NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

2 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Was talking more about the draft strategy. You put yourself in a hole by drafting two DL players with only two slots. Injuries happen but sometimes it is nice to allow for them.

Fair enough  but where I got both guys In the draft I kind of felt compelled to take them.  Price in the 17th and Ramos in the 21st. 

Edited by chud12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna vent about these forums.... if a pitcher has a good game, he's the next big thing; if he has a bad game, he's a worthless bum.  The excitement after the good games I don't really have a problem with - it's often ridiculous, but at least it's fun.  But the whining after bad starts is so f'ing annoying. It's as if every season these forums are re-populated by people who are new to fantasy baseball and completely unaware that, sometimes, major league hitters score runs.

7 minutes ago, sinnacle said:

I'm gonna vent about these forums.... if a pitcher has a good game, he's the next big thing; if he has a bad game, he's a worthless bum.  The excitement after the good games I don't really have a problem with - it's often ridiculous, but at least it's fun.  But the whining after bad starts is so f'ing annoying. It's as if every season these forums are re-populated by people who are new to fantasy baseball and completely unaware that, sometimes, major league hitters score runs.

So people are mad when things go bad and people are happy when they go good? You should write a thesis on this.

1 minute ago, Hurt Reynolds said:

I can't believe I drafted story over Seeger for my SS....Corey's oblique injury had me worried. 

I shouldn't have over thought that one...gonna have to watch the rest of season knowing I ****** up.

at least you will have a crack at Rodgers when they bring him up because Story is so terrible

I don't own either, but genuinely bummed that both Trea and Gary are on the DL. They are the two sophomores I was most excited to watch this year. 

You suck, baseball Gods. 

on a personal level, I'm rostering: Mookie, Xander, J-Upton, Rendon, Rich Hill, Roberto Osuna, Dahl, among others.. and a recent (former) owner of DeShields and Conforto. 

overall we've had a bad mattress, multiple postponed games, bereavemant list, a missed flight, two blisters (Kluber, too), multiple game-time scratches (looking at you, J-Upton!), two HBP that led to missed games, a return pushed back, and of course the minor annoyances like Justin Turner getting a random rest day on game 3 against a soft-tosser, numerous strong pitching performances with no run support, and getting matched up with the worst possible opponents.

I went 2-7-1 last week after feeling the wrath of Jeremy Hellickson and Eduardo Nunez, and my new opponent is off to a stellar Monday with Pineda's gem, Bruce's multiple homer game, and of course Adam Duvall's base-stealing prowess. 

Feel's like Murphy's Law is striking down hard, and this week's opponent has Murphy so I am truly f***ed 

(still love my squad though... and baseball is a game of highs and lows... trust the process!!)

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

55 minutes ago, Hurt Reynolds said:

I can't believe I drafted story over Seeger for my SS....Corey's oblique injury had me worried. 

I shouldn't have over thought that one...gonna have to watch the rest of season knowing I ****** up.

Same thing here.Can't do much about it.I just consider it the first(well,second if you count the yet to be determined Pineda rage drop) of many eff ups.Luckily,I'm trying 1 league with move limits this year.I can only screw up so much before I get cut off,like the mercy rule in little league.