NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vent & Rant Thread 2017

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is easily the worst start I have ever had in fantasy baseball. 

I am carrying 13 hitters and only 3 are in the Top 150. One of those hitters, Segura, just got hurt. Altuve is having the worst start of any first rounder (Ranked 684); Story and Stanton are well north of 400. All of this made worse by the fact that I exclusively drafted hitters for the first 10 rounds. 

Logged into my computer today hoping a new week (in H2H) meant a fresh start for my bats. Nope, 1/19 with 1 run, 0 HR/Steals/RBI. Killing it. 

2 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Is it possible to be done for the season after two weeks in a H2H each-category league?

If you drafted horribly then yes.  I'd go a couple steps further and say that it's even possible you were doomed after your draft before the first game even started if you did indeed draft horribly.

41 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

If you drafted horribly then yes.  I'd go a couple steps further and say that it's even possible you were doomed after your draft before the first game even started if you did indeed draft horribly.

I looked back at the last five seasons of our league. The teams that started out hot the first two weeks-- for the most part-- had great years and made playoffs

I like my roster but I'm about to be 3-16-1. Getting absolutely trounced already this week... he hit 7 more homers today.

thought I was ready to roll but it's getting ugly quick 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

I need to rant.

Had a great start to the week with Verlander, Carrasco, and Pineda going 21.2 IP strong with a combined 2 ER, 21K. My opponent outdoes me with Jharel Cotton and James Paxton... 14 IP, 0 ER, 14K. Really?!

My team had a collective 0.381 OBP last week. Started this week off with my team hitting 3-for-24 yesterday for a 0.160 OBP. My opponent is 21-for-62 after tonight with an OBP of 0.481.

And now Dyson just got blown out of the water for 3 runs in one inning to blow yet another save. 

Perfect.