NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/4/2017 at 11:46 AM, laracco said:

I, along with most of the community I think, had no idea Osuna was headed to the DL. I decided to check my lineup right at game time on Sunday, knowing that there were no changes needed. I checked at 10:09. I was shocked when I saw him on the DL, pulled him out, and the rosters locked before I could fill his spot. Since we are required to have 2 RP spots filled, I have an illegal roster and will get zero points for the week. I already had 100 points on day 2. I have Kershaw, Noah, Gausman, Felix, Harvey, Ramos, G.Sanchez, Abreu, Turner, Correa, C.Seager, K.Seager, Springer, A.Jones, Cruz, Carpenter, Gordon. This loss is going to sting.

And now week 2, after getting 0 points for week 1, I lost Sanchez and Turner. Gonna be one of those years huh?

16 minutes ago, laracco said:

And now week 2, after getting 0 points for week 1, I lost Sanchez and Turner. Gonna be one of those years huh?

Thats a really lame rule.

On my side, no technicalities: just a big thanks to everyone on my team for hitting under .200 this week or missing it entirely with the flu. It's been a joy

Edited by merlin401

5 hours ago, chud12 said:

When you draft Price and Ramos and only have 2 DL spots and also own Gary Sanchez and Rich Hill.  I am kind of Ucked a week into the season. 

Add Donaldson to the list for my squad.  Smh.  Wtf. 

12 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Drafted Cole, Carlos Martinez, Kluber, Salazar, Darvish, Aaron Sanchez, Gausman.  11 starts so far, 0 wins.  Dead last in era and whip.  Fun start watching beating after beating.

Sanchez was awesome yesterday.  Darvish was pretty good too.

15 hours ago, phizzics said:

I grabbed Rizzo early and then Bird late, so I thought I had 1B nailed. So far it's been like wearing a belt and suspenders and finding that your pants still wind up around your ankles.

Hahaha.. And then when you bend over to pick up your pants.....

Playing the league luck box I was winning 11-4. I f'n lose RBI on Albert Pujols 2 at-bat inning because "lockdown" closer Edwin Diaz can't get an out. Then I tie in wins and lose in K's because Devanski gets what, 4 innings of relief work. Should have gotten the loss but Kelvin Herrera is a POS.

Worst part, I pulled Syndegaard because until Devanski pitched, I would have only been risking the L. By the time I realized i was in trouble I had stupidly removed him from the lineup and the rest of the positions were locked. I couldn't put him back in the line up because guys like Chris Sale and Carlos Carrasco were occupying those spots. Would have won W's and K's. That is my biggest vent..ME! Idiot move.

Edited by Mickey Donovan

In 3 H2H 5x5 leagues, and drafted hitter-heavy in all 3 (like, 8 or 9 batters out of first 10 picks heavy).  Out of the 3 leagues combined, with 15 total hitting categories to win, I won 1 category last week.  That's not 1 in each league, that's 1 total - and it was SB which I didn't even really draft heavily for!  This could be a long year . . .

Hitters: Lucroy, Miggy, Odor, K.Seager, Story, Bregman, Springer, Stanton, Benintendi = .201 avg. Last in my league

Pitchers: Hamels, Harvey, Quintana, Stroman, Velasquez, Pineda, Dyson, K-Rod = 39 k's, 6.539 era, 1.406 whip. All last in my league

Quite a combo. Yay.