NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

same and the 2nd half of my team hasnt summit their lineups yet (az, col, la,)

my opponent is going to have 50 more abs than my team this week (have to hold onto a 3 run, 3 hr, 15 pt avg lead)

not confident at all

Past 2 weeks have been NBA bad with the amount of guys sitting. The absolute worst 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love ESPN.  15 team roto redraft.    At 1AM EST I had a one point lead. I  went to bed happy at my $ 3rd place finish.   This morning I wake up and instead I'm tied for 3rd.  What happened overnight?  

Edited by Morat

On 9/30/2017 at 8:33 PM, Ryno23 said:

Cut Kiermaier last night in desperation SP mode, after he sat 2 days -- steals 2 bases today.

I'm down 3-2 in SBs.  Those 2 could cost me a title.

I loaded up on speed guys for Sunday, out of desperation.  Some of them sat, so I put Hoskins back in the lineup just to have an active bat, and dang if he didn't steal the base I need to tie up the category and give me the 7-6-1 lead!

...only to have Jose Ramirez swipe one an hour or so later to dash my hopes.  7-7 tie, and lost the tiebreaker because I lost the season series 12-16 (6-8 in 2 matchups).  Winners finished second place in the regular season, only 1 1/2 games behind my team.

That's 3 straight losses in the Championship Week for me, and now a 9 year drought in this league.  Yikes.

1 hour ago, Ryno23 said:

I loaded up on speed guys for Sunday, out of desperation.  Some of them sat, so I put Hoskins back in the lineup just to have an active bat, and dang if he didn't steal the base I need to tie up the category and give me the 7-6-1 lead!

...only to have Jose Ramirez swipe one an hour or so later to dash my hopes.  7-7 tie, and lost the tiebreaker because I lost the season series 12-16 (6-8 in 2 matchups).  Winners finished second place in the regular season, only 1 1/2 games behind my team.

That's 3 straight losses in the Championship Week for me, and now a 9 year drought in this league.  Yikes.

You should write a letter to the Buffalo Bills - they'll understand your pain

On 9/16/2017 at 2:04 AM, Gryfter said:

Had a bye last week, first round of playoffs for me this week.

Picked up Eddie Rosario for Scott Schebler and Matt Olson for Mark Reynolds. 

Sat Tommy Pham because of the eye / eye drops issue last weekend and forced to start Reynolds.

All 5 hitting categories are so close right now...sure could've used Pham's stats this week over Reynolds.

If the cardinals were playing him in a playoff race and he wasn't able to see......just disagreeing with that logic of sitting someone like that but understand why u did. 

7 hours ago, Ryno23 said:

Roto > h2h and I hate playoff leagues. Just my opinion especially with playoffs 

On 9/27/2017 at 1:18 PM, Snowblind said:

I HATE THE LAST WEEK OF THE SEASON AND YAHOO!'S "EXPERTS" WHO DON'T KNOW s---

Dropped Robbie Ray because Yahoo said last night was "likely" his last start of the season. Now he's pitching on Sunday and it's highly unlikely I'll be able to snag him back up. I need all the innings I can get. This better not cost me my matchup... so angry right now.

I think I'm putting the blame on the owner here.  you gotta confirm that 100% brotha 

8 hours ago, zstlj said:

If the cardinals were playing him in a playoff race and he wasn't able to see......just disagreeing with that logic of sitting someone like that but understand why u did. 

You must have missed my post in the winners thread. =)

At the time, Pham barely played the week before, especially the weekend series. News broke about his eye situation that Sunday IIRC...it wouldnt have been prudent to leave him in my weekly lineup, first round of playoffs.

• 4 weeks later...