NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drew Brees 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t own brees but own Thomas and just stupid how you got to josh hill in triple coverage over the middle inside the redzone instead of a 1-1 matchup w Thomas on the outside. The chance of anpic in that situation is minuscule if you go to Thomas. Payton and the refs screws saints and that pick was just poor.

kamara will prob make his return next week but without him it makes brees sling it which is good .

10 minutes ago, ragrag said:

271 and 2 TD is not a bad game even with the pick. 

Could have been a lot better but why in the world would you complain about those #'s against a good pass D?

Not necessarily complaining, but damn... that was looking like it really should have been a 300/3 game easy after getting that 2nd TD two minutes into the 3rd quarter.

With Kamara going out and the way gameflow was going, the old Brees would have reached those numbers easily.

Can't be too upset, just a shame we couldn't get a little bit more out of that game.

6 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Not necessarily complaining, but damn... that was looking like it really should have been a 300/3 game easy after getting that 2nd TD two minutes into the 3rd quarter.

With Kamara going out and the way gameflow was going, the old Brees would have reached those numbers easily.

Can't be too upset, just a shame we couldn't get a little bit more out of that game.

This ^^^

You could not have asked for a more perfect game script. 

No running game, passing game looking solid, 200+ and 2 tds with almost a full half to go.

and then..... nothing 

It's a game for him that probably won't lose many the week, but it also won't win it either. Middle of the pack when it seemed to have so much potential for more, and this middle of the pack score seems like it's his ceiling for the year, rather then his floor.

But I guess we should be counting our blessings here. Ingram was one yard away from taking on of those tds, and if tommy lee Lewis doesn't have amazing body control and avoid the sidelines chances are Ingram ends up getting that one as well.

Edited by Nyblazer11235
4 minutes ago, billydough said:

His arm looks shot. 

Im guessing he has some type of shoulder injury he’s been playing with most of the season. 

It seems like the whole team was lost without AK, it's crazy how they went from looking so dynamic to just one dimensional. 

I was encouraged by what I saw from Brees yesterday compared to the prior weeks even with AK playing (In that drive AK lined up as a WR more than as a RB). The pick was bad, BUT at least they had him throwing it which gives him a higher projected floor/ceiling. A TD on that last play instead of an INT would have seen him score 23.48.

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Kamara back for the Jets.  Brees to the bench for me this week. 

I was massively looking forward to this matchup the last few weeks, but now it looks like a terrible game script.

The Jets have the worst pass defense in the league but an above average run defense, and it had shootout potential with the way McCown had been playing.

However, with pathetic Petty in there for the Jets, Brees will probably only throw it 20 times and hand it off 40 as the Saints cruise to a 31-3 win with a couple defensive TDs or short fields.

I'll probably start Stafford now over Brees. It sucks bc my semis opponent has Michael Thomas and Kamara, so I was hoping to cancel out Thomas. Now Kamara is just gonna eat.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

I was massively looking forward to this matchup the last few weeks, but now it looks like a terrible game script.

The Jets have the worst pass defense in the league but an above average run defense, and it had shootout potential with the way McCown had been playing.

However, with pathetic Petty in there for the Jets, Brees will probably only throw it 20 times and hand it off 40 as the Saints cruise to a 31-3 win with a couple defensive TDs or short fields.

I'll probably start Stafford now over Brees. It sucks bc my semis opponent has Michael Thomas and Kamara, so I was hoping to cancel out Thomas. Now Kamara is just gonna eat.

Agree on all points

Edited by cnewbykkn

Wouldn't be entirely surprised if Peyton opts for a more balanced attack seeing as Ingram was hurt going into the last game and Kamara is comkng off a head injury. Also, the Jets show up for random games. I won't be getting cute and subbing in QB2's for Brees in the semis.