NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Roethlisberger 2017 Outlook

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, rbug8 said:

Ben, bless you for gunning to JuJu when up multiple scores in the 4th quarter. You may have won me a championship.

Me as well. I had AB and Ben all season in a 2-QB league, and with Brown getting knocked out in Week 15, I was quite nervous. But that late TD to JuJu was the difference in me winning the title. 

Edited by Corleone
2 hours ago, Corleone said:

Me as well. I had AB and Ben all season in a 2-QB league, and with Brown getting knocked out in Week 15, I was quite nervous. But that late TD to JuJu was the difference in me winning the title. 

Yea and to update Ben did end up winning me a championship, trophy and ton of money. What a stud.

2 minutes ago, rbug8 said:

Yea and to update Ben did end up winning me a championship, trophy and ton of money. What a stud.

Nice, congrats. I spent higher than I wanted to, in order to get Ben in the auction draft format. Early on, he wasn't doing anything all that great to be worthy of the spend...but patience paid off, as he came through down the stretch! 

Edited by Corleone

He only got me 20 points in my scoring format, the lowest he has had since week 8 before the bye.  Enough though to win me my week.

I got him after his original owner dropped him after the 5 INT game in week 5.  Then glad I stuck with him through mediocre weeks 6-8.  Because after the bye, he was a reliable high scoring option. 

For cost, this guy was a league winner.  He benefits from a coach who likes to sling it, despite having Le'Veon Bell in the backfield.  I think he's proved that he has still got it, and I will look to target him next year as well.  AB, JuJu, maybe Bryant gets back into things, and Bell.  Lots of weapons.

55 minutes ago, CooL said:

He only got me 20 points in my scoring format, the lowest he has had since week 8 before the bye.  Enough though to win me my week.

I got him after his original owner dropped him after the 5 INT game in week 5.  Then glad I stuck with him through mediocre weeks 6-8.  Because after the bye, he was a reliable high scoring option. 

For cost, this guy was a league winner.  He benefits from a coach who likes to sling it, despite having Le'Veon Bell in the backfield.  I think he's proved that he has still got it, and I will look to target him next year as well.  AB, JuJu, maybe Bryant gets back into things, and Bell.  Lots of weapons.

Bet you $1 he makes another comment in the offseason about retiring, depressing the values of all steelers fantasy players

Not looking like Pit is willing to gamble on the pats losing to the jets.

Rotoworld:

The Steelers are expected to hold Ben Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Bell out for Sunday's finale.

The word came from teammate Marcus Gilbert in a Thursday radio interview. The Steelers apparently don't expect the Jets to give the Patriots a game, which would be the only way Pittsburgh could improve from the No. 2 seed. It also means the 0-15 Browns will have a much greater shot at avoiding 0-16. Landry Jones will be under center for Pittsburgh. 35-year-old Roethlisberger will be working on two weeks rest in the Divisional Round.
1 hour ago, Sean Tambo said:

Tomlin needs to go imo.......You cant just assume the Pats have already won in your mind and not put your best effort on the field......................You play to win the game 

Seems weird. Beaten down mentality. I think Tomlin is losing his marbles.

I found this strange too.

If I was Tomlin, I would at least start the game with everyone full go and check the score after half time and then maybe start pulling starters in the 3rd/4th if Pats have solid lead.

I agree with Sean T, hope Browns beat them and Jets pull off the upset. Then watch the press conference!

:angry:

Just great,I'm in a season long league with a shot at 2nd place for some decent cash and both my qb's Ben and Alex Smith are not playing.I can do an add.drop but the cost is $50 to do so.#@#$%%$#!!!

2 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Just great,I'm in a season long league with a shot at 2nd place for some decent cash and both my qb's Ben and Alex Smith are not playing.I can do an add.drop but the cost is $50 to do so.#@#$%%$#!!!

Exactly why all league's should end the 16th week, and not the 17th. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Exactly why all league's should end the 16th week, and not the 17th. 

That's just it,our play-offs go with the NFL Play_Offs so a 17 week season is how it is and as the GM of your team you deal with it.

10 minutes ago, nzoner said:

In the same boat and currently in 1st place. I might quit this league if they don't change it to end after week 16. Big money too. If I drop out of 1st I'll be extremely upset. Worst part is only 2 waiver claims per week and they close Thursday evening! So I can't even monitor and make changes this weekend. I mean I guess all teams are in the same boat in the league but this is just too fluky to risk my cash.

I have to now start Tyrod Taylor and Duke Johnson instead of Big Ben and Ajayi. Not to mention, probably have to start Martavis Bryant over Nuke because week 17 (injury he probably would normally play through), and I've already lost AB.

Not to mention, Cowboys may pull Elliot early. Who knows what other players are at risk. Just dumb to play through week 17! Sorry for the CSB.

22 minutes ago, nzoner said:

That's just it,our play-offs go with the NFL Play_Offs so a 17 week season is how it is and as the GM of your team you deal with it.

So if you have someone on your team like Hopkins, whose Texans won't be in the NFL playoffs, you have to find a WR who is in the playoffs to fill his spot? 

1 hour ago, Corleone said:

So if you have someone on your team like Hopkins, whose Texans won't be in the NFL playoffs, you have to find a WR who is in the playoffs to fill his spot? 

Not exactly,we play all 17 weeks(12 team league $200 per entry) and instead of HTH it's a tier scoring system in other words highest score gets 11 points down to lowest score that gets 0.Those points accumulate weekly and the top 6 make the play-offs.Those 6 can keep anyone already on their rosters that's in the play-offs and then we redraft from the bottom 6 teams play-off players @ $5 per and start a post-season points only tourney so as long as you have players you may be playing through the actual NFL Superbowl.

The top 6 teams in regular season are compensated well  and also get a percentage of the league's transaction pot.The SB tourney awards cash to the winner and 2nd place which is $100 from regular season entry and all of post-season transactions.

35 minutes ago, nzoner said:

Not exactly,we play all 17 weeks(12 team league $200 per entry) and instead of HTH it's a tier scoring system in other words highest score gets 11 points down to lowest score that gets 0.Those points accumulate weekly and the top 6 make the play-offs.Those 6 can keep anyone already on their rosters that's in the play-offs and then we redraft from the bottom 6 teams play-off players @ $5 per and start a post-season points only tourney so as long as you have players you may be playing through the actual NFL Superbowl.

The top 6 teams in regular season are compensated well  and also get a percentage of the league's transaction pot.The SB tourney awards cash to the winner and 2nd place which is $100 from regular season entry and all of post-season transactions.

That is one unique setup for sure. Good luck!

3 hours ago, nzoner said:

54 minutes ago, nzoner said:

A transaction costs you $50 (?!!!) or $5?

I think it's poor strategy of the Steelers to just give up.  And yes, this is why you should have your league end in week 16.

18 hours ago, CooL said:

A transaction costs you $50 (?!!!) or $5?

I think it's poor strategy of the Steelers to just give up.  And yes, this is why you should have your league end in week 16.

Yes,the last 4 weeks of the season is $50 per and there is no ending the league in week 16,reread what I posted on how this particular league works.