is doublepost. Orig post didnt appear.

Started puig at coors after he went crazy from my bench. Had to sit someone. Sat longo...

Five homers this year from bench. One hr from starting lineup...

Really cant be so perfectly costanza even if i tried. Hahaha

4 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

Sorry if this is doublepost. Orig post didnt appear.

Started puig at coors after he went crazy from my bench. Had to sit someone. Sat longo...

Five homers this year from bench. One hr from starting lineup...

Really cant be so perfectly costanza even if i tried. Hahaha

Not that it helps your start line, but Puig had some really loud outs today.

My pitching has gone into meltdown mode since Tuesday. Had 3 good starts Monday and my ERA was under 1.

Tuesday Verlander through a gem to cancel out Quintana's poor start but I had a 1.6 ERA with 4 QS's and 3 W's.

Since then. 1 W (Cobb) and no quality starts. After the implosion of epic proportions tonight by Liriano, I'm almost at a 4 ERA and now losing all but strikeouts.

One would assume Miggy was in a coma being wheeled up to the plate, if he hadn't registered 9 official ABs.  He appears to be breathing on his own on television; I'm a bit perplexed.  Shall I send flowers; or Scotch?  Do I need to make a donation?  Does he have enough in his IV?

Edited by lyricist0

19 minutes ago, lyricist0 said:

One would assume Miggy was in a coma being wheeled up to the plate, if he hadn't registered 9 official ABs.  He appears to be breathing on his own on television; I'm a bit perplexed.  Shall I send flowers; or Scotch?  Do I need to make a donation?  Does he have enough in his IV?

Whatever you do, send it to  Altuve too!

Scott Schebler hit a bomb against the Cardinals last night...and Price sits him today.  I will never understand that mentality as long as I live.  You don't rest a guy coming off of a nice game...especially in the first week of the season.  Can someone please tell me exactly HOW Bryan Price still has a job as a manager of a professional baseball team?

Matheny is marginal at best and he's sitting the slumping Piscotty today...at least he's got common sense.

7 minutes ago, 96GOAT said:

Scott Schebler hit a bomb against the Cardinals last night...and Price sits him today.  I will never understand that mentality as long as I live.  You don't rest a guy coming off of a nice game...especially in the first week of the season.  Can someone please tell me exactly HOW Bryan Price still has a job as a manager of a professional baseball team?

Matheny is marginal at best and he's sitting the slumping Piscotty today...at least he's got common sense.

Price is also sitting Hamilton & Peraza.... last night probably before the game he told those three they were having the day off tomorrow

I think I understand .... Schebler won't break the bank

1 hour ago, bdawkins456 said:

I know it is still so damn early but I'm already kicking myself for not taking Odor and Aledmys Diaz combo over Trevor Story and Matt Carpenter

Aledmys was one of my main draft targets. Kills me that I let someone else snag him. Now I can barely look at the TV when he comes up.