NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Roethlisberger 2017 Outlook

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw the Billick breakdown of Ben last week in Chicago - opening play of the game, 1st and 10 from their 30 - Bryant BLOWS RIGHT BY THE COVERAGE - WIDE OPEN - Ben overthrows ... badly.  easiest 70 yd TD he probably ever could've hoped to see. 

same series, AB blows by his coverage, streaking down the sideline wide open for an easy score - Ben's throw somehow leads AB into the sidelines, and out of bounds. 

he did not look good, gents. 

30 minutes ago, 16kredit said:

Yea I checked it out 2 days ago, horrible.
 against BAL on average his rating is like 65 on the road with AT LEAST a 1:1 td int ratio. 250 yards... yeaa benching him for watson.

Doing the exact same thing

I'm tempted to roll him out this week after reading Baltimore's defense is somewhat depleted:

*After being surprisingly shredded by the Jaguars, Baltimore’s defense will once again be without DT Brandon Williams this week. It is a big boost for Le'Veon Bell and really the entire offense. Maxx Williams (ankle) and CB Jaylen Hill (thigh) will also sit. Ben Watson (calf) is questionable, but he should play after getting in a full practice Friday. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/74745/78/injury-report-week-4

It's either him or Watson.  What are the thoughts about Big Ben this week?

On 9/24/2017 at 6:14 PM, affliction said:

I dont have much faith in him this offense is just too stale on the road and he doesnt have any upside at home anymore it seems. 

In the "it's about ******** time" category, I think we are going to see some dormant  players rise up. Historically, weeks 3-4 are when we see teams that were struggling to get in sync finally get it together. Last week we saw Brandon Marshall finally get on the same page as Eli. This is a terrible match up on the road for Bend vs. a very good Ravens D. While he won't be anything special today I think we will see him click with Bryant more and Bell will have a decent day as well. 

Edited by pikerbkb
On 9/27/2017 at 5:57 PM, 16kredit said:

Yea I checked it out 2 days ago, horrible.
 against BAL on average his rating is like 65 on the road with AT LEAST a 1:1 td int ratio. 250 yards... yeaa benching him for watson.

I’m doing the exact same thing.. 

2 hours ago, FFMike888 said:

I'm tempted to roll him out this week after reading Baltimore's defense is somewhat depleted:

*After being surprisingly shredded by the Jaguars, Baltimore’s defense will once again be without DT Brandon Williams this week. It is a big boost for Le'Veon Bell and really the entire offense. Maxx Williams (ankle) and CB Jaylen Hill (thigh) will also sit. Ben Watson (calf) is questionable, but he should play after getting in a full practice Friday. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/74745/78/injury-report-week-4

It's either him or Watson.  What are the thoughts about Big Ben this week?

Sounds like a good bet the game will go over the total. The Steelers (-3) implied total is 24 points, but so 3 TDs. Roethlisberger should be good for at least 2 of those. My only other choice is Brissett vs. SEA. Going to roll with Ben. Obvious choice. 

Washed up and quick to throw his WRs under the bus. Even when OBJ was going through his temper tantrums, I don't remember Eli throwing him under the bus.

Ben is pathetic and that's on and off the field.

56 minutes ago, Fearfulways said:

Thoughts against the Jags?

Pretty much forced to start him in 2 money leagues...thank god they are at home.

Wondering what everyone's take on Ben is as well.. Ben at home offers a glimmer of hope. Echoing everyone else's thoughts, he doesn't look to be himself. Perhaps the silver lining here is 3 out of the first 4 games were on the road?... Jags defense is unproven, but definitely a cause for concern... Not confident, but I'm not confident in Rivers either. Ugh

He's still been ok in my 16 teamer.   I have faith in Ben.  Juju is starting to  look like a find for them also.  He's been getting better and could provide another serious weapon in that offense.  They aren't the Steelers of a few years back, but I wouldn't sell them short.  The team or Ben.

Ben isn't a spring chicken, but he still looks in good shape and don't really see any major physical decline.  He could still throw the ball.

I think whatever is going on is temporary and just a matter of everything coming together.  

And I can't stress Smith-Schuster enough.  I'm probably in the minority but I could see this kid overtaking Bryant as the #2 WR as early as this season.  Not necessarily in official role, but if he is on the field a lot and in the slot, I could see him outperforming Bryant.  I think this kid is going to be a serious threat sooner or later and I believe he's just about the youngest player in the 2017 draft.  Or one of.  At just 20 there is so much room to grow and so much talent to build on.  He also seems like an exceptionally smart kid.  

I think it could be as early as the 2nd half of this season.  But in a year or two, he and Brown could be a serious two headed monster.  With Bell in the backfield, and Ben presumably still playing, could really see a Pittsburgh renaissance of sorts.  

I would definitely give Ben more time though before doing anything rash, like dropping him in a 12 team league.

Edited by brakeyawself
8 hours ago, Motown_Magic said:

Wondering what everyone's take on Ben is as well.. Ben at home offers a glimmer of hope. Echoing everyone else's thoughts, he doesn't look to be himself. Perhaps the silver lining here is 3 out of the first 4 games were on the road?... Jags defense is unproven, but definitely a cause for concern... Not confident, but I'm not confident in Rivers either. Ugh

I think its going to be a whole lot of LevBell.. thats the gameplan to beat Jags, Ben will get pummeled back there if he is forced to throw but i see Bell having a monster game and not much going on for anyone else