NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Roethlisberger 2017 Outlook

6 hours ago, TheLegacy said:

In away games this season, Ben has only thrown for 300 once and has only had a 2 TD game once @ Indy. Do people not understand this guy has some of the worst home/road splits of all QBs? (Okay Maybe Brees is worse). 300 yards and 2 TD's isn't going to happen. 220 with 1 Int and TD is what he's getting you next Monday and nothing more.

I think people are also entertaining the narrative of how well Prime-Time Ben performs.

He's played in 3 prime time games this year and 2/3 were these past 2 weeks (albeit at home). The third, he put up ~15 points in standard (317 yds, 1 td, 1 int), which was the away game.

Take into account all the other prime time games in his career, and one can understand why they have certain expectations for Ben this week.

Just a disclaimer - I have no shares of Big Ben, only AB. 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

I'm starting him this week.  Other options weren't great, and without Jimmy Smith, Ravens aren't the same D.

Yep.  Stafford and Lions offense could do nothing first half.  Then Smith got injured and Stafford went off second half.

Anyone concerned that Ben's hot streak has coincided with Juju's rise? Idk if he's as trustworthy now that he'll have to forcefeed AB. Bryant hasn't been reliable all year and when it was just AB and Martavis, Ben simply wasn't a good fantasy QB. Jimmy Smith is out, but BAL is still an elite D and if they focus on shutting AB down, I'm concerned the rest of Ben's weapons don't pose much of a threat.

3 hours ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Anyone concerned that Ben's hot streak has coincided with Juju's rise? Idk if he's as trustworthy now that he'll have to forcefeed AB. Bryant hasn't been reliable all year and when it was just AB and Martavis, Ben simply wasn't a good fantasy QB. Jimmy Smith is out, but BAL is still an elite D and if they focus on shutting AB down, I'm concerned the rest of Ben's weapons don't pose much of a threat.

Umm Juju didn’t play week 12 vs GB. Ben’s numbers that game? 350, 4 TDs. 

57 minutes ago, Smitty114 said:

I have Rivers as well and currently have Rivers starting over Big Ben, but it's a tough decision.  Primetime game at home (even though against a good defense) and AB is on a mission right now.

same here.  Both of these guys are hot right now.  I actually have a bye this week, but would be starting Rivers.  Next week is a tougher decision though.  Don't think you can go wrong either way.  I have a feeling Ben is on a mission for one last hurrah so he can ride off into the sunset after this season.  I think Ben will be around 300 yards and a couple TD's this week. 

Edited by TommyKramer
11 minutes ago, ColKurtz said:

Have to start him. Lost Watson and Gabbert is the only serviceable streamer available. 

Serviceable? lol. You just stumbled onto gold.

On 12/6/2017 at 7:17 AM, patsspytech said:

Ben Roethlisberger has faced Baltimore twice since 2014 without Jimmy Smith, who is out with an Achilles injury (both in PIT). In those two games, Ben has 619 yards, 9 TDs and 2 INTs. BAL at PIT in Week 14.

Requoting for those of you who don't read any past posts, even though it's on the same page. Lol at someone willing to pass on Big Ben at home in prime time for Blaine Gabbert...

Edited by CooL
On 10/11/2017 at 11:15 PM, throwinsamoan said:

He didn't just lose it overnight. 

Not a chance in hell Tomlin turns to Landry Jones. Tomlin knows where his bread his buttered.  Ben was just caught up in the moment with those comments, Ben being Ben, perhaps even being a smart a** responding to the media in that moment. He's a very competitive SOB, so there isn't a doubt in my mind he'll turn it around. This ain't his first rodeo, he's been through mini slumps before. 

yah...