Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Roethlisberger 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Cord said:

How much does JuJu being declared out hurt Ben’s prospects this weekend? Enough to bench him in favor of Brissett or Dalton?

anyone going against cleveland not named Bortles is a must start

Edited by Chippa
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cord said:

How much does JuJu being declared out hurt Ben’s prospects this weekend? Enough to bench him in favor of Brissett or Dalton?

Hes playing home @ GB...The only down flaw is they may be up big early...Dont forget Ben had monster game last week without JuJu......Hunter, Rogers, maybe even Bryant will be fine @ this D 

Edited by Sean Tambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Hes playing home @ GB...The only down flaw is they may be up big early...Dont forget Ben had monster game last week without JuJu......Hunter, Rogers, maybe even Bryant will be fine @ this D 

Juju played last week

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sean Tambo said:

Yes, and didnt really contribute to Bens good game, thats what I meant "without JuJu last week" 

Yeah because Brown went off.  But you have to think Juju recent success led to Brown not getting double and even tripled on some plays.  Just because a guy doesn't have a big statistical day doesn't mean he didn't impact coverage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, youngrice said:

Yeah because Brown went off.  But you have to think Juju recent success led to Brown not getting double and even tripled on some plays.  Just because a guy doesn't have a big statistical day doesn't mean he didn't impact coverage.

I hear what your saying... GB will have respect Bryant now on deep balls and Brown is just going to eat once again @ this soft secondary. I dont see how Ben doesnt get 20FP this week  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

I have hard time starting him @ Cin or Bal...May stream someone like Hundley, maybe Jimmy G, Keenum,McCown 

 

Both are primetime games, BAL is at home.  The only thing nuttier than his career home/away splits is how well he is doing in primetime games.  He is the goat under the spotlight, and the Steelers have finally become what the Chiefs looked like they were at the start of the season.  You can't sit him in either of those matchups for a streamer.

Edited by ap0calypse
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's got AB and Bell. He always has 4 TD upside. JuJu is coming back and Martavis seems to have turned a corner. He looked decent yesterday on limited opportunity. 

 

They always have had arguably the top offense on paper. Ben could really surprise to end the season. Gotta ride the flames while you can.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Home Ben is a force to be reckoned with. But unsurprisingly he's been pretty average in away games.

 

He'll fall back to earth next week with 230 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int. Don't expect a game like the past 2 weeks. He hasn't had more than 2 TD's in away games this season and I don't see it happening in Cinci.

Edited by TheLegacy
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TheLegacy said:

Home Ben is a force to be reckoned with. But unsurprisingly he's been pretty average in away games.

 

He'll fall back to earth next week with 230 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int. Don't expect a game like the past 2 weeks. He hasn't had more than 2 TD's in away games this season and I don't see it happening in Cinci.

Yep...Thats why Im streaming next week...If he gets around 20FP in Cinci, I will play him at home @ Bal ...Im more confident Hundley next week at home @ Yucs swiss cheese D....Will see 

Edited by Sean Tambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Yep...Thats why Im streaming next week...If he gets around 20FP in Cinci, I will play him at home @ Bal ...Im more confident Hundley next week at home @ Yucs swiss cheese D....Will see 

 

Roethlisberger has only had 2 games with >20 fantasy points (4 point TD) and that was this week and last, both at home. His only other game close to 20 points was 3 weeks ago vs a terrible Indy defense, albeit in Indianapolis.

 

I don't realistically see him doing that well in Cinci. ~18 points would probably be his ceiling next Monday. 

Edited by TheLegacy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even a 300 yard 2 TD is good enough, unless you have Brady, Wentz, Wilson, Cousins, He is on a good team with amazing playmakers, he started slow this year and looked off but the last 2 games show potential and the offense is clicking.   Guys like Alex Smith, Dak, even Brees have fallen since the beginning of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mortman212 said:

Even a 300 yard 2 TD is good enough, unless you have Brady, Wentz, Wilson, Cousins, He is on a good team with amazing playmakers, he started slow this year and looked off but the last 2 games show potential and the offense is clicking.   Guys like Alex Smith, Dak, even Brees have fallen since the beginning of the year.

