NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drew Brees 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have had a huge game yesterday if Ingram stays in bounds on the long dump-off right before the first TD, and if MT kept his feet in on what should have been an easy catch.

Regardless, he gave most of us at least what we were expecting.  I kept going back and forth between he and Stafford all week, and they ended up scoring within 0.08 pts of each other in my league, haha.  I'm happy with the performance, and it was enough to get me to the 'Ship. 

I like him vs. the Falcons this week.  They are fairly solid against the run, and they should be able to put up enough points to keep Brees throwing.  My way too early prediction is 300+ yds and 2 TDs.  I hope I'm right because my finals opponent has Ingram.

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He could have had a huge game yesterday if Ingram stays in bounds on the long dump-off right before the first TD, and if MT kept his feet in on what should have been an easy catch.

Regardless, he gave most of us at least what we were expecting.  I kept going back and forth between he and Stafford all week, and they ended up scoring within 0.08 pts of each other in my league, haha.  I'm happy with the performance, and it was enough to get me to the 'Ship. 

I like him vs. the Falcons this week.  They are fairly solid against the run, and they should be able to put up enough points to keep Brees throwing.  My way too early prediction is 300+ yds and 2 TDs.  I hope I'm right because my finals opponent has Ingram.

I agree with this. Didn't let us down this week had a decent performance and was very close to a vintage 4 td game.

Gonna ride or die with Brees. The game has big playoff implications coupled with the bad blood between these two teams after that recent game leads me to think he's gonna be licking his chops at some redemption here. 

9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Ingram did stay in bounds.  The replay still shot showed a visible amount of green turf between Ingram's foot and the white sideline.  Sean Payton couldn't challenge the call though because the ref blew the whistle and called the play dead when he ruled Ingram out of bounds. It actually should have been a passing TD for Brees and a receiving TD for Ingram. The Saints settled for a FG.

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Ingram did stay in bounds.  The replay still shot showed a visible amount of green turf between Ingram's foot and the white sideline.  Sean Payton couldn't challenge the call though because the ref blew the whistle and called the play dead when he ruled Ingram out of bounds. It actually should have been a passing TD for Brees and a receiving TD for Ingram. The Saints settled for a FG.

Ah, thanks for the clarification... that's even more frustrating then.  

I was switching between Red Zone and the Skins' game, so I didn't catch every little detail in the 1pm games.

I'm so torn, Brees, Bortles, Foles. Brees is safer but I hate his low ceiling. I will probably wait to see how my L. Murray does saturday night. Big game from him and i will be conservative with Brees. If he ***** the bed I will have to go with the upside of Bortles/Foles.