My only choice now is to trust the trend or think about him not at home. I got Tyrod against NE. Threw Goff back, looking at McCown or Garappolo for pick ups. Where's Cam Newton the poster when you need to debate starting Ben or not? ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheLegacy said:

 

Roethlisberger has only had 2 games with >20 fantasy points (4 point TD) and that was this week and last, both at home. His only other game close to 20 points was 3 weeks ago vs a terrible Indy defense, albeit in Indianapolis.

 

I don't realistically see him doing that well in Cinci. ~18 points would probably be his ceiling next Monday. 

Although our league is 6 pt td's we also get -3 for an INT or -6 for a pick 6 and that scares the hell out of me with Ben on the road against a division opponent who still has an outside shot at the playoffs.

 

That said I spent $5 this morning and picked up Hundley(vs. Bucs and @ Browns) as a streamer this week and possibly next..Gotta admit I'm not super confident on benching Ben but our league plays all 17 weeks with our play-offs running with the actual NFL Play-Offs and at the present I am in but with 3 other teams right on my back so I'm thinking no guts no glory.

 

Hope this one doesn't come back to bite me but I think Hundley will play well enough to keep GB in the play-off hunt until Rodgers returns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Although our league is 6 pt td's we also get -3 for an INT or -6 for a pick 6 and that scares the hell out of me with Ben on the road against a division opponent who still has an outside shot at the playoffs.

 

That said I spent $5 this morning and picked up Hundley(vs. Bucs and @ Browns) as a streamer this week and possibly next..Gotta admit I'm not super confident on benching Ben but our league plays all 17 weeks with our play-offs running with the actual NFL Play-Offs and at the present I am in but with 3 other teams right on my back so I'm thinking no guts no glory.

 

Hope this one doesn't come back to bite me but I think Hundley will play well enough to keep GB in the play-off hunt until Rodgers returns.

 

Ben has outscored Hundley every week this season, going back to Hundley's first game in Week 6. That includes Ben's score from Week 8 when GB had their bye, versus Hundley's score from Week 9 when PITT had their bye. 

 

That of course doesn't mean Ben is a lock to again beat Hundley in Week 13. Hundley does have a good matchup. But going away from a QB that has more TD's in the past two weeks (Ben has 8 TD's) than Hundley has the whole season (7 combined TD's - 5 passing and 2 rushing), that's an interesting move...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Corleone said:

 

Ben has outscored Hundley every week this season, going back to Hundley's first game in Week 6. That includes Ben's score from Week 8 when GB had their bye, versus Hundley's score from Week 9 when PITT had their bye. 

 

That of course doesn't mean Ben is a lock to again beat Hundley in Week 13. Hundley does have a good matchup. But going away from a QB that has more TD's in the past two weeks (Ben has 8 TD's) than Hundley has the whole season (7 combined TD's - 5 passing and 2 rushing), that's an interesting move...

Not going to compare a seasoned vet with a rookie just getting settled into his new role.Maybe I play the game a little differently but I'm willing to risk the move with our league's INT rules.Granted,Hundley has averaged an INT per game but again I'll take the risk with Hundley at home and Ben on the road.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, mortman212 said:

Even a 300 yard 2 TD is good enough, unless you have Brady, Wentz, Wilson, Cousins, He is on a good team with amazing playmakers, he started slow this year and looked off but the last 2 games show potential and the offense is clicking.   Guys like Alex Smith, Dak, even Brees have fallen since the beginning of the year.

 

In away games this season, Ben has only thrown for 300 once and has only had a 2 TD game once @ Indy. Do people not understand this guy has some of the worst home/road splits of all QBs? (Okay Maybe Brees is worse). 300 yards and 2 TD's isn't going to happen. 220 with 1 Int and TD is what he's getting you next Monday and nothing more.

Edited by TheLegacy
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheLegacy said:

 

In away games this season, Ben has only thrown for 300 once and has only had a 2 TD game once @ Indy. Do people not understand this guy has some of the worst home/road splits of all QBs? (Okay Maybe Brees is worse). 300 yards and 2 TD's isn't going to happen. 220 with 1 Int and TD is what he's getting you next Monday and nothing more.

 

Just when you think you can bank on something in the NFL, whammy.

 

Kizer just went to Cincy and put up 268 yards.

 

Tempering expectations, but I'd say floor is 250-1 with a potential of 300-3. If PIT defense dominates (see Sunday night at home against Hundley, hmm) I could see a negative game flow for Ben, more of a Bell game. 

 

Let's hope Dalton and company can score some.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